• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some fun road trip games for adults?

In summary, the author is looking for some good road trip games and her husband is not into them. She found one that she and her husband enjoy playing. The game is the alphabet game, where they go through the alphabet and find license plates from other states. They also play a game where one person guesses the name of the song before it flips to the next station. Lastly, they play a game where they count or find odd bumper stickers.
mrssyvo
DH and I are driving from Indiana to South Carolina for vacation, and I am looking for some good road games- No kids, just the 2 of us (we are empty nesters). I much prefer to read when traveling, but it irritates DH when I read, and so he irritates me as well (hitting book, singing wrong words to song on rAdio, etc) he really is quite cute about it. I htought I would surprise him this trip, and read less, and interact more- but there is only so much you can talk about, even if you are still madly in love.(LOL) What are your favorite road trip games. The only one I know of, is the alphabet game, running through the alphabet, using letters found on signes.

I just realized how bad the title of my post sounded. I am sorry, I do not mean to offend. What I meant was, no kids will be along, so we do not need games with rules so simple that children can understand and play along. ( I am blushing as I sit here!!)

Sure that's what you meant!!:blushing::rolleyes:;)
Strip alphabet game! :p Just teasing

Well, you could see how many license plates you could find from the other states. Keep a tally of which states you find. Ummmmmm.......Well I guess I don't know many!! We always play the alphabet game! LOL

We are empty nesters too and what we have been doing is either renting or buying books on CD. We both get totally into them and have been known to stay in (or return to) the car after arriving home to hear the end of a book. We started this when our youngest two were in high school and had no interest in car games any more - they just wanted to listen to their music and do their own thing so they used earphones and we "read" our book. I have to say though that often they would get as interested as we were in the stories - but they did NOT stay in the car to finish a book. lol

PS: I love to read too but since I do 99.9% of the driving I don't get to even crack a book on trips. DH NEVER reads (does enough in his job he says) but loves the audio books.

Last edited:
My husband and I put the radio on scan and then try to be the first person to guess the name of the song correctly before it flips to the next station. Kinda silly, but we have fun anyway.

catlwilles said:
My husband and I put the radio on scan and then try to be the first person to guess the name of the song correctly before it flips to the next station. Kinda silly, but we have fun anyway.

I would lose every time.

We have played the alphabet game. Find an "a" printed anywhere outside the car (billboard, business, other cars...), then a "b", etc. They have to be in order.

Play the alphabet game backwards - that is harder! Search for certain types of cars and give them point values.
Semi - Zero
Mercedes - 10
State Patrol car - 2
Firetruck - 20
Hummer - 5
Etc.Make up the life story of the guy traveling next to you. (Really fun when they are hauling a trailer of cows or something.)Road kill tally.Count or find odd bumper stickers.

mrssyvo said:
I just realized how bad the title of my post sounded. I am sorry, I do not mean to offend. What I meant was, no kids will be along, so we do not need games with rules so simple that children can understand and play along. ( I am blushing as I sit here!!)

This is hilarious!! I "hovered" over your thread to see what it was about b/c I was thinking there maybe was a group of adults going on a trip together and was thinking maybe you posted this thread on the wrong site!! LOL

I can't think of any games to play...I usually am the passenger and play the "find holes in my eyelids" game. Sorry I can't help!!

Yellow car/jeep game. Basically, if you see a yellow car (suv, trucks, vans, auto, they all count as long as it's yellow) or if you see a jeep (not an suv kind) you yell "yellow car" or "jeep". It's sounds silly but it really makes time fly and you would be suprised how many yellow vehicles and jeeps are on the road. Sometime just out of the blue, we'll be driving down the road and one of us will yell out "yellow car" and then we'll start all over again even if we aren't on a road trip. :)

mrssyvo said:

Yeah, I was laughing because any "adult" "games" that I come up with would involve nekkedness and possibly loss of control of the car- which aren't always a good combo---but hey...if you two can pull it off, hats off to you!!!

:p

I say play strip poker but use license plates that you see as cards...

I'm kidding by the way- this is a family site, please keep your clothes on. :) LOL

LOL, my mind totally took the dirty detour at first, too!Silly as it is, my husband and I play "I'm going on a picnic/camping"First person: "I'm going on a picnic and I'm taking... apples!"
Second person: "I'm going on a picnic and I'm taking apples... and Boston Baked Beans!"No score, but answers that would get you multiple points on Scattergories (like Boston Baked Beans) generally earn a coveted "oooohhhh, good one!" from the other player :) My husband always gets ridiculous, and would likely be taking Barbara Bush with him on his picnic, along with a kangaroo and an X-ray machine.Other than that, we like to play "If I won the lottery (which would be a miracle because I don't play), I would..." We have gotten into some heated disagreements, though! It's silly how much we can argue over how many bowling lanes we would have, and whether we would have a few vacation properties that we rented out or just one that we keep only for us! Silly.Sometimes we also do crossword puzzles together. I read out the clues, and then pretend I don't know while he thinks about it. I give him a while since he isn't looking at the book. Easy crosswords help.And I love books on tape, too! Wish DH did. When I drove my brothers home from school when they were in middle school/elementary school, I used to get books on tape to get them to ease off of beating each other brainless :) Ah, the long-lasting wonders of Chronicles of Narnia and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

tabnat80 said:
Yellow car/jeep game. Basically, if you see a yellow car (suv, trucks, vans, auto, they all count as long as it's yellow) or if you see a jeep (not an suv kind) you yell "yellow car" or "jeep". It's sounds silly but it really makes time fly and you would be suprised how many yellow vehicles and jeeps are on the road. Sometime just out of the blue, we'll be driving down the road and one of us will yell out "yellow car" and then we'll start all over again even if we aren't on a road trip. :)

We do this too, but we do it with 'punchbuggies'. Never thought to do it with yellow vehicles or jeeps though!

janetupnorth said:
Play the alphabet game backwards - that is harder!

Search for certain types of cars and give them point values.
Semi - Zero
Mercedes - 10
State Patrol car - 2
Firetruck - 20
Hummer - 5
Etc.

Make up the life story of the guy traveling next to you. (Really fun when they are hauling a trailer of cows or something.)

Road kill tally.

Count or find odd bumper stickers.

We do this too but we use the game Rubberneckers. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0811822176/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It has things like find a hotel/motel sign get 5 points, dog in a vehicle 5 points, bird on a wire, road kill or helicopter 10 points each and some really funny ones like 'make glasses with your fingers and get a person in another vehicle to acknowledge you' for 20 points etc.

It's just an oversized deck of cards with commands and pictures and we picked it up at our local bookstore. :)

kcjodih said:
We do this too but we use the game Rubberneckers. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0811822176/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It has things like find a hotel/motel sign get 5 points, dog in a vehicle 5 points, bird on a wire, road kill or helicopter 10 points each and some really funny ones like 'make glasses with your fingers and get a person in another vehicle to acknowledge you' for 20 points etc.

It's just an oversized deck of cards with commands and pictures and we picked it up at our local bookstore. :)

Hey, that sounds great! I'm going to have to pick up a deck before our next trip to PA.

Wow, these are great ideas- Thank you. Kacey, I am afraid you and my DH are kindred spirits- I mentioned the title of my thread, and he started giving all sorts of ideas, of course, none of them I could print here. I am so blessed that God has given me a DH who loves his DW, and is not too shy to show me !!!!! he did mention that maybe part of the trip home, we should look for a more "scenic & remote" route. Uh-OH!!!!!

My DH was standing over my shoulder reading this & said, "WHAT is that about?" with a huge grin on his face. :D I think he was planning our next vacation... Albeit with kids... but his mind was running wild anyway. LOL

Have fun on your trip, Sue.

mrssyvo said:
Wow, these are great ideas- Thank you. Kacey, I am afraid you and my DH are kindred spirits- I mentioned the title of my thread, and he started giving all sorts of ideas, of course, none of them I could print here. I am so blessed that God has given me a DH who loves his DW, and is not too shy to show me !!!!! he did mention that maybe part of the trip home, we should look for a more "scenic & remote" route. Uh-OH!!!!!

Those can be quite fun! Not that I would know anything about that personally. ;):blushing::blushing:

Of course not, Laurie--- Actually, my husband has a fondness of curvy, hilly roads. When we go through the Smokies, he is always wanting to go off the paved roads, and go exploring,

I had to see for myself after reading the headline. My mind was not thinking this way for sure!!!

When I was younger we would guess the upcoming cars, but now so many look the same. Otherwise I rest in a reclining position.

We do like to dream if we won a million dollars what would we do with it. That can take up a lot of time. I think we have every penny alotted at this point, but I tell my DH we need to buy a ticket to win. We never do.

OHHHH MY! after reading the headline.. my mind went spinning off to where it should not be at the moment...

anyhow... license place bingo... using different states

kcjodih said:
We do this too, but we do it with 'punchbuggies'. Never thought to do it with yellow vehicles or jeeps though!

We call it slug bug. We also came up with the Mini Cooper pinch, PT poke and I added the boat slap (My husband wants a fishing boat so every time he looks at one I decided I needed to slap him, we can't afford it right now.) LOL:D

What I've done before is bring along The Book of Questions and The Book of Horrible Questions (not my favorite, but still interesting). They are really good conversation starters!

We yell "Ooops Banana!" For yellow cars, not sure why or even how it got started, think it was a spin off of Punchbuggy

Don't forgot to say, "No slug backs!"

PCJen said:
We call it slug bug. We also came up with the Mini Cooper pinch, PT poke and I added the boat slap (My husband wants a fishing boat so every time he looks at one I decided I needed to slap him, we can't afford it right now.) LOL:D

This had me laughing out loud!! My dad wants a boat badly too! Everytime he comes home to visit, I ask of he's found hsi dream boat while traveling afar... I need to just salp him one good time, huh?

ragschef said:
This had me laughing out loud!! My dad wants a boat badly too! Everytime he comes home to visit, I ask of he's found hsi dream boat while traveling afar... I need to just salp him one good time, huh?

No, it takes more than one good time. LOL:D And my son is no help either.

My maiden name is Syvertsen, pronounced more like your name :)

1. What exactly are "Ot- Adult Games for Road Trip"?

"Ot- Adult Games for Road Trip" are a set of games specifically designed for adults to play during road trips. They are a fun and entertaining way to pass the time while traveling.

2. How many games are included in the set?

The set includes a total of five games, each with its own unique rules and challenges. These games are designed to keep players engaged and entertained throughout the duration of the road trip.

3. Are these games appropriate for all ages?

These games are specifically designed for adults and may contain mature content. They may not be suitable for children, so we recommend playing with caution or choosing alternative games for family road trips.

4. Do I need any special equipment to play these games?

No, these games do not require any special equipment. They are designed to be played with items that are commonly found in cars, such as paper and pens. This makes them easy to set up and play on the go.

5. Can these games be played with just two people?

While some games may require more players, most of the games in this set can be played with just two people. This makes them perfect for couples or smaller groups traveling together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
pckrissy