1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Organizing show paperwork

1. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Hello! After I do a show I keep any and everything pertaining to that show including the host's guest list, guest order forms, show summary report, etc. in a manilla envelope. This way if I need to refer back to something for a particuliar show all I have to do is pull the envelope that I need. Sometimes I wonder if there is an easier or better way of keeping show materials. What does everyone else do to keep things organized? Thank you!

Jun 26, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't keep anything after the show has been received and I know everything is okay with the order. I have the order in P3 and I keep the doorprize slips for anyone who marked that they wanted something. I do have a file in my cabinet that has everyone's guest list but I don't keep anything else.

Jun 26, 2009
  3. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

after 30 days all is ok I ditch, everything is kept on PP

Jun 26, 2009
  4. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

I keep the address list in my computer in the label format so that I never have to type their info again! Plus, I will keep a hard copy in a folder along with the host info and that's it!

Jun 26, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I keep a copy of all receipts from the Show so I have them if someone needs something replaced. I do combine orders sometimes if it is not a $25 or more order to save on their shipping for them so the P3 orders are not always from one person. I don't keep anything else hard-copy.

Jun 27, 2009
  6. jbondr

jbondr Member Gold Member

I keep everything related to that show in a folder labeled by phone number. I have found this useful when I include the handwritten orders from the host or my notes. I recycle the previous show folders for my regular hosts.

Jun 27, 2009
  7. jbondr

jbondr Member Gold Member

Oops! It must be early. I don't label the manilla folders by phone number but label them by show number.

Jun 27, 2009
  8. Jilleysue

Jilleysue Veteran Member Silver Member

Sometimes keeping everything is overkill and you really will need nothing more than what is in PP. Too much paper will have most businesses in any size very disorganized. For some its hard to discard that paper, but doing it will keep you so much more organized.

Jul 6, 2009
  9. Keeping stuff in PP is wonderful, as long as your computer doesn't crash like mine did. :cry: I lost all contact info, etc. I now keep a copy of all guests' receipts in a folder with the Host's name on it.

10. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I back up my PP to an external hard drive at least once a month, more often if I am doing more than one show every week or two (which is my norm right now) and then I do have it on a memory stick so I can transfer it between my home pc and my laptop for when I am going on a short trip to visit family - which is about every three months or so. I figure there is no way that all four things, home pc, laptop, external hard drive, and memory stick will all go at one time!

Jul 6, 2009
Have something to add?