• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing a Catalog Show on Vacation: Experiences and Tips

In summary, Becky is asking if it is wise to make a catalog show while on vacation, as she will be mostly in Canada. She advises not to take work with you and to enjoy the vacation.
sodapple09
So we are off for vacations at the end of the month, do you guys think I can make a catalog show with the hotel crew? like get someone to collect oreder and have fun? have you ever done something like this? and if you did how did it turn out?

DH and I have a rule....I don't take my work with me, and he leaves his pager at home when we are on vacation. It's totally family time - NO WORK ALLOWED!

I say go ahead and ask them. They can't tell you "YES" or "NO" unless you do! LOL

We just returned home from a vacation in Minnesota and I took catelogs with and also left some business cards with waitresses. I got orders from relatives and am now able to write off the whole trip. I definitely ask.:)

I was just wondering the same thing. How I can do a bit of work while on vacation. We are road tripping, so I can leave the cards and catalogs along the way, but then we'll be in Canada, so harder to do, with the whole international border thing and all... I am tempted to leave my catalog tote bag and take a pretty purse instead. Is that foolish? I mean, I"ll be mostly in Canada, so its not like I can attract shows and things....

Sometimes -it is OK to leave business at home and enjoy your vacation. :D
IMHO of course.

we are off to the beach at 6:00 am on Saturday mornin for 7 days!!!

I'll be leaving this thrusday and i'll defenetly wil give it a try to make a catalog show out of it, who knows, the worst they can say is no =-D

ChefBeckyD said:
DH and I have a rule....I don't take my work with me, and he leaves his pager at home when we are on vacation. It's totally family time - NO WORK ALLOWED!

I'm with you Becky! No work allowed!!! That's why I never give out my cell number to customers or hosts... We were on a romantic anniversary weekend right after I first started and got a Pampered Chef call, I was not happy and neither was DH... it happened to be a friend that had hosted a show so she already had my cell, but that told me not to give it out as a business number. You have to have time just for family and you (vacation) time!

1. How can I organize a catalog show on vacation?

Organizing a catalog show on vacation is easy and convenient. Simply bring along a few catalogs, order forms, and a few sample products with you on your trip. You can then show them to friends and family while on vacation and take orders from interested customers.

2. What are some tips for successfully organizing a catalog show on vacation?

Some tips for organizing a successful catalog show on vacation include bringing a variety of products to show, offering special discounts or promotions for vacation orders, and utilizing social media to reach out to potential customers.

3. Can I still earn host rewards for a catalog show on vacation?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for a catalog show on vacation. Simply have your hostess collect orders from friends and family while on vacation and submit them to you upon your return. You can then enter the orders and calculate the hostess rewards as you would for a regular show.

4. How do I handle payments for orders taken during a catalog show on vacation?

You can handle payments for orders taken during a catalog show on vacation in a few different ways. You can collect payment in person while on vacation, have customers pay online or via phone, or collect payment upon your return. Be sure to communicate your preferred method of payment to your customers beforehand.

5. Are there any restrictions or guidelines for organizing a catalog show on vacation?

There are no specific restrictions or guidelines for organizing a catalog show on vacation, however, it's important to communicate with your customers about shipping times and any potential delays due to being away on vacation. You should also make sure you have all necessary materials and information with you during your trip to make the ordering process as smooth as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julmarsala
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies