• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organize Your Show Schedule: A Plan for Busy Performers

In summary, Wadesgirl is realizing that she needs to become more organized if her show schedule is going to stay the way it has been lately. She has 10 shows this month, and had 6 and 8 the months before, but usually does between 3-5. She has a binder with a calendar in it, dividers for projects, goals, and schedule, labels, and stamps. She also has a section for replacements and adjustments.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I am realizing that if my show schedule is going to stay the way it has been lately that I need to become more organized! I have 10 shows this month, and had 6 and 8 the months before. I usually do between 3-5! A clustermate showed me a great idea she does with a to-do list. She has her calendar in a binder with the daily to-do lists behind it. It has spots for "Phone Calls", "Email", "Errands", "Goals", etc. I thought of expanding this idea to include other things that would help my business and this would be the binder I take every where with me.

I was thinking of having my calendar in the binder with dividers behind it. The dividers would be:
Host Check sheets (these are currently in my calendar but it's falling apart)
To-Do list
Messages (Phone messages as sometimes I check my messages at work and then forget to call people back!)
Adjustments

Anyone do anything similar to this or does it sound like too much work? Any other ideas to add?

Working full time and doing this business full time is going to take some juggling but I'm totally up for it!

I do this and it has really helped me out. I have the monthly specials in there as well.

I hear ya, wadesgirl, about doing PC FT besides another job!! My November is my busiest month ever in my 2 years doing PC. Not sure how it'll turn out, but I can assess at the end if I want to be that busy. I guess if I'm well organized, it will be fine.

Sounds like your binder is shaping up well.

Me, I use plannerpad to keep my to do lists and have folders from Belinda Ellsworth's Power Hour (host coaching, booking lead calls, recruiting lead calls and customer care calls). My planner from PC is all torn apart, so I put it away for now. When I get my new one, I will take it to shows to help in booking shows and will keep my mileage/expense records in it.

In my binder (I use the black padded PC one) I have a few months of my calendar, and dividers for projects, goals, schedule, house tasks (I actually use PostIt tabs as dividers - stuck on first page of each section, so I don't waste ring space on dividers). I also have some page protectors to keep labels, stamps, a catalogue and other little things I need.

My binder usually gets "stuffed" with papers and I have to go through it once a week or so to do a clean up!! :eek:

Ooh, I like the though tof keeping labels on me. I always run into some time when I need my labels and they are at home!

I agree with you. November is my 2nd year in this business. I have picked up so much business this year that I'm loosing it slightly. I forgot to host coach last night for a catalog show when we talked over email, I told her I would do it last night. I went to bed remembering that I didn't do it.

wadesgirl said:
Ooh, I like the though tof keeping labels on me. I always run into some time when I need my labels and they are at home!

I agree with you. November is my 2nd year in this business. I have picked up so much business this year that I'm loosing it slightly. I forgot to host coach last night for a catalog show when we talked over email, I told her I would do it last night. I went to bed remembering that I didn't do it.

Don't you hate it when you forget to do something you said you would?? That's why I need to really crack down and make sure I have good, up to date to do lists!! I am getting better at it....slowly! :eek:

My binder is all in my head right now. I just need to take one evening and just put it together. That way I'll be more organized now. If I wait until my business slows down I may never get it done!

That's the time to do it - when you're busy!! Have fun with it. I always like doing that stuff. Wish I could come over and help you out! :D

I just started doing this to organize my biz. I also have a tab/section for Replacements/Adjustments to keep track! I have been doing TONS of replacements lately ??? :(

So, wadesgirl, how are you getting along with your binder?

PChefPEI said:
So, wadesgirl, how are you getting along with your binder?

I've been thinking about it more! That's about it. I need some time to sit down and come up with a couple template pages to use. I'll post what I have when it's all done.

Just wondering how your organizing is going? I'm trying to get a fresh start in 2009 with my planner and things like that. Any tips would be great!!

Crap, not yet! It was supposed to be a project to start in December while I had some downtime. Thanks for reminding me.

Sorry! I was just curious. I'm a big procrastinator sometimes. I have a lot of great ideas but finding the time to do them is another thing. Just curious but it your cat in the avatar a Russian Blue?

emo812 said:
Sorry! I was just curious. I'm a big procrastinator sometimes. I have a lot of great ideas but finding the time to do them is another thing. Just curious but it your cat in the avatar a Russian Blue?
Don't worry, I basically forgot about it! I really wanted to start out the new year with it so it was a great reminder.

He's just a mutt, domestic short hair. Picked him up at the ARL. He's my baby.

Oh he looks a lot like my cat...I got mine at the Humane Society...he's my baby too!! Good luck. It's -5 here so I'm cooking and getting my pc stuff organized...at least trying to!! Have a good holiday!!

Thanks for the ideas! I need to get organized this year so that I can build my business and know where I stand.
I was thinking of taking my planner apart and putting it in a binder (tabbed by month) with host/guest specials, host info, and consultant specials behind the appropriate month. Then a section for other notes, home/family stuff, and now I'll add an adjustment section. Never thought about the stickies for tabs - might use that one.

I have a BRIGHT GREEN notebook that I use for my Business Binder. My kids call it my PC Bible, LOL. In the front clear sleeve on the cover I have the current host special for the month. In the inside pocket on the cover I have a current catalog. In addition it has:

1) calendar--I don't use the PC one, I use the Daytimers one that is 2 sheets per month with a divider tab for each month. I got tired of "thumb thumb thumb" through the calendar to get to the right month.

2) Additional Monthly tabs behind the calendar--in each month I have a hostess sheet for each host with: Name, address, check marks for hostess coaching calls, a place to write down the menu for the evening, and a place to write special instructions for each show (like "remember to bring....", etc). Each host gets one of these. If I need to I write directions to their home I can do it here too, (but usually I mapquest the directions to their home and keep it in the file so I have a record of the mileage when I drive to a show.). This is just a form I made up in Word and print from my computer--one page per host.

3) a clear sheet protector in the front with the current guest special
4) a clear sheet protector also in the front with the replacement parts list--I always seem to get asked at a show about replacement parts
5) a clear sheet protector in the front with back to back host specials for the next two months--for example in December I had January and Feb host specials

In the very front I also have one of those zipper pocket thingy's with extra pens and stuff.

The whole thing fits in a 1 1/2 inch binder and it is bright green so I never lose it.

It's worked for me for 8 years--although I have replaced the notebook a couple of times. But the system works great!

I would love to work on my binder but I have lost my USB drive that has all my stuff on it!

I would love to work on my binder but I have lost my USB drive that has all my stuff on it!

Oh man, that is horrible. I bought myself this really tacky looking thing at office depot--it is supposed to be cute looks like a cartoon character. Anyway, I put all my PC stuff on that so it wouldn't get lost or confused with anyone else's --we have 4 people and 6 computers in this house (disgusting, isn't it?)

Nanisu said:

Oh man, that is horrible. I bought myself this really tacky looking thing at office depot--it is supposed to be cute looks like a cartoon character. Anyway, I put all my PC stuff on that so it wouldn't get lost or confused with anyone else's --we have 4 people and 6 computers in this house (disgusting, isn't it?)

I know, I haven't been able to find it for 2 weeks now. :(

Nanisu -
Thanks for your input. I really like your idea. I'm going to work on mine tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks! Happy New Year everyone! Here's to an organized and PAMPERED New Year in 2009?

I finally found my USB storage drive!!! It was hiding under our couch, I think the cat chased it under there! I can finally get my planner going on! I'll let you know as soon as I get it done.

Nanisu said:
I have a BRIGHT GREEN notebook that I use for my Business Binder. My kids call it my PC Bible, LOL. In the front clear sleeve on the cover I have the current host special for the month. In the inside pocket on the cover I have a current catalog. In addition it has:

1) calendar--I don't use the PC one, I use the Daytimers one that is 2 sheets per month with a divider tab for each month. I got tired of "thumb thumb thumb" through the calendar to get to the right month.

2) Additional Monthly tabs behind the calendar--in each month I have a hostess sheet for each host with: Name, address, check marks for hostess coaching calls, a place to write down the menu for the evening, and a place to write special instructions for each show (like "remember to bring....", etc). Each host gets one of these. If I need to I write directions to their home I can do it here too, (but usually I mapquest the directions to their home and keep it in the file so I have a record of the mileage when I drive to a show.). This is just a form I made up in Word and print from my computer--one page per host.

3) a clear sheet protector in the front with the current guest special
4) a clear sheet protector also in the front with the replacement parts list--I always seem to get asked at a show about replacement parts
5) a clear sheet protector in the front with back to back host specials for the next two months--for example in December I had January and Feb host specials

In the very front I also have one of those zipper pocket thingy's with extra pens and stuff.

The whole thing fits in a 1 1/2 inch binder and it is bright green so I never lose it.

It's worked for me for 8 years--although I have replaced the notebook a couple of times. But the system works great!
Just curious but you have a notebook inside the binder or you just use the binder.

1. How can I effectively manage my show schedule while also staying organized?

One way to effectively manage your show schedule is to create a plan and stick to it. This can include setting specific days and times for booking shows, following up with potential hosts, and keeping track of your bookings on a calendar or spreadsheet.

2. What are some tools or resources that can help me organize my show schedule?

There are many tools and resources available to help you organize your show schedule, such as online calendars, scheduling software, and apps specifically designed for performers. You can also use physical tools like a planner or notebook to keep track of your bookings and important show details.

3. How far in advance should I book my shows?

It is recommended to book your shows at least 3-4 weeks in advance to allow enough time to plan and prepare for the event. However, it ultimately depends on your personal schedule and availability. If you have a busy schedule, it may be beneficial to book shows even further in advance.

4. What should I do if I have double-booked myself for shows?

If you accidentally double-book yourself for shows, it is important to remain calm and prioritize your commitments. Reach out to both hosts and explain the situation, and see if it is possible to reschedule one of the shows. If not, consider finding a colleague or fellow performer who can cover one of the shows for you.

5. How can I effectively communicate with hosts and potential hosts about my availability for shows?

Communication is key when it comes to managing your show schedule. Clearly communicate your availability to hosts and potential hosts, and make sure to respond promptly to any inquiries or requests. It may also be helpful to set up a system for keeping track of your communication with hosts, such as a separate folder in your email or a spreadsheet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • chefdeb410
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Rossana