• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Oreo Truffle Recipe? Ask Here!

I just pop them out and start dipping!I have never tried using a spoon to dip the balls. Thanks for the input!
sheilanyc
Hi! I wanted to know if anyone had the recipe for Oreo Truffles?

Thanks,
Sheila :)

Truffle RecipeHere's the recipe. They need to be done before a show because of the freezing time. Also, anyone who know how to neatly dip the balls in the chocolate I would love to hear your tip. I just do half the ball since it gets to messy otherwise...BEE

Oreo Truffle Balls

Chocolate or Vanilla Baking Bark
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. Oreo Cookies

Melt chocolate in double boiler. Add solid vegetable shortening, ½ teaspoon at a time as needed to make the mixture smooth. (Do not add liquid oil or water to chocolate or it will clump.) Chop the entire package of Oreo cookies with the Food Chopper. Mix with cream cheese. Scoop out balls of mixture using the Small Scoop. Place in freezer until firm (30 minutes to 1 hour) .Dip in melted chocolate, one at a time, and place on parchment paper or wax paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Other tips: I like the white chocolate ones best. Plus you can drizzle some dark chocolate over them to make creative designs. For the holidays, you can use food coloring in the white chocolate. Easy and fun!!

Attachments

• OreoTruffleBalls.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 527
Thanks for the recipe! Have you ever tried using a spoon to dip the balls? It might be less messy.

Sheila

beepampered said:
Here's the recipe. They need to be done before a show because of the freezing time. Also, anyone who know how to neatly dip the balls in the chocolate I would love to hear your tip. I just do half the ball since it gets to messy otherwise...
Have you used the tool that comes with the double boiler to do the dipping? That helps me be less messy.

I have found that using the scoop like you suggest makes it much neater to make cookies and candies but I get much less on my fingers to taste (I never do that at shows!! :eek: ) and my hands don't get so dry from washing them all the time. The good thing is I end up with more cookies. :p

And thanks for the recipe, by the way!

Does anyone know how many truffles this recipe makes? Also, can the truffles be dipped in chocolate melted in the microwave? I don't have the Double Boiler. Thanks!

I used tongs to dip these at Christmas and it worked great. I'm sure it would work with the chocolate melted in the microwave as long as the choc is melted really well. It has to be pretty thin. I always add a little paraffin wax to chocolate when I am making candy (you can get it with the canning supplies at the grocery store). Candy makers use it. It makes the chocolate a little smoother and thinner and keeps it from melting if you keep the candy out.
These are messy to make - here is what I do. Put the oreos in a gallon ziploc freezer bag (they are thicker) and crush by poundiing with the flat side of the meat tenderizer, or roll with bakers roller. Add the soften cream cheese, zip up and smish with your hands over and over and over! No messy hands! Then I got them out with the scoop and rolled. Your hand still end up messy but at least you don't have to squish them! Worked great.

How many Truffles does the recipe make?

Also, are they messy to eat? I'm planning to make these for a party on Saturday night. If I keep them refrigerated and then put them out on a plate for people, will they melt or get all over the person's hands?

Thanks for any input!

Beth in PA

I usually get ALOT (40+ never did count them)!! I make smaller little balls (small scoop), and then freeze them. They will keep along time (that is if they aren't eaten :) ) From my experience they have not melted and are not messy. Now, I haven't ever had them sitting outside or anything. I highly recommend these. They are awesome!!!

Is this a Pampered Chef recipe?Where is this recipe found?

Thanks,

Beth in PA

I have done something like the oreo truffles before and I just used a long tooth pick to dip the balls into chocolate. I insert the tooth pick and dip - just depends if I pull them out or not. Sometimes I leave them in for my guest to pick them up with especially if the tooth pick are decorative. I will freeze the insert from the chillzanne rectangle serve. and then when I am ready to dip them I put then directly on the frozen chillzanne lined with parchment paper of crouse. and I have never had a problem with being too messy.

ChefBeth2 said:
Where is this recipe found?

Thanks,

Beth in PA

I don't think this is an "official" PC recipe - but it has been making the rounds on loops since I started w/ PC.
During the Fall/Winter months I offer them as a gift when the host has 15 or more guests - I bring them as a treat for everyone. (I just keep some in the freezer all the time - ready to dip when I need them) A variation I really like - use the Mint Oreos, and add a drop of mint flavoring to the mix and use dark chocolate to coat them.....everyone thinks they are yummy & festive!

sheilanyc said:
Thanks for the recipe! Have you ever tried using a spoon to dip the balls? It might be less messy.

Sheila

I have used a regular tablespoon to coat them and remove them. It works ok and gets the job done. The trick I learned is to let the chocolate cool just a bit before the dipping commences.

The ones that have been the biggest hit with me are the Cool Mint double stuff dipped in white chocolate.

I tried the peanut butter double stuffs and they weren't that great.

My partner suggested to me that I should try the new Uh Oh's (the Vanilla cookie with the cream filling). That will be the next experiment.

I melt the chocolate in the micro and it works great. I use a bag of either white or milk chocolate chips and add crisco to thin it out a little. I have never frozen mine before dipping either. I have the best results with a tablespoon and a fork. I let the truffle sit on the fork over the bowl for a moment before I transfer it to wax or parchment paper.

1. Can I find the Oreo Truffle recipe on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can find the Oreo Truffle recipe on the Pampered Chef website under the "Recipes" section. Simply search for "Oreo Truffle" in the search bar and the recipe will appear.

2. How long does it take to make Oreo Truffles?

The total time for making Oreo Truffles is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. This includes time for preparation, chilling, and dipping the truffles in chocolate.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate for the Oreo Truffle recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the Oreo Truffle recipe. However, for best results, we recommend using high-quality chocolate that is specifically meant for melting and dipping.

4. Can I make Oreo Truffles in advance?

Yes, Oreo Truffles can be made in advance. Simply store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.

5. Can I add any other ingredients to the Oreo Truffle recipe?

While the classic Oreo Truffle recipe only calls for Oreo cookies and cream cheese, you can definitely get creative and add other ingredients like chopped nuts, sprinkles, or even a layer of peanut butter. Just be sure to adjust the ratios accordingly for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tiffanypc05
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • missyciccolella