• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oreo Truffles - What Size Box and Cream Cheese Do I Need?

In summary, the larger or the smaller? The 8 oz package of cream cheese or the smaller square 4 oz?The larger oreos.
kcjodih
Gold Member
of oreos, the larger or the smaller? Also is it the 8 oz package of cream cheese or the smaller square 4 oz?

Thanks all!

regular size box of double stuff oreos. 8 oz cream cheese

Where can I find the recipe for these Oreo Truffles? You guys have me curious as to what they are exactly. :D

Search Oreo and you should find a thread about truffles

In fact - if you look at the bottom of the page, you'll find several.

What's really funny is that a few years back, Jodi posted the same question!:D

(It's okay, Jodi - I laugh because I've done the same thing!)

Ha! Becky, I did just that and read up on that thread. It was fun reading. :D Then I came back and saw what you just wrote. How funny! I got a kick out of how you had gone to the store and forgot to buy the oreos, too. That is SO something I would do! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
In fact - if you look at the bottom of the page, you'll find several.

What's really funny is that a few years back, Jodi posted the same question!:D

(It's okay, Jodi - I laugh because I've done the same thing!)

:D OMG....that's just nuts :rolleyes:;):D:blushing:

Okay it's now official....I'm losing my flippin' mind LOL :eek::D:D

Thanks all. 51 oreos, one block cream cheese, chocolate for dipping ... hopefully I remember NEXT year...can't guarantee 3 years from now as you can see from my question in 2006 :D

One question...these need to be refrigerated due to the cream cheese, correct?

I refrigerate or freeze them....

I made these a few weeks ago and these are the best things EVER!!! I only used the regular oreos as I thought that is what I was supposed to use. They were great! I can only imagine how great they would be with the double stuff ones! I stuck mine in fridge and kept munching on them. Yummy! I even bought stuff tonight to make more today!

we have been making these for probably 15 years way before flavored oreos came out
we only use flavored ones and never refrigerate them havent made anyone sick yet.... never occured to me to keep them cold DUH!!

1. What size box of Oreos do I need for the truffles?

To make Oreo truffles, you will need one regular-sized package of Oreos, which typically contains about 36 cookies.

2. Can I use Double Stuf Oreos for the truffles?

Yes, you can use Double Stuf Oreos for the truffle recipe. However, keep in mind that the truffles may have a slightly softer texture due to the extra filling in the cookies.

3. How many truffles does one box of Oreos make?

One box of Oreos typically makes about 24-30 truffles, depending on the size of your truffles. If you are making larger truffles, you may end up with fewer overall.

4. Can I use gluten-free Oreos for the truffle recipe?

Yes, you can use gluten-free Oreos for the truffles. Just make sure to double check the ingredient list to ensure that all of the ingredients are safe for your dietary needs.

5. How long do Oreo truffles last?

Oreo truffles can last for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiffanypc05
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies