• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oreo Truffle

Mar 2, 2006
Have a question, does anyone have an idea on how long these are good for in the fridge? I made some, thinking my husband would take some with him to work (gone all week) but he didn't, so I wonder how long these should be good for, before I throw them out.. They are soooo good, but sooo rich.. can't eat but one at a time.. :) Thank you..

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
If you are talking about the crunched up oreos and cream cheese dipped in chocolate, they'd last for weeks in the fridge.

HTH,

Lisa

pchef2006

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2006
Here's the recipe for the Oreo Bites ~
1 pkg. of Oreos
1 (8oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese
1 pkg. Baker's Chocolate
1 pkg. Dark Chocolate Morsels
-Crunch all the oreos into fine crumbs - set aside in bowl
-Using mixer - soften cream cheese
-Add oreos slowly on low mixer speed until dough forms
-Roll into balls and freeze overnight
-Melt chocolate; roll into chocolate and let set.
Enjoy!:)

Jan 4, 2006
another idea

I made these at Christmas time with mint oreos and then dipped them in the mint white chocolate (tinted green with food coloring) and they were SOOO good. All the neighbors that I gave them to raved about them!!!:p

Mar 2, 2006
thank you so much, I was afraid after a few days, I'd have to throw them out.. I made them on Sunday. I was so glad to find the recipe on this site.. I had tried them only once, and that was my friend's P.C. party (in which I booked & signed from) in Nov of 02?? I think. Hard to remember.. Anyway.. I will put some in the freezer with the profiterole puffs, and let them keep.. Thanks so much!!! Gosh this site is amazing

tiffanypc05

Advanced Member
Nov 3, 2005
they are soooo goood

I seen the recipe yesterday and had to make it today. They are so good. I couldn't use the whole package of oreos though. I liked it before they were dipped in chocolate too....are they better kept in the freezer or in the fridge

Jan 19, 2006
They're fine either way. I've kept some in the freezer for 2 months, and they tasted as good as ever. Even my MIL tried some after that long, and she was hooked. She'll compliment anything you make, so the real test is how much she'll eat... and I had to put a big "DO NOT EAT" on the supply I'd made for my shows. ;)

Mar 2, 2006
ok, is it just me, or when the site was changed (when we paid) did the button to start a new thread dissapear.. Or am i just so tired that I cannot find it?

Jan 19, 2006
Stacey -- yes! I've done that with food coloring in the white for Halloween. Worked well, though I'm more partial to dark chocolate. Either way, it was a success with the guests at the shows during that time frame, as well as with family.

jody

Novice Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2005
In a book?

Hi all, I've made these a couple of times and brought them to a Stamp Club party I am a member of. Well, I ended up getting a booking just because a co-member loved these so much. I'm wondering if there's a recipe for them in one of the PC cookbooks? I'd like to give out recipe cards and tell where I found it (meaning that I'd like to refer to a PC cookbook) if possible.

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
Would it work to pipe these out into little rosettes using the EAD? Then maybe drizzle chocolate on top? That'd be really pretty to do them up for a gift and put some in a tin or something, maybe at Christmas time :) Also, has anyone else tried it with different cookies/other variations? My husband isn't fond of oreos... TIA

Mar 2, 2006
Oh that is such a good idea, although the oreo mixture is really thick so I don't know if it would work in the EAD. Would love to see though. I may just have to try that.. I wasn't planning on doing them until next week, so if anyone does them, please let us know how it turns out. Could possible even use white (tinted pink of course) choc.. so many possiblies.