• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Will Homemade Treats Stay Good in the Fridge?

In summary, these are good for a few days in the fridge, but they're so rich that you can't eat them straight. They also freeze well.
maryhenderlite
Have a question, does anyone have an idea on how long these are good for in the fridge? I made some, thinking my husband would take some with him to work (gone all week) but he didn't, so I wonder how long these should be good for, before I throw them out.. They are soooo good, but sooo rich.. can't eat but one at a time.. :) Thank you..

If you are talking about the crunched up oreos and cream cheese dipped in chocolate, they'd last for weeks in the fridge.

HTH,

Lisa

They also freeze well!

Oooooh, I NEEEEEEEEED this recipe!! Is it in one of our cookbooks?

Me 22222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Here's the recipe for the Oreo Bites ~
1 pkg. of Oreos
1 (8oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese
1 pkg. Baker's Chocolate
1 pkg. Dark Chocolate Morsels
-Crunch all the oreos into fine crumbs - set aside in bowl
-Using mixer - soften cream cheese
-Add oreos slowly on low mixer speed until dough forms
-Roll into balls and freeze overnight
-Melt chocolate; roll into chocolate and let set.
Enjoy!:)

another ideaI made these at Christmas time with mint oreos and then dipped them in the mint white chocolate (tinted green with food coloring) and they were SOOO good. All the neighbors that I gave them to raved about them!!!:p

thank you so much, I was afraid after a few days, I'd have to throw them out.. I made them on Sunday. I was so glad to find the recipe on this site.. I had tried them only once, and that was my friend's P.C. party (in which I booked & signed from) in Nov of 02?? I think. Hard to remember.. Anyway.. I will put some in the freezer with the profiterole puffs, and let them keep.. Thanks so much!!! Gosh this site is amazing

they are soooo gooodI seen the recipe yesterday and had to make it today. They are so good. I couldn't use the whole package of oreos though. I liked it before they were dipped in chocolate too....are they better kept in the freezer or in the fridge

They're fine either way. I've kept some in the freezer for 2 months, and they tasted as good as ever. Even my MIL tried some after that long, and she was hooked. She'll compliment anything you make, so the real test is how much she'll eat... and I had to put a big "DO NOT EAT" on the supply I'd made for my shows. ;)

ok, is it just me, or when the site was changed (when we paid) did the button to start a new thread dissapear.. Or am i just so tired that I cannot find it?

Has anyone make them with white choc cause i wanted to see if they would be good that way too. Please let me know
Stacey

Stacey -- yes! I've done that with food coloring in the white for Halloween. Worked well, though I'm more partial to dark chocolate. Either way, it was a success with the guests at the shows during that time frame, as well as with family.

In a book?Hi all, I've made these a couple of times and brought them to a Stamp Club party I am a member of. Well, I ended up getting a booking just because a co-member loved these so much. I'm wondering if there's a recipe for them in one of the PC cookbooks? I'd like to give out recipe cards and tell where I found it (meaning that I'd like to refer to a PC cookbook) if possible.

Would it work to pipe these out into little rosettes using the EAD? Then maybe drizzle chocolate on top? That'd be really pretty to do them up for a gift and put some in a tin or something, maybe at Christmas time :) Also, has anyone else tried it with different cookies/other variations? My husband isn't fond of oreos... TIA

Oh that is such a good idea, although the oreo mixture is really thick so I don't know if it would work in the EAD. Would love to see though. I may just have to try that.. I wasn't planning on doing them until next week, so if anyone does them, please let us know how it turns out. Could possible even use white (tinted pink of course) choc.. so many possiblies.

1. How long will homemade treats stay good in the fridge?

Homemade treats can typically last in the fridge for 3-4 days. It is important to store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.

2. Can I freeze homemade treats to make them last longer?

Yes, homemade treats can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or store them in a freezer-safe container before freezing.

3. How can I tell if my homemade treats have gone bad?

If your homemade treats have developed an off smell or appearance, it is best to discard them. Also, if they have been in the fridge for longer than 4 days, it is recommended to throw them out to avoid any potential foodborne illnesses.

4. Can I store different types of homemade treats together in the same container?

It is not recommended to store different types of homemade treats together in the same container. The flavors and textures may mix and affect the overall taste of the treats.

5. How should I store homemade treats in the fridge?

Homemade treats should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap before placing them in the fridge. This will help prevent them from drying out or absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies