1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Oreo cake in DCB

1. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

I am thinking about doing this for a show next Friday. Any tips? Do you bake with lid on or off? Do you spread the icing first or just scoop on top?

Mar 28, 2009
  2. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

OMG Please please please do this BEFORE YOUR SHOW! I did it last weekend (not for a show) and it was a mess!!! I baked it with the lid off, scooped icing on top, and it was so sad. Nothing but liquid on the bottom (melted icing).

I will be anxious to see the tips you get, but I repeat....TRY BEFORE YOUR SHOW!!!

Mar 28, 2009
  3. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

Thanks for your input. I thought I had heard someone else say that on here too, so I was hoping to hear from the ones that had success with it. Maybe one trick is to leave lid on? Hope we get a reply.....

Mar 29, 2009
  4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I left the lid on and mine was a nasty mess too!

Mar 29, 2009
  5. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

not sounding good....wonder how the ones that had success done it?

Mar 30, 2009
  6. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I dunno, but I'd really like to know...

Mar 30, 2009
  7. praephil

praephil Novice Member Gold Member

I did a practice one last night with the lid on and it came out runny on the bottom too. It tasted fine, but looked terrible.

Mar 30, 2009
  8. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Where is this recipe? I'd love to give it a try but it doesn't sound like something I would want to do at a show.

Mar 30, 2009
  9. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

chocolate cake with regular ingredients added, whisk together and put in DCB. Scoup Vanilla frosting on top cook 12 min in microwave.

Mar 31, 2009
Have something to add?