• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Tips for Next Friday's Show: Lid On or Off? Icing First or Last?

In summary, the lid should be on or off while baking depending on the desired outcome. The icing should be added after the baked goods have cooled, and it is not recommended to add it before baking. Toppings should be added before baking to allow them to adhere to the batter or dough. It is not recommended to remove the lid during the baking process as it can affect the final result.
PamperedSheep
I am thinking about doing this for a show next Friday. Any tips? Do you bake with lid on or off? Do you spread the icing first or just scoop on top?

OMG Please please please do this BEFORE YOUR SHOW! I did it last weekend (not for a show) and it was a mess!!! I baked it with the lid off, scooped icing on top, and it was so sad. Nothing but liquid on the bottom (melted icing). I will be anxious to see the tips you get, but I repeat....TRY BEFORE YOUR SHOW!!!

Thanks for your input. I thought I had heard someone else say that on here too, so I was hoping to hear from the ones that had success with it. Maybe one trick is to leave lid on? Hope we get a reply.....

I left the lid on and mine was a nasty mess too!

not sounding good....wonder how the ones that had success done it?

I dunno, but I'd really like to know...

I did a practice one last night with the lid on and it came out runny on the bottom too. It tasted fine, but looked terrible.

Where is this recipe? I'd love to give it a try but it doesn't sound like something I would want to do at a show.

chocolate cake with regular ingredients added, whisk together and put in DCB. Scoup Vanilla frosting on top cook 12 min in microwave.

1. Should the lid be on or off while baking?

It depends on the recipe. If the recipe calls for a crispy or golden brown top, it is best to leave the lid off. However, if the recipe requires a moist or tender top, it is recommended to keep the lid on.

2. When should I add the icing?

The general rule of thumb is to add the icing after the baked goods have completely cooled. This allows the icing to set and prevents it from melting or sliding off.

3. Can I add the icing before baking?

It is not recommended to add icing before baking as it can melt and change the texture of the baked goods. It is best to wait until after the baking process to add the icing.

4. What if I want to add toppings to my baked goods?

If you want to add toppings, such as nuts or sprinkles, it is best to add them before baking. This allows them to adhere to the batter or dough and become a part of the baked goods.

5. Is it okay to remove the lid during the baking process?

It is not recommended to remove the lid during the baking process as it can cause fluctuations in temperature and affect the final result of the baked goods. It is best to keep the lid on until the baking time is complete.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
keynibear
Replies
Views
Admin Greg