• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oreo Bites

cookinthehouse

Silver Member
Jan 16, 2005
just had an idea wanted to run it by you all...
the oreo bites... what if instead of dipping in chocolate to coat... you dipped in pink chocolate and displayed in the pink SA... for MAY??

Let me know what you think?
I am going to make this weekend either way

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
white chocolate

I made some; dipped them in white chocolate and then died the "extra" white chocolate pink and put dots on top. Placed them on the saucers for a moms event and got a May booking cause they wanted the host benefit.

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
Can you all explain how you do this? Do you dip the entire oreo into the chocolate or just half? Sorry...I've never made anything dipped in chocolate so I'm NEW to that. :)

Also, how do you store them once you make them? Can you make a big batch and store it in the freezer/fridge until you need them? If so, for how long??? I'm thinking about adapting this for the different seasons/holidays. White w/pink for May, red/white/blue for June/July, etc.

TIA

cookinthehouse

Silver Member
Jan 16, 2005
ok i made them last night... the pink chocolate looks lumpy, the dark works the best... it was very messy making.. maybe i did it wrong... my husband said they had a sour taste to them and asked if it was sour cream... i said no cream cheese.. brand new... i thought they were yummy

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
tips

Okay, this is how I do it but I am no chef.

Make sure cream cheese has been sitting out for at least an hour or microwave for 20 seconds or so to make very soft.

Make very fine oreo bits with food chopper

With HANDS (messy!), mix together cream cheese and oreos - if feels like messy playdough

With small scoop, make balls (mine aren't completely round - they have a flat bottom). The scoop gets sticky after a while although I'm sure hot water or nonstick spray might help - haven't tried

Place in freezer while you melt the chocolate and cool

Dip rounded part of ball in chocolate - this is only 3/4 of ball. I don't worry about the bottom and no one has complained yet

I do mint oreos and white chocolate and get RAVES about it.

Yes, you could make them ahead of time and serve them at various shows but they wouldn't make it in my house. They're so small that I'd pull "just one" out several times a day until they would be gone sooner than they should. Very tempting and I don't even like oreos or cream cheese.

Good luck...BEE

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
I had no idea this is what you all were talking about...LOL! I thought you were just dipping oreos into melted chocolate. What a FOOL I am. :)