• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Orders Be Shipped Directly to Consultants for Easy Distribution?

I think it's a great idea to offer your hosts a courtesy. It's a way to pamper them and make them feel special. It's also a way to show your appreciation for them.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi, :rolleyes:
just starting my business(still waiting for my kit) and was wondering if any of you have the orders shipped to you- as a courtesy gesture to your hosts, put them together and drop them off with the host for her to distribute to friends? It would assure a happy host and also making sure they got the correct orders. (As I've been reading the orders have been with alot of mistakes lately, due to a new system was it?? )

Since I usd to be an Avon rep. I got kind of used to receiving the orders and putting them together. But this would be even easier because I wouldn't be delivering every single order, just one to the host..

any thoughts on this???

I DoUnless my host lives far away, I have the shows sent to my house. Just make sure in PP for the address you put the host's name, and then "c/o your name", and then your address.

HTH,
Diane

I too have items shipped to my house.The host love the fact that I pack their bags abd have them ready to delivery. I like the fact that I have the first peek to make sure everything is okay, make sure money has cleared bank, I am not rush to mail receipts to host and if I order something I get it quick.

Charlene

I think it's a very nice courtesy to offer your hosts. I have done it a little, but generally try not to any more. I stopped because as my calendar got more full, I was spending more time than necessary on parties that were done with and it was taking away from either family time or upcoming parties. I make the rest of the hosting so easy, most hosts don't mind sorting the orders. (It *is* pretty fun, the first half-dozen times!) When I thank them at the close of the show they almost always say that they didn't do anything. (Now, we all know that what they did was get their friends together and without that we'd be dead in the water!) But when I realized that for them this had been really really easy and really really fun, I decided to make two follow-up calls after the party instead of sorting and redelivering the products. The first call is to let them know their order shipped and when to expect it, and the second is made the day it arrives to see if anything was broken or missing. I take care of any of that and they feel like they've been completely pampered.

I agree with Wendy....if you have the time at first when you don't have a bunch of shows on your calendar, go for it! My schedule has gotten too hectic to provide this courtesy for my hosts. It is a nice courtesy. If it's a HUGE show, I'll offer to come over and help if they live close by. The beauty is you can do it however you'd like! :)

I agree w/ Becky & WendyI agree with both Becky & Wendy. I think it depends on the host & I usually ask them what they would like to do. I always describe "product arrival day" as "Christmas In October" or whenever! It's always fun to see what others bought from your show.

I have a host (who has done 4 shows for me!!!, one every year that I have known her) who is so busy, that she always asks me to buy her groceries for the recipes (and I do) & she pays me back...I mail out all of her invites (she sends me $$ for postage), & I have her shows shipped to my house, where I sort, bag, & box it all back up & deliver it to her house! All she has to do, is deliver them to her customers.

In fact, I just did this last night & 1 whole box was full of stuff just for her. She was so excited because the majority of her personal order was Christmas presents for family members, that she had earned for FREE! :)

Good IdeaI like that idea (i'm sure my husband will throw a fit-he calls demo shows "big box parties" :rolleyes: ) however I will leave the option up to the host. My last two host both told me how excited they were to look through what every one bought and think of putting together bags as "fun" ! Also, with the new pampered partner program, it is much easier to put the orders together, they seperate the guest's names and tell you what they ordered and which box they are in.
But, I really love that idea for the potential hosts who tell you they are
too busy to have a show!

I've enjoyed it.For the invitations, I've enjoyed seeing the guest list come in. I've started including a note & a self-addressed stamped envelope for the host to mail me her guest list or e-mail, which ever they prefer. (this way I know for a fact, that 40 invites get mailed out).

The shopping...I buy the ingred. so I know that I will have the right ingred. for the show.

The sorting...like you said, the PP generated reports are GREAT! I separated a show yesterday & did it in no time at all. I went through each customers' order, 2nd checked their receipt, and stapled the customer's order info on the outside of the bag, so that the host doesn't have to open the bags to see who's is who's. It's already on the outside of the bag. The smaller orders, I just rolled the bags down to where the stuff on the inside wouldn't fall out & stapled the bag shut with the order info on the outside.

I even included personal notes on the outside order summary. Highlighted my web-site address & penciled in "Shop anytime...24/7...even in your Pj's!"

I agree...pampered chef is very east=y to separate now. I think it was pretty easy even before the list of who ordered what is where...My director had a partylite party for a friend of hers as a favor and I told her I would separate it for her b/c she was going out of town when they arrived and I really wanted my candles. First of all, a box was missing...ups's fault...Then the packing list is outrageously confusing!!!! They put on the packing list the shippping # from the box and you would think that they would put them in order of box 1, 2, ect....nope!!! I had to figure it out for myself...it was like box 5 then 2 then 8 and so on. I wrote on the packing list what was what. Also, they don't give us any other reciepts but the ones given at the show so there are problems if your host loses the reciepts! And the bags they give you for the candles are so small, I was only able to use them for like 3 orders...they ordered just votives and tealights....They needed bags that were pampered chef size!!!! Well, I was supposed to host a show on the 15th for her, but I just don't have the time so I have changed to a catalog show and I completely dred the day that those things arrive...I spent like 3 hours sorting hers...I don't want to do that again! Their shipping time is a lot longer than us too...when they say 2-3 weeks...they mean it...when we say it, it turns to 5-7 business days!!! I don't think that I will ever agree to a partylite party again. They are fun and I will go to them, but I don't want to have one! Also, the booking benefits for the hostess is quirky...there are certain sets you earn, but they don't ship the sets until after all the shows have been held! You could be waiting a year to get your prize!!!!
Sorry, just had to share my story!

Thanks, I needed the laugh!Thanks for sharing! I just had to laugh after reading your partylite experience! Call me crazy, but I hate even considering other DSA parties!

If it's not Pampered Chef...I'm not interested! I'm not into make-up, candles, or storage containers! On a daily basis that lasts, if you "can't use it...lose it!" I say!

I'm a low-maintenance person, who's a mother of 4, so there goes the candles!!! Who has time for curling irons & lots of make-up? Not me!!! I'm lucky to get mascara, eye-shadow, & lip gloss on in the car en-route!!!!

My kitchen, on the other hand is 'MACKED OUT' w/ pc stuff!!!! I LOVE IT!!! and it makes cooking and being in the kitchen so much easier! Let me tell you, even when you think you've got enough of PC, the more you EARN, the more you WANT!!!!

chefjulie_sc said:
I agree with both Becky & Wendy. I think it depends on the host & I usually ask them what they would like to do. I always describe "product arrival day" as "Christmas In October" or whenever! It's always fun to see what others bought from your show.
For hosts who have never hosted a PC show before or who have never hosted a BIG PC show before, I do warn them that it may seem overwhelming. That way they won't think "Hey, I'm never doing this again...look at all this work!" Of course they sometimes forget to see all of the awesome benefits they get from a big show!! I also get them excited by sharing that it's so much fun to see what everyone got.

i've only had one host who said "If I knew it would be this much work sorting things, I wouldn't have done this." And she had a $1000 show!! But, that was with the old system where they didn't include the specific packing lists, so I think that REALLY helps.

I had my Stoneware Workshop at my house last week (ended up being a $100 show!) and expect to get the shipment from that next week. This will be the first time I've seen the new packing procedure, so I'm excited! I've already warned my husband...be ready for lots of boxes! :D My son will love playing in them, so I know he'll be in heaven.

Becky, What's a "Stoneware Workshop"?

It was my own show I hosted but it was all about Stoneware. It was more of an educational focus and I talked about EVERYTHING about stoneware. I had several recipes already prepared in various stoneware, then did one demo of the Fantastic Focaccia Bread. It was much more successful than any Open House I have done, so I'll do this from now on. I think it helped to have an educational focus to it. :)

1. How long does it typically take for an order shipped to a consultant to arrive?

The shipping time for orders shipped to a consultant can vary depending on the shipping method chosen at checkout. Standard shipping typically takes 3-5 business days, while expedited shipping can take 1-2 business days. The exact delivery date will be provided at checkout.

2. Can I track my order that is being shipped to a consultant?

Yes, you can track your order by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on "Order History". You will see the tracking number for your order and can click on it to see the current status of your shipment.

3. Can I change the shipping address for an order that is being shipped to a consultant?

If your order has not yet been shipped, you can contact our customer service team to request a change in shipping address. However, if the order has already been shipped, we are unable to make any changes to the shipping address.

4. Do I need to be present to receive my order shipped to a consultant?

In most cases, a signature is not required for delivery of an order shipped to a consultant. However, if you are concerned about the security of your package, you can request a signature upon delivery at checkout.

5. Can I cancel or change my order after it has been shipped to a consultant?

If your order has already been shipped to a consultant, we are unable to make any changes or cancel the order. However, you can contact our customer service team to initiate a return or exchange once you receive the package.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • luvmypomeranian