• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Encourage Individual Sales at the Show Tomorrow?

In summary, Bobby suggested that if a person orders something from him at the show tomorrow, he should offer them the guest special, which is 20% off. He also said that he thinks people will be more likely to order from him if they know about the special, so he should advertise it. Finally, he said that if a person orders something extra, he should just enter the order data, charge the customer, and enter the difference as a "consultant gift".
momnixon
Hey there... super newbie here. I have a 3-hour shift at our local Women's Show tomorrow and I've been trying to decide what to push.

My basic question is this: I have a couple of people who have mentioned that they would like to order some things from me (individual orders) particularly this month's guest special. I figured I would tack them onto a catalog order I have closing soon and just call it done. But, this show got me wondering if I should encourage individual sales at the show tomorrow.... I could do this by offering the guest special to people at the show, and if they act like they want to order a lot, then encourage them to host their own show/party. If I had $150 in sales (with my other outside orders) then I would have a whole other show (I'm trying to get 4 in my first 30!). Also, I would at least get contact info and interest level on the individual orders and could always encourage hosting at a later date.

One reason I'm thinking I shouldn't push hosting TOO much is because I went in today to where the booth is and every other booth is a direct sales company... I mean they are ALL there (tupperware, lia sophia, scentsy, southern living)! So I figure people are gonna be hearing about hosting from everyone there - so while I definitely want to mention it, I don't want to be the 20th DS company trying to get them to host!

In another related question: Could I offer a Show Special, like instead of 20% off stone/bakeware they can get 25% off if they order at the show? If so, how does one go about entering that?

What do y'all think... is this crazy to even think about? I mean, should I just focus on handing out recipe cards and pushing home/catalog shows?

Thanks for your help... don't know what I'd do without you guys! :)

You can offer whatever you like for a special as long as you're willing to pay the difference. Most of my booths' orders are turned in as a show or put on another hosts' show if I don't have enough for a show.

I agree with Bobby, what ever you offer ... you have to be willing to pay the difference out of pocket to PC while you wait on the commission check. ;)I think the 20% off is a good enough incentive to get some direct orders at the table. If you get $150 or more, then yes, you can enter it as your own individual catalog show. If not, you can add it to your open show and help that host.Sometimes people who just order ONE thing are the best ones to host. They want more, but can't afford it. So make sure you advertise the host specials too! Even if they've heard the spiel from other companies they might still book a show to earn free and discounted products.If you choose to give away extra, just data entry the order, charge the customer the appropriate amount (credit card, cash or check) and then enter the difference as "consultant gift". That way you can easily see at tax time how much you invested to make money. ;)

What forms of payment do you accept for orders at the booth?

We accept cash, credit/debit cards, and checks made out to Pampered Chef for orders placed at the booth.

Can I place an order at the booth and have it shipped directly to my home?

Yes, you can place an order at the booth and have it shipped directly to your home. We offer shipping options for an additional fee.

What is the return policy for orders placed at the booth?

Our return policy for orders placed at the booth is 30 days from the date of purchase. The item must be in its original packaging and in new condition. Please see our return policy for more information.

Can I use my host rewards for orders placed at the booth?

Yes, you can use your host rewards for orders placed at the booth. Please have your host rewards code ready when placing your order.

Do you offer any discounts for large orders placed at the booth?

We offer a discounted price for large orders placed at the booth. Please speak to one of our representatives for more information and to place your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • Jennie50