• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Online Orders: Clear Instructions for Outlet Items | Tips for Hosts

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with guests not following instructions for online ordering and mistakenly purchasing outlet items, causing issues for hosts and their show totals. Different solutions such as modifying instructions and personally ordering outlet items for customers are suggested, but it is acknowledged that some people may not follow directions regardless.
taterbug
I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so, how do you deal with it?
When I send out the invitations, I include instructions for ordering online for a host's show. I also include instructions in the host package so that she can pass the information along to guests that want to order online.
Apparently, some guests are not following the instructions and are just going to PC's website to view items and then call the host with the products they want to purchase - products from the outlet! This has happened with two shows and I didn't realize that they were outlet items until the host and I were closing the show.
What would be good and easy to understand wording that I could use with the host to let her know that she needs to make sure her guests are not giving her orders for outlet items? Keep in mind, these guests are not ordering online - they are just looking at the products and then calling the host with their order.

You cannot add outlet orders to shows...outlet orders are only individual orders.

Ginger428 said:
You cannot add outlet orders to shows...outlet orders are only individual orders.
I know that outlet items can't be added to a show - that is not my question. My question is what wording to use with the host to make sure she understands this, so that if she has a guest who calls her with an order, after looking online, she can verify with them that the items they want aren't from the outlet.

I'd tell her that it's less confusing if she just passes along your website address and that they be sure to click "Shop Online" then select option #1 and enter in the host's name. This way they will only view what is eligible to be ordered on a show. I give them those instructions saying that they should do that even if it's just to browse. "We offer an outlet, but those are specials only available on orders not connected to a show." I encourage my hosts to let me get them set up on me website and send e-mails to their friends that way. By using the handy-dandy link, they'll be sure to get right in to where they need to be. Even if they don't want to order online, it still is a lot easier for them to just click on the e-mail and then click on the link. I offer to input their contacts into the website for them, so it's one less thing for them to worry about. I tell them I use the information strictly so I can be their personal assistant, and not to worry... I won't Spam them. Another option is you can type up an e-mail with instructions on how to browse/shop online and then the host can just send forward that to her contacts.

I've found that no matter what wording you use, some people just simply cannot follow directions at all.

Another option would be to modify your instructions to direct them to use "Our Products" at the top of the page. By clicking this, they don't get the Outlet as an option. There is then a link that says "How to Purchase" which takes them to a page with a space to put in the Host's name.

This way they can browse, and still call their friend to place their order, but not get items in there that they can't get through a show.

leftymac said:
I've found that no matter what wording you use, some people just simply cannot follow directions at all.

Very true.

I would just order the outlet items for them after you let them know about the extra shipping cost? That's another sale for you.

Chef Bobby said:
I would just order the outlet items for them after you let them know about the extra shipping cost? That's another sale for you.

A good option for the customer, but doesn't solve the dilemma of the host whose show total went down at closing because of the outlet items in some orders. I'm sure that host was bummed, especially if she dropped below a $100 mark.

leftymac said:
Amen to that!

NooraK said:
Another option would be to modify your instructions to direct them to use "Our Products" at the top of the page. By clicking this, they don't get the Outlet as an option. There is then a link that says "How to Purchase" which takes them to a page with a space to put in the Host's name.

This way they can browse, and still call their friend to place their order, but not get items in there that they can't get through a show.
This is how I do the instructions; I go through every step, all the way down to enter host name.

NooraK said:
A good option for the customer, but doesn't solve the dilemma of the host whose show total went down at closing because of the outlet items in some orders. I'm sure that host was bummed, especially if she dropped below a $100 mark.

You are exactly right. And, if your host has already added up all of her sales and thinks she is at xxx level and has all her stuff picked out, she is going to be totally disappointed when you advise her that she needs to regroup because she didn't actually make it to xxx level because of the outlet items.
I have done somewhere around thirty shows and this just recently happened. I thought it was just a fluke, but then it happened again with my last show. I know that I have got to do something to make it clear to the hosts so it won't happen in the future.

I send out an Outlet email twice a month, notifying my email list with a direct link to my Outlet saying I will combine orders to reduce the shipping. That is the only time I reference the Outlet.When I send out the first email to the Host from my PWS, I put in a direct link to their Show to forward to their friends. I have never had a problem with doing this when I make sure the entire link is there. I send myself the email first, then close my browser window out, then sign back in my email and click on the link to be sure it works!

I think the problem is probaby a scenario where the host may run into or talk to the guest and quickly say something about her show and "look online for products you want, then call me" - kind of a rushed thing. The guest naturally goes to pamperedchef.com (because the host didn't have time or think to tell them about my specific web site), sees the outlet items and doesn't think anything about it.

I am SO with Keith on this one. No matter how hard you try to keep the on-line ordering instructions simple, clear and oh so easy, someone inevitably screws up! You need to make sure the host knows any errors on her guests part, can not be "Changed" to go to her party for credit in any case.
I also explain that unless the purchaser wants to reorder the non-outlet products through the party to give the host credit then that same person who ordered incorrectly - AND NO don't YOU dare do it - can either return or keep the products they ordered outside the party. Do not pay for a mistake you did not make!

I am with Keith on this one, too.I had a guest who went to place her order and said she had seen something on the outlet ... this was a HUGE show and her item was only $8. I told the guest that it had to be done separate from the show and I had her pay me directly. I put in an order for a few other things I wanted and just had it all sent to my house for less than $20 and we split the shipping.

Chef Bobby said:

Sorry to be dense, but how do we do that using their cc? I promised to do this at a show tonight and I am having a hard time. I may pick up the shipping too. Can I do this on p3?

I've ordered outlet things through customers on my PWS ... just use their e-mail or a junk one of mine and enter the info they give me.

Thank you!

1. How do I find outlet items on the Pampered Chef website?

To find outlet items on the Pampered Chef website, simply click on the "Outlet" tab located at the top of the homepage. This will take you directly to the outlet page where you can browse and shop for discounted items.

2. Can outlet items be returned or exchanged?

No, outlet items are sold as-is and cannot be returned or exchanged. However, if the item is damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Are outlet items of lesser quality than regular products?

No, outlet items are not of lesser quality. They are simply discontinued or overstocked products that are being sold at a discounted price. All outlet items are still held to the same quality standards as our regular products.

4. Can I use a discount code on outlet items?

No, discount codes cannot be applied to outlet items as they are already discounted. However, you can still earn and use Pampered Chef rewards on outlet purchases.

5. How often are new outlet items added to the website?

New outlet items are added regularly, but they are only available while supplies last. Be sure to check back often for new additions and great deals on quality Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies