• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Order Forms Easier to Read with Pampered Chef

The idea of laminating the top sheet of the order form to make it easier to read and find products has been suggested. Another option is to use single sheet outside order forms, which have been found to be more user-friendly by both customers and hosts. Sales receipts can also be used as a way to track orders and encourage customers to play the Wishlist game. With the shift towards using more technology, there may be less need for paper receipts in the future. Some consultants have found success in using their business cards as a receipt alternative.
DebPC
Staff member
Since Pampered Chef keeps enlarging their line, the order forms are getting harder to read and products harder to find. Especially for our customers!
One idea i have heard of is to take the top sheet of an order form and have it laminated. while you're doing the show you can hold it up and point to where that certain product is located so everyone can see where to find it.

Since the new season began March 1, I have been using the outside order forms at shows instead of the big order form. (Many in my cluster doing the same.) At every show I've told customers that it's is something new I'm trying, and asking those who've been to other shows if they prefer it. Everyone has greatly preferred this system, because the other one is so hard to read and find what you want! I tell customers that I have a receipt book, if they want a receipt to prove they paid. So far, no one has wanted one. Most times they write a check anyway, and they know the host. (I have the host keep all the money, all checks made payable to her, and then get one check or money order for the whole show - less any credit card payments- from her when we close.) The receipt book is just a little one that makes a carbon copy. I would write something like:
Received $45.00 from Carol Jones, for Pampered Chef order.
Show #24
6/4/05
(My signature)

Then, I print Pampered partner receipts, and give them to hostess to sort orders, and then give to customers with their products for guarantee and satisfaction information. Even with shipping, it's probably no more because these receipts are about 6 cents cheaper than big ones. And, I think people order more because they just write the number and don't have to search for it.
GOOD LUCK! ;)

Last edited:
I too use outside order forms at my shows and the guests are liking it much better! The hosts like it better too because it's easier to read what the guest got on the computer print out than on the 3 copy form.

Sales RecieptsI have 100 sales receipts left. I think the customers like the single sheet too, they say this is too confusing. I still like them because they help me with the customers Wish List. I encourage them to play the Wishlist game but since my last 3 parties, less and less people play. What am I to do with all these Sales Receipts? :confused:

meyer353 said:
I have 100 sales receipts left. I think the customers like the single sheet too, they say this is too confusing. I still like them because they help me with the customers Wish List. I encourage them to play the Wishlist game but since my last 3 parties, less and less people play. What am I to do with all these Sales Receipts? :confused:
To get rid of mine, I use them for the parties which are close to my home and I'm going to hand deliver the receipts to the host. Carry a few to parties for those guest who insist on a receipt tonight.

When the new season starts I will use the ones in my change over kit to do the above but everyone else will get computer printouts - even the PP Thank You letter fits this plan. I know that my upline was in a test group last year using the outside order form instead of the 3 copy one - I didn't start doing that until these HUGE ones came out this time...

It looks like TPC is trying to get us to use less paper and more computer. Even when we have a return we don't have to send the receipt anymore since we have to get a reference number anyway. I think that's a good thing except for those that don't have a computer.

My director told me that she uses her business card as a "receipt" at the night of the show that details: how much, how paid, etc. I think this is a great idea b/c then they'll also have your information from the card! The PP receipt is given to the host for the official receipt.

Valerie M said:
Since the new season began March 1, I have been using the outside order forms at shows instead of the big order form. (Many in my cluster doing the same.) At every show I've told customers that it's is something new I'm trying, and asking those who've been to other shows if they prefer it. Everyone has greatly preferred this system, because the other one is so hard to read and find what you want! I tell customers that I have a receipt book, if they want a receipt to prove they paid. So far, no one has wanted one. Most times they write a check anyway, and they know the host. (I have the host keep all the money, all checks made payable to her, and then get one check or money order for the whole show - less any credit card payments- from her when we close.) The receipt book is just a little one that makes a carbon copy. I would write something like:
Show #24
6/4/05
(My signature)

But, if you use outside order forms for your show, do you have the item numbers and prices memorized? Seems like it would take too much time to look them up...

Ann,
On the outside order forms it has the customer list the item #, item description, and price. That also makes it easier for me to see when I enter everything into PP. Have you seen a copy of the PC outside order forms? If not you can take a look on the PC website on consultants corner. I believe the order forms to print out are in the same place as the guest and host specials.

I am in SS Month 3 and I only use the outside order forms. They are so much easier for me to read. My customers like them, since they are looking at a catalog and see what they want to order, but can't find it on the sales reciept. With the outside order form, they write the item number, description, price, and then total it up. :)

outside order formsI too use the outside order forms. It seems to be sooo much eaiser for the guests! I also like them because they have the guest special for the month on them and you don't have to keep mentioning the special just tell them what it is and tell them it is listed at the top if they are interested! I take them home with me that night and I keep that for my files and make a copy of pp sales receipt for each guest and send it to the host with my thank you letter! I have founs I get more sales that way too.
Candy

outside formsI too use the outside order forms more than anything else. I figure since I have trouble finding an item on the form that means the customers would also have trouble finding one. It turns out that I had one customer not order something because she couldn't find it on the form. I knew she wanted the product, so I asked her why she didn't order it. Thankfully I asked her and added it for her. The only time I use the triple form is when I'm doing an event. Yes, it takes longer to fill out, but it gives the customers a sense of security because they have it. These are people who don't know me and come to me to place an order since my focus at an event is getting my name out along with cash & carry from my overstock.

With regard to filling out the outside order form, the customers typically fill everything out for you. That just leave me to verify the prices. That takes less time than adding up all the separate columns on the traditional form.

I like the business card idea for the receipt. Thanks.

I like this idea. Just last week I overheard a customer saying having to write in the specials was a deterant to purchasing them. I was thinking about writing them in myself before the show but didn't want to have "left overs" at the end of each month.

What about putting both in guest folders? This would give the option to the customer during a trial period? Then deside to go one way or the other.

Thanks for the idea,
Michelle

wishlist game??
meyer353 said:
I have 100 sales receipts left. I think the customers like the single sheet too, they say this is too confusing. I still like them because they help me with the customers Wish List. I encourage them to play the Wishlist game but since my last 3 parties, less and less people play. What am I to do with all these Sales Receipts? :confused:

What is the wishlist game? I understand marking items that you like and using it as a wishlist but what kind of game do you play?

Tonia

thoughts for new seasonIt has been suggested that HO might be looking into the triplicate outside order forms instead of the order forms that list everything. I am pretty sure that is how most of other party plans do it. I too use the outside order form from the website and have really seen a difference in sales. I now encourage my recruits to go this way they seem to agree that it is nicer and easier. In almost 2 years of doing this I don't think I have but one person every really insist on a receipt.

I think the wish list game is played like this. You go through your whole show and have them mark what they want--not what they are definately going to get but what they want. Then at the end of the show you have them look at it and you can tell give them a visual about hosting a show. So say to them that they should pick the 2 most expensive things on their list and imagine getting them for half the price. Then tell them to total up the other items quickly, a good estimate works well. Then say with an average show you would get $90 of that for free, and a 25% discount on all the rest. Then talk again about the monthly host bonus and how they can get another item at 60% off. "Now wouldn't you like to host a show and reap those benfits."
It gives them a better understanding of what you can get with our plan. By the way an average show is $500. The company average is like $440 so I just rounded up for the best math. Also at the end if you collect them you can enter them into PP and run reports so you have a reason to call people when the items are on special.

Correct me if you do something different. That is just the one I have heard about.

Outside Order FormsI've been using my own outside order forms for over a year now, and I've gotten great feedback from guests. Additionally, I take my laptop to my shows and enter the orders into Pampered Partner right away. That way, I let the computer do the math! Then after entering the order, both the guest and I initial the outside order form and she gets to keep it as a "receipt". I tell guests they'll receive a valid receipt with their orders (I send the receipts, usually with a personal note attached, to the host). On my outside order form I made the bottom section a "credit card" section. If the guest is paying by credit card, I have them fill in the info and sign, and then i-Slice that section off and keep it for my records.

Tiffany, your version of the wish list game is the same that I've heard. Does anyone else know a different one?

Diane

Are you talking about the ones that are posted on this site. Example; July, August. Do you use these at your shows. I think the big one is so complicated. I didn't realize you could use the Outside order form at a show.

bejams said:
Are you talking about the ones that are posted on this site. Example; July, August. Do you use these at your shows. I think the big one is so complicated. I didn't realize you could use the Outside order form at a show.
Yes, this is what a lot of people use. They don't get a "receipt" to take home that night when they do it this way, but I always offer to write one up on the real order form if they really want to take one home. They'll get the official receipt (printed up through PP on the receipt paper) with their order. It's just a lot less intimidating to use the outside order forms at shows. I am afraid people would waste time by looking for the products on the real receipts and miss out on what I'm saying.

My director (and I'm going to start doing this too) prints out the outside order forms onto the sales reciept paper. That way she doesn't have to print out 2 copies (the outside order form and then a separate receipt) I'm hoping also that PC comes out with new order forms in triplicate that are like the outside order forms. Then I would just use those. For now though I'm printing outside order forms on the sales recepit paper.

Janel... that's a great idea. Do we know for sure whether the Home Office will accept those as valid receipts? I think they should since they are on the "official" paper, but just curious.

I am also going to use outside order forms. It's too hard to read what they want,especially if they don't write hard enough to go thru all 3 copies.
It is also easy to miss an order with the reg. order forms.

Lisa,
Yes, if you look on the reciept paper it says that they are official receipt paper. I had asked my director about it too and she says its official. I had been printing out order forms on regular paper and then after closing the show I would print out reciepts from PP on the receipt paper. I think printing them out on receipt paper to start with will be much easier.

Well, once again I'm the oddball (see the cheese grater discussions). I like the kitchen show order forms. I spend several minutes with my guests at the beginning of the show, explaining the stars ("If you're considering starting your own PC business, don't order anything with a star by it; those items come in your starter kit!"), the warranty, return info on the back, and the RUFTH. Then I have them use red pens so I can see to calculate their orders better.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Ann,
I'm with you on liking the order forms. I like that I have a copy of the things that were circled and not purchased. I like that I can leave a copy with the guests so they have receipts to hand out since Home Office is shipping SO FAST! YEAH HOME OFFICE! I like talking about the starred items and how many of those do they have on their wish list already. I like talking about the warranty. And...I like the new style.

I also talk about the order form at the beginning of my show and explain how it is laid out just like the catalog.

I agree. I don't use the triplicate copy order form anymore. I have a hard time finding things on it...how can I expect my customers too? For awhile, I made up my own outside order form..and included the monthly special on it. Now, I'm going back to the outside order form that PC has...less work for me. I, too, have found that people buy more with this order form...they aren't wasting their time looking for what they want on the other form. I've never had anyone tell me they needed a receipt right away either...I print them one from PP and give it to the host to pass out with the order.

Nancy

Valerie M said:
Show #24
6/4/05
(My signature)

Then, I print Pampered partner receipts, and give them to hostess to sort orders, and then give to customers with their products for guarantee and satisfaction information. Even with shipping, it's probably no more because these receipts are about 6 cents cheaper than big ones. And, I think people order more because they just write the number and don't have to search for it.
GOOD LUCK! ;)

returns?My only concern is that all the return info is on the back of the sales receipts and I would think that a customer would definately want that. I wonder if it would be too much hassle to give out the outside order forms during the show, then, when you're sitting down calculating the order, put it onto a regular sales receipt? Maybe a little extra work, but more time to chat with the customer and it gives them an "official" reciept in case they need it?
D.C.

At conference, they unveiled a new triplicate WRITE IN order form!! It's like the outside order form, but provides duplicates and there is even a tear-off wish list. You can choose between this new order form and the old one. Now bear in mind this was at the Canadian conference, so I don't know if that applies to the US as well.

Yeah! I'm so glad they have decided to do this!

ok help me i'm now lost :eek: I just got my kit and giving the order forms to my first catalog party tomorrow. All they gave me were those huge order forms. How and where do I find the outside order forms? Did I not get these? What do they look like.. Do I need to order some? :confused:

I just went to the website:
After you login go to
Promotions & Incentives then Monthly Host & Guest Special
There are a whole bunch of specials and forms you can download. Just be sure you download the right "outside order form" (s/h tax or not)

Last edited:
New order forms! (a spoiler!)For those of you who are curious...
Yes! The Pampered Chef is now giving us an option on which type of order form you would like to use! Here are our options:
(1) Just like our current order forms, but they are divided into new categories, and ALPHABETIZED! Yeah! They also have a spot on the BACK of the form for stamping!

(2) A triplicate form just like the current outside order forms! And, attached is a wish list for your guests to fill out!

We will have the option to choose, both are the same price!
NO more headaches or confusion!

Way to go, home office!

Rebecca Bilyeu
Future Director, The Pampered Chef
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefbilyeu

Consultants cornerAngie,
They are on consultants corner on promotions. Just make sure you click on the right one, as far as tax goes. There are three that you can click on, I don't know which one would be specific for the state you are in.

Hope I helped,
Debbie :) :) :)

Hi! Does anyone have a flyer caller Calculating Your Order Is Easy? It has a picture of a woman sitting in a chair. My computer crashed and lost all of my files! Thanks in advance for your time and help. Cheryl

Re: New order forms! (a spoiler!)This is great. Is it available now? I am looking at a supply order form and don't see it. I need to place my order tonight. Does anyone know?

chefbilyeu said:
For those of you who are curious...
Yes! The Pampered Chef is now giving us an option on which type of order form you would like to use! Here are our options:
(1) Just like our current order forms, but they are divided into new categories, and ALPHABETIZED! Yeah! They also have a spot on the BACK of the form for stamping!

(2) A triplicate form just like the current outside order forms! And, attached is a wish list for your guests to fill out!

We will have the option to choose, both are the same price!
NO more headaches or confusion!

Way to go, home office!

Rebecca Bilyeu
Future Director, The Pampered Chef
Page Not Found

Christie, the original posts are from 2005. If you search for Wish List in CC, though, you can find a form that has all the products listed by category, then alphabetical, including product number and price. There's no place to put your contact info, though.

This post is from 2005. The itemized forms are no longer available. The wish list form is what was attached to the order forms but has been removed.

Thanks, I looked at July, but didn't see it was from 2005. Sorry.

Haha! I did the same thing at first, too. I was totally confused about what they were talking about in the first couple of posts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies