• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Place Orders for Tax Exempt Businesses?

In summary, the customer is going to need to fax in a copy of their tax exempt form. They can order up to 50 of 1 item, over 50 they have to go through HO for the order.
angmillar
I've been approached by some folks at the Youth Center here on base, and they want to make a purchase. A BIG purchase. We're talking like a $1000-$1500. However, they are tax exempt, because it's a DOD building (or something like that).

I will call finance Monday morning to see if this is possible, and how to do it. In the meantime, I was wondering... have any of you all placed orders for any businesses that are tax exempt?

Thanks friends!

I just did one a couple weeks ago. It was only $300, not $1000, lucky you! I created it into a show so they also got the host benefits (catalog party, actually). Create a show, then when you put in the person's order, at the bottom of the Items page there is a box for Tax Exempt. After the order is all done, submit it and it will give you a fax number to send it to. Be sure to note your item number. The customer is going to need to fax in a copy of their tax exempt form. I'd call the HO and ask for a contact name so you can call and check to make sure they get matched up. Your show actually gets placed on hold until the TE number is inputted. If you have someone's name you can call and double check if it doesn't happen automatically. Make sure the customer puts your name and consultant number on the fax, along with the show number, and a contact number. Mine went through without a hitch! Nice order for you!!!

Whenever you have a really large order like that you need to contact HO for approval.

BethCooks4U said:
Whenever you have a really large order like that you need to contact HO for approval.
No matter how I phrase this is sounds disrespectful. It's not that I don't believe you, I am in disbelief of the policy, so please don't take it wrong. I'm just trying to understand. I'm new and I don't want to do anything wrong.do you mean because it's a TE order? If not, How big is big? I know if they ordered 1000 worth of one thing (like batter bowls or whatever) you do, but isn't 1000-1500 just a really great party amount? Isn't it like if someone ordered a complete set of cookware and knives?

I took the original post as they were buying a large amount of certain items. If someone buys a large amount of an item it has to be approved (I think like 50). I've never heard of them not approving but I guess they are just making sure they're not being bought to resell. I also know that you have to contact HO for tax exempt orders.

BethCooks4U said:
I took the original post as they were buying a large amount of certain items. If someone buys a large amount of an item it has to be approved (I think like 50). I've never heard of them not approving but I guess they are just making sure they're not being bought to resell. I also know that you have to contact HO for tax exempt orders.

Thanks Beth, this is reassuring

Thanks for the information, everyone!! This is all great to know, and I will send the lady an email tonight. :)And, Beth, thanks so much for your information. It's a Teen Center on base, and they will be buying quite a few repeat items for cooking classes, etc.

Angie, let us know if they give the teen center a discount! I was wondering if that was part of the "large order approval" part ... maybe discounting the price a bit? ;)

They can order up to 50 of 1 item, over 50 they have to go through HO for the order.

Sheila said:
Angie, let us know if they give the teen center a discount! I was wondering if that was part of the "large order approval" part ... maybe discounting the price a bit? ;)

No I am sure they won't give a discount. HO just wants to be assured that they aren't buying to re-sell.

What is an Order for Tax Exempt Business?

An Order for Tax Exempt Business is a document that allows a business or organization to make purchases without paying sales tax. This is typically reserved for non-profit organizations or government agencies that are exempt from paying sales tax on certain items.

How can I obtain an Order for Tax Exempt Business?

You can obtain an Order for Tax Exempt Business by applying for a tax-exempt status with your state's department of revenue or taxation. Once approved, you will receive a tax-exempt number or certificate that can be used to make tax-exempt purchases.

What items are typically exempt from sales tax with an Order for Tax Exempt Business?

The items that are typically exempt from sales tax with an Order for Tax Exempt Business vary by state. However, common items include office supplies, equipment, and materials used for charitable purposes or in the operation of a government agency.

Do I need to renew my Order for Tax Exempt Business?

Yes, most states require businesses and organizations to renew their tax-exempt status periodically. This can range from every few years to every five years. It is important to keep your tax-exempt status current to continue making tax-exempt purchases.

Can I use my Order for Tax Exempt Business in other states?

In most cases, no. Each state has its own regulations and requirements for tax-exempt status, so your Order for Tax Exempt Business will typically only be valid in the state where it was issued. However, some states have agreements that allow for reciprocity, so it is important to check with the state's department of revenue or taxation before making purchases in another state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Happy Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies