• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe for the DCB: Tips for Halving the Recipe

In summary, to prepare Orange Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), preheat your oven to 375°F and mix together 1/4 cup of orange juice, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest, and 1 minced garlic clove. Pour the mixture over 1.5 lbs of chicken in the DCB, cover with the lid, and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe, but adjust the cooking time. You can also substitute the orange juice with pineapple juice, apricot nectar, or chicken broth. There is no need to mar
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I am planning to make the Orange Chicken in the DCB, but want to make 1/2 recipe. Would the baking time change at all? Thanks!

I have a vision of a Cornish game hen looking small and forlorn in the center of the DCB.

The original recipe calls for 4-6 breasts...and I'm planning on using 3. What will be the cooking time, do you think? (The visual of that cornish game hen is pretty funny!)

Update- I used 4 chicken breasts, did 45 min in the oven, and it came out DRY. Even with the sauce! I cut the chicken up into small cubes first- would that have an impact on the time?

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to assist you with your question. When making a 1/2 recipe in the Deep Covered Baker, the baking time should not change. However, I recommend checking the chicken for doneness at the original suggested time and adjusting if needed. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the Orange Chicken in the Dcb?

To prepare the Orange Chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), preheat your oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of orange juice, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest, and 1 minced garlic clove. Place 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts or tenders in the DCB and pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken. Cover the DCB with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for the Orange Chicken in the Dcb?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. However, make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. It may take longer for the chicken to cook through if using frozen chicken.

3. Can I substitute the orange juice with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the orange juice with pineapple juice or apricot nectar for a different flavor. You can also use 1/4 cup of chicken broth instead of the juice for a less sweet version.

4. Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

No, there is no need to marinate the chicken before cooking in the DCB. The chicken will absorb the flavors from the orange juice mixture while baking.

5. Can I add vegetables to the Orange Chicken in the Dcb?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, or carrots to the DCB along with the chicken. Just make sure to cut them into bite-sized pieces and adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure they are cooked through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PCAlyMac11
  • PamperedChefLayla
  • General Chat
Replies