1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Opportunity night

1. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

My cluster and I are having an opportunity night at one of our houses. We wanted to offer some sort of comparison between DS companies...has anyone already done this? We figured people might see how much easier/more affordable it is to be a consultant and to be a host. If its easier to be a host its easier to get bookings!

I know we have some super creative smart folks on here and thought someone might have already done this.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2009
  2. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

ohhhh....I wouldn't compare plans -- I feel the need to be fair to all other Dir Sales companies and not talk them down. Also, I think that people may see that as being disrespectful. You want to be a person with integrity when marketing what we have to share.

I would just use the benefits of OUR company and the things that we can offer. It's clear to see and you will be more respected if you simply use the facts about the Pampered Chef and let that stand alone as the reason to join!

Good luck!!

Sep 28, 2009
  3. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

We weren't really going to say PC vs. X company but just make it known that there are differences and I was really thinking if they realized how good the PC plan is that would help them to see a difference. If not compared to something they wouldn't know a difference. We'll see how this pans out. Thanks for the input though I appreciate it!

Sep 29, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I agree that you should not mention the other companies or how PC is "better" than other companies.

I would just focus on what PC can offer and let the benefits do the sell for you. ;)

I do mention other companies when I'm doing my spiel for recruits, but it's more along the line of "Whether it's Pampered Chef, PartyLite, Tupperware, etc., owning your own business allows you to choose how much or how little you want to work ..." I don't really feel like I have to "sell" Pampered Chef to a potential recruit (or a customer for that matter!). I think the quality and the reputation sell the product for me. My job is only to highlight the benefits of the company and allowing the recruit to make an informed decision. If the opportunity is right for them, I'll be more than happy to help them get started in their new business. If it's not, then I respect their decision. ;)

I think the "opportunity night" concept is brilliant! Maybe offer an extra incentive for the ones who sign that evening ... like the recruiter buying them 250 business cards (once they qualify) to help them with their new business? It's what? $29 for 250 cards from Merrill? In the long run, it would be WELL worth it! I'm looking at an extra $98.75 this month for having 2 recruits under me. I can see it adding up VERY quickly.

Sep 29, 2009
  5. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Thanks guys for the input. I guess I will discuss tonight when we nail down the plans and maybe just be prepared to answer if anyone asks for comparison. Otherwise, as you said I guess we can just run full steam ahead with what the benefits are for both host and recruit with PC.

Yes, I think we will do a little gift for all attendees and a special perk if they sigh up.

I'll keep you all posted of how it works out!

Thanks again!

Sep 29, 2009
Have something to add?