• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions on the New Website Designs?

In summary, the new website design is much easier to navigate and the colors are beautiful. However, some people are disappointed because there are only a few options to choose from.
heat123
Silver Member
Just viewed mine and I guess I will have to get use to it! Very different from the other template. I loved the baby blue with snowflakes template! Wish they had more options to choose from like before!

what do you all think?

I've not been able to log on to CC since about 1pm today! :mad: I updated my site this morning and I can view certain parts of MY site, but that's it!

Same here :( Wonder whats up?

Love It!I really like it. It much easier to navigate and I love the colors. I like that you can see the special for the month. I think this will be more enticing to customers.

New Website DesignI too am uncertain if I like the limited options to choose from but at least it looks professional and very colorful. :)

Personal Website DesignI too like it very much--won't take long to get used to it. I think it is refreshing and that the specials show up so well! It is the first day of the new selling season and PC has does well so far with all of the changes they are trying to accomplish. Need to give them more time to get everything up and running and changed. I've seen progress throughout the day and hopefully all will be done on their end by this evening. This is a very big change.

I love the new websites, beautiful...haven't been able to look at the options yet, I took a quick peek and then couldn't get back on. I guess everyone else is looking and there is way too much traffic on the site.

Okay, just went on and saw the 2 choices for web templets and I do agree that it's a little disappointing.

Wedding RegistryAlso, wasn't there supposed to be a link to the wedding registry from our sites? Maybe they just haven't updated that part yet :confused: I do like the layout of the site, though, but I do wish there were more templates to choose from. Maybe they'll add more later :rolleyes:

Nice....but....Well, I too would like more options, I like the layout better, but would like to have the ability to change, and they may only have two for right now, as they are just making the change over.

The WEDDING REGISTRY link is there, up on the top right hand corner....pretty cool, it probably just came up as they have been doing updates all day, reason for not being able to get in, it being slow running too....

But all in all, I love it..... :D

Wedding Registry link also on the bottom of the page too.....just saw it...sorry...top and bottom

I EAT MY WORDS>>>>>>>Wedding Registry:eek: :eek: :eek: OOOKKKAAAYYYY....so, I go onto two directors websites, they have the wedding registry link, mine doesn't, I'm not "qualified" yet, haven't done my committment, so I'm thinking, and I read this somewhere and forget where, that you have to be a "qualified consultant" in order to receive the link.
Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track here? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks you guys,
Kelley

Wedding RegistryI just looked on mine again and the Wedding Registry is still not there. Do you think it might be because I'm so new and not yet qualified? I just thought of that..... :confused:
Thanks

I love the new layout and the colors! I personally like the yellow but that's just me. It does seem much more easy to navigate and more clear.

Way to go!

I believe until you're qualified you can't get individual orders on your website and I believe wedding registry orders fall under this as well. It won't take you all long though!!! :D

I love the new interactive site. It makes it more "alive" than just a stale site. did you guys look under the manage your contacts area? you can download your contact list from outlook or pamp partner too!! I've been waiting for this!!!! Tired of trying to maintain three different lists!

Wedding Registry tutorial is good too, step by step instructions, with pictures! Looks easy enough to do.

And the panorama redemption chart, shows you how much you've earned so far, cool..way cool :)

I have to say I am VERY happy with all the changes technology wise this season.

ange

It is true that you have to be a "qualified" consultant before the Wedding Registry link shows on your personal website AND before anyone can sign up for a registry through you. I was pretty bummed when I discovered that between yesterday and today. I'm in SS1, but have a cousin interested in signing up for a registry. I hope to be qualified by the end of the month but I'll probably have her sign up with my recruiter so she doesn't have to wait the whole month (especially since her wedding is in June).
I wish there was some way around that rule but I suppose that has to just motivate me even more this month.

Wedding Registry Link on new designIt is there...takes them right to the registry and your name and consultant number is automatically filled in. I put in my first Wedding Registry today...easy as pie...can't wait to get more going. Several leads thanks to David's Bridal program

Sue Shaw

I love the new site!!! my husband has been laughing at me for the past half hour. i am so excited!! wish we had more colors to choose from as well but i wont complain since i didnt have to do anything but click a button!!

Website DesignI love it! It is very colorful and easy to navigate. The month's specials is right there, no clicking on it to see. The wedding registy is right on the bottom. I am excited to start doing wedding shows.

ange13 said:
I love the new interactive site. It makes it more "alive" than just a stale site. did you guys look under the manage your contacts area? you can download your contact list from outlook or pamp partner too!! I've been waiting for this!!!! Tired of trying to maintain three different lists!
ange

Where is the manage your contacts at?? I've looked and can't find what you're talking about. Please help me!!! :eek: :)

I don't like the way they look as much....as a consumer. I liked the old version that was more personalized looking.

I really like the new website designs. The are fresh and coloful and so easy to navigate. The only thing that I wish was still there is our contact information across the bottom of each page. That's seems to have gone away and customers must use the "contact me" link. But that is minor, overall I think are websites are much improved!

The following is the E-Mail I sent to TPC:

This message is in regards to the changes made to our personal web sites. If this not the correct address, I would appreciate it if you would please either forward it or return it so that I can find the correct party.

A thread on ChefSuccess prompted this e-mail, because I thought I owed you my comments before I made them known publicly.

I personally do not care for the web site design or the message it sends. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a new consultant in my first SS month.

Prior to March 1, the emphasis was on the consultant, it was softer, it opened to my picture and it was personal. The fact that it was simple and not over-done or animated or otherwise over-techno-professional made it approachable by our clients potentially.

Now, it has a very loud emphasis on the company...it looses ALOT of the personal touch that I thought was the purpose of having these products sold this way instead of in a department store.

Perhaps I was mistaken.

It was what I liked about The Pampered Chef for the last few weeks since I signed up.

I’ve designed my share of user input screens from CICS to various Client/Servers and Browser based asp pages.... I've been a computer programmer for 20 years. I've been doing this awhile...I understand user requirements, business rules, usability and technical functionality and feasibility…I see the message that is being sent and I personally don't like it.

I don’t like the change of emphasis. I don’t like that my picture is not available on the home screen.

I think the font (or bolded font) is over used and the change of font was not a good choice.

There's just too much. The one large picture automation slide show or the few smaller ones are fine, but all of it with constant headings is overkill. Mouse-over headings (in smaller or different font and perhaps contrasting color) on the lower picture/menu would help. At least move the headings to the lower portion of the picture control to provide some space between them and the middle choices (host a show, monthly host/guest specials)

The eye needs a place to rest and there is nowhere…I do not expect people will linger…

In fact, it is my opinion that users might respond with quicker click reaction (if you had this market tested), but the reason will not be due to piqued interest but rather to get off of this main screen.

That’s my two cents…for what its worth,
Linda Kaberline
471937​

Only one complaintThe only thing I wish was different about the website is where the "Order Products" part is. I wish you didn't have to scroll down to see it. I just told my March hosts to have their guest look in the upper right-hand corner to find it. :p I guess I'll need to give them the update!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

I just want to say again, I think the new designs are beautiful and fresh. I like that it is interactive and do not think the homepage is too busy. As for personalization and adding your picture, you still can. My home page personalization is still there and includes the picture that I loaded.

Regarding spacing, I do not have to scroll up or down, left or right to see the entire page. It is all right there in full view in my screen.

I think the new designs are professional and eye catching. The prior templates were nice, but they were flat and definitely not as appealing as the new templates.

As a user of many online companies (in my day job) our new websites are right up there at the top with some of the best and most user friendly websites that I utilitze on a daily basis.

Just my opinion.

I'm sorry, that was rude. I am new and thought I was joining a people oriented company. One that wanted consultants who were approachable. This change brings the focus clearly away from the consultant and puts the company up front.

My picture is there, but not on the main screen like it used to be, I have to click on the "read more."

I've probably built some of the web sites you think are so cool out there on the net...anyone can get flash...I wanted something simpler...not like other direct sales...

Last edited:
But isn't the point that it be appealing and user friendly to those customers who want to purchase online? Why would we as professionals want to promote an unprofessional and difficult to navigate website?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
LindaK said:
The following is the E-Mail I sent to TPC:

This message is in regards to the changes made to our personal web sites. If this not the correct address, I would appreciate it if you would please either forward it or return it so that I can find the correct party.

A thread on ChefSuccess prompted this e-mail, because I thought I owed you my comments before I made them known publicly.

I personally do not care for the web site design or the message it sends. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a new consultant in my first SS month.

Prior to March 1, the emphasis was on the consultant, it was softer, it opened to my picture and it was personal. The fact that it was simple and not over-done or animated or otherwise over-techno-professional made it approachable by our clients potentially.

Now, it has a very loud emphasis on the company...it looses ALOT of the personal touch that I thought was the purpose of having these products sold this way instead of in a department store.

Perhaps I was mistaken.

It was what I liked about The Pampered Chef for the last few weeks since I signed up.

I’ve designed my share of user input screens from CICS to various Client/Servers and Browser based asp pages.... I've been a computer programmer for 20 years. I've been doing this awhile...I understand user requirements, business rules, usability and technical functionality and feasibility…I see the message that is being sent and I personally don't like it.

I don’t like the change of emphasis. I don’t like that my picture is not available on the home screen.

I think the font (or bolded font) is over used and the change of font was not a good choice.

There's just too much. The one large picture automation slide show or the few smaller ones are fine, but all of it with constant headings is overkill. Mouse-over headings (in smaller or different font and perhaps contrasting color) on the lower picture/menu would help. At least move the headings to the lower portion of the picture control to provide some space between them and the middle choices (host a show, monthly host/guest specials)

The eye needs a place to rest and there is nowhere…I do not expect people will linger…

In fact, it is my opinion that users might respond with quicker click reaction (if you had this market tested), but the reason will not be due to piqued interest but rather to get off of this main screen.

That’s my two cents…for what its worth,
Linda Kaberline
471937​

Wow, (speaking as a consumer) I think the site is exciting!

Being an online shopper since the inception of online shopping I feel I know a little about what one likes, (or what I like for that matter) when it comes to websites and ordering.

IMO this clearly shows that the company has moved forward and is looking to the future - not back at the past...it is more professional, streamlined, clean and clear, and I for one like that...

The feel of the individual Pampered Chef website has gone from "mom & pop" to a fresh, crisp, high quality and secure place to order...

I for one think the main screen has just enough information to keep one's attention, I feel it draws our visitors, hosts and guests to use the links and navigate accordingly, why would we want them to stay on the home page for any length of time? That is not where the ordering is, that is not where the "online catalog" is, it is simply the first "step" in getting them interested, I give a huge KUDOS to the web design team!

That is just my 2 cents!

Christina

LindaK said:
I'm sorry, that was rude. I am new and thought I was joining a people oriented company. One that wanted consultants who were approachable. This change brings the focus clearly away from the consultant and puts the company up front.

My picture is there, but not on the main screen like it used to be, I have to click on the "read more."

I've probably built some of the web sites you think are so cool out there on the net...anyone can get flash...I wanted something simpler...not like other direct sales...

May I ask which site you refer to that you have designed? I would love to see your work....

Christina -- Amen! :D

Sk8Mom209 said:
But isn't the point that it be appealing and user friendly to those customers who want to purchase online? Why would we as professionals want to promote an unprofessional and difficult to navigate website?
I know this business (IT) where did you get the idea that it was unprofessional or difficult to navigate? It was simple, it was home-grown, it was the girl next door...compared to a run way model...

I'm not promoting my web design or programming skills as an Independent Pampered Chef Consultant...

I want to be someone that Jane Doe and Mary Roe feel comfortable inviting into their home to cook for them...someone who is not a pushy-polished sales person.

I've worked in a corporate/techno world for over 20 years, I wanted (as a hobby really) to do this so that I could do more with people...real people who didn't speak in sound bytes.

It's my professional opinion. It's clearly not the only opinion.

LindaK said:
I know this business (IT) where did you get the idea that it was unprofessional or difficult to navigate? It was simple, it was home-grown, it was the girl next door...compared to a run way model...

I'm not promoting my web design or programming skills as an Independent Pampered Chef Consultant...

I want to be someone that Jane Doe and Mary Roe feel comfortable inviting into their home to cook for them...someone who is not a pushy-polished sales person.

I've worked in a corporate/techno world for over 20 years, I wanted (as a hobby really) to do this so that I could do more with people...real people who didn't speak in sound bytes.

It's my professional opinion. It's clearly not the only opinion.

Oh my...I am a professional also, I am a Paralegal by trade, I have worked in the corporate world for many many years, and I have to say, this past 2 months with PC has been amazing, it is not always what we take (or are given) but what we give and then recieve....

*sorry, my 3 year old was trying to commandeer my computer!*

What I was trying to say, before I was interrupted...;-) is this....

Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to their own as we all know, and if that is the way you feel, then that is the way you feel...but don't give up so quickly, I am the such a huge skeptic when it comes to, well, ok, everything! But boy I'll tell you, this company is truly wonderful...

Good luck to you....

Last edited:
kitchencop said:
...it is not always what we take (or are given) but what we give and then recieve....

Very true.

all I can say is that now the sites all look the same. And that is a disappointment to me. I really liked the way they were more personal looking before. Made me think of the consultant more and not the company as a whole.
The main page is really busy. Granted, the new site is good to navigate, but I never had issues with them before. But I don't like that they don't look like a personal business site anymore..just a business site.

I like the list of links at the top...but felt that the links to the right under the consultants information were too close together and kind of all ran together. I have designed several websites (who hasn't these days? :p) and a few message boards, and I just don't like something that looks cluttered *to me*

Thats ok..maybe it will make more people want to have shows in their homes instead of ordering online... ;) which would be good for us too! :p

I agree Jessica Momof6. For the reasons you site...(sorry couldn't resist the pun)...

Seriously, I do agree but it's not the end of the world either way. I'm certainly not going to loose sleep over it.

Perhaps LindaK didn't get the email telling us our home page photo would be temporarily missing but that they'd get it back asap...

I'm sorry some of you are so disappointed, but when I opened mine for the first time, I was so excited I immediately emailed home office to congratulate them!

I think it's much more in line with other sites I do business with (as "just" a customer) and so fresh and appealing.

Ann F said:
I'm sorry some of you are so disappointed,

I am hoping that maybe as time goes by, they will have more options available to customize a bit.

or was the point of the change to make everyone look the same?

The web sites are they to draw interest and business from those that use the web which is primarily the younger crowd. (what is the "name" for them? - baby boomers, thirty somethings, yuppies,... what is it now? - well you get my point. ;) ) The web designers do a lot of research on what gets the attention of the market they are targeting and if you were at any of the conferences the last few years PC is definitely looking toward the Julie Christopher and younger demographics.

I think they're right on with the new sites. The Cooking Show gives the homey side to the business and the web sites give the higher tech look that says "We're not your grandma's company".

As far as the sites having the same look: They TOLD us that our pictures will be back on the front page soon and I'm sure they will add more options for us soon. Give them a break, there are a ton of changes when a new season starts and they are human and have lives too. It will come!

PS: I LOVE the new virtual catalog on the site WOO! HOO! :D :D

Last edited:
I love the fact that we have the opportunity to even have a website...there are so many direct sell companies out there that don't have a website and then there are companies out there that only have websites (which don't look any where as good our new and improved sites) and I for one am thankful that we have the chance to have everything and run our business as we choose. You don't have to have a website, but if you do it's a great tool to enhance your business. I feel so blessed to be a part of this company, a company that gives us all of these options...I feel that TPC really looks out for it's consultants and gives us most of what we want, they actually listen to us.

Just my two cents :)

LindaK said:

I had a personal picture (of Doris and me!! :) ) on my old home page. I received a couple emails and I can't remember the specifics, but it said in a pretty short amount of time, that WILL come back on our homepage. I don't know why it's not available now, but they said that the chef's hat icon will be replaced with whatever personal pictures we may have had on the homepage of our websites.

Personally I like the look of the new websites because I like having more graphics. I think that's what attracts attention. I'm not as thrilled with that little square that has "My News" section....that looks kind of busy to me. The way I look at is there are a couple different ways where visitors can contact us...through the "contact me" icon at the top and the "email me" option within "My News." I'm thinking that if guests want that personal attention and focus, it'll be pretty clear on how they do that. I think that is a great part of our job...the customer service. But, to be honest, there are lots of people out there who DON'T want that. That's why it's easy to get to our websites and access where they can browse the products. There are several ways to do this as well. Some people who are used to internet shopping are used to going on a website, completing their order and being done. I think that same idea shows through in the option on the Wedding REgistry to "opt out" of any contact with the Consultant.

I guess time will tell how our cutomsers like the site. I'm going to ask for feedback from mine to see what they think. :D

My upline director said that our pictures are only on the backpage temporarily. The little chef hat is just there for a couple weeks. I don't understand why it is being done this way....it's a techy thing with the new websites, but our picture is supposed to reappear on the homepage within a couple weeks! We just have to hang in there.

I like the new sites, I like the flash...I do agree though that I think the NEWS section little square is a little busy.

Someone said that you can upload your contacts from PP onto the website? I'd love to know how - what a GREAT thing that would be!!

I, like most of you, wish we had more colors and/or layouts to pick from. I like to change my site many times through out the season and it is just not enough.

March Consultant NewsI just read in the March CN that a special HWC template will be available in April.

I cant wait to get more designs to choose from. I like to switch mine around also. The new way is interesting and I do like the catolag better on this new site.

ange13 said:

Wedding Registry tutorial is good too, step by step instructions, with pictures! Looks easy enough to do.

And the panorama redemption chart, shows you how much you've earned so far, cool..way cool :)

I have to say I am VERY happy with all the changes technology wise this season.

ange

How do you download your contact list from PP? I've been wanting to take advantage of all the things the site can do, but I've been too lazy to update it and take everyone in PP or outlook and put it on the site. ;)

looks like they took that part out, cuz I can't find it anywhere now! I wonder if it's something they are working on(like a beta site) and somehow when they were adding new stuff it was accidentally added to the site. It looked really cool, plus it even had instructions on how to download from outlook. Ugh, wish I wouldv'e done it when I saw it! oh well, at least it is something to look forward to in the near future :)

sorry.....

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laurenncraigory
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PC_ChefCole
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views