• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions on Stir-Fry Skillet Please

In summary, the Stir Fry Skillet is a great piece of cookware, but it really depends on your cooking style. If you like to cook meals similar to those shown on Rachael Ray, then this skillet would be a great addition to your kitchen. However, if you're more of a skillet and pot guy/gal, then you may not need this particular piece.
its_me_susan
I have 900 Pan-o-rama points left and am considering the Stir-Fry Skillet for myself or a few different pieces to have for consultant gifts. Does anyone here have an opinion on the stir-fry skillet? Do you have it, but don't use it? Have it. love it? I do want it, but not if I won't end up using it much (it's so big).

Thanks in advance!
Susan :)

I have it, and I used it a bunch when I first got it, but not so much the last couple of years. It really will depend on your cooking style.

Have it and LOVE it! I do a lot of Rachael Ray-type recipes and always so my meats in the 12" and my veggies/sides in the Stir-Fry. LOVE IT!

I actually use mine alot for making chili, stews, and other soups. Alot of surface space to saute meats & veggies, and then I can just add the other ingredients on top of them. I just made White Chicken Chili in mine this weekend.

ChefBeckyD said:
I actually use mine alot for making chili, stews, and other soups. Alot of surface space to saute meats & veggies, and then I can just add the other ingredients on top of them. I just made White Chicken Chili in mine this weekend.

Thanks for all the input here. I'm not loving my SS cookware yet and have the 8 & 12-inch skillets... LOVE my executive 10-inch, but wasn't sure I wanted to use space or need to house the SS 10-inch.

I do love my veggies, so maybe I will use this piece alot. Does the 12-inch lid fit it?

its_me_susan said:
Thanks for all the input here. I'm not loving my SS cookware yet and have the 8 & 12-inch skillets... LOVE my executive 10-inch, but wasn't sure I wanted to use space or need to house the SS 10-inch.

I do love my veggies, so maybe I will use this piece alot. Does the 12-inch lid fit it?

The 12" lid does fit!

I'm not loving the SS either. I used my POR to complete my Exec. set. I'm thinking about getting the 10" SS skillet though - just to use up some points.

I played with the idea of getting the Stir Fry Skillet for a while when I had extra points. I decided in the end, if I do not use a SFS not for anything and have never missed or needed one, why do I need it now, HAHA!!!!

Susan - why dont you wait til the end of the month - maybe you'll earn more points and be able to get soemthign else?

I let a friend that is a good customer and got me several Sept bookings pick something and sold it to her for 40% as if she was the Sept host and used my points to get it. She was excited to get an additional piece and I was happy for the extra money! I had alreayd completed all that I wanted of the Executive set. I still have points left over and am waiting to see if I earn more. I have one person considering buying the cookware outright, so, I may be getting more points. If so, I may use them for the stainless skillet although I am not found of the sticking stainless just to see if I would like it. Or I may get an Execu piece to use as Christmas presents.

ChefBeckyD said:

oooh you are making me want this now!! I ordered it w/ some of my POR points because my brother said he would like it for X-mas so now its in the attic ........calling out to me!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmm, now that's a big pan! I didn't realize it was big enough to do stews and chili!?! I may have to get it after getting enough POR points!???

dannyzmom said:
Susan - why dont you wait til the end of the month - maybe you'll earn more points and be able to get soemthign else?

Well.... I have all the cookware I want at this point. Earned the Professional and executive... have pieces from 5 & 7 piece sets I don't even use... By the way everyone... if you like to double batch anything, or make large pots of soup ~ the stockpot is an AMAZING piece!!!! I got mine with my new director PC dollars and have used it sooo much! Esp. for making chicken soup with all those leftover chicken bones from the covered stone baker! LOLOL. I also make a load of corn on the cob at once too. It has earned its spot in my cabinet. :)

Anyways, I sent in for the sir-fry skillet. I've always wanted one. Never got into the whole wok thing (how is this different? Looks like it has more flat surface area and high walls?). I am excited. Anything extra I earn will do drawing for my team I think.

I love my SFS - I use it with the bamboo spatulas to make stir-fry (beef, chicken or shrimp) with veggies all the time, and it turns out perfect. I used to use my 12-in skillet more, but now I use them both evenly (casserole-type dishes in the 12-in skillet). I love every piece of my Exec. (have all pieces - just got the 12 Qt. stockpot with POR in Sept. - yay!), and all I still want is the 12-in stainless skillet (free of course - I'm 1/2-way there!).

heat123 said:
Hmm, now that's a big pan! I didn't realize it was big enough to do stews and chili!?! I may have to get it after getting enough POR points!???

If you have only seen the professional stir-fry skillet - one thing to note is that the Executive is deeper. So it makes it great for doing big batches! I love mine!:love:

ChefBeckyD said:
If you have only seen the professional stir-fry skillet - one thing to note is that the Executive is deeper. So it makes it great for doing big batches! I love mine!:love:
Yeah, I read the capacity differences! The Pro. is a 14 cup I think and the Exec. is a 19 cup! That sounds alot bigger! I am so getting this piece now! Thanks for sharing it's multiple uses! I'm not a stirfryer cook at all but I will do soups, stews and chili in it!:D

I am now thinking I will get the SF Skillet. When I started I set my goal at 1200 points to get the SS 12" Skillet, but have decided against it...don't want to spend all that time cleaning and scrubbing it. I have been with PC for 6 years and have sold 1 set of cookware...other than the set I bought at half-price...and it was when the GenII was being discontinued. I ran a sale and sold a set for a wedding gift. I have sold 3 sets and I went to conference, so I have a little over 1400 points. I may have one more set sold, but not sure. I thought about the big stock pot, but I think I will use a SS Skillet more often.

cathyskitchen said:
I love my SFS - I use it with the bamboo spatulas to make stir-fry (beef, chicken or shrimp) with veggies all the time, and it turns out perfect. I used to use my 12-in skillet more, but now I use them both evenly (casserole-type dishes in the 12-in skillet). I love every piece of my Exec. (have all pieces - just got the 12 Qt. stockpot with POR in Sept. - yay!), and all I still want is the 12-in stainless skillet (free of course - I'm 1/2-way there!).

I LOVE the 12 Qt. stockpot!!!!! Got mine for $50 before panarama was announced. Really really love it - - no more using two pots for double batches of soup, chili, etc - - I highly recommend this one!

I think I use my stir fry skillet the most out of all the pieces, I just used it last night to make spaghetti sauce, I use it for paprikas, big skillets of Hamb Helper, etc. It's great for a one pot meal. And I like the depth of it versus the 12" skillet, which I also love, but sometimes I want a deeper skillet and that one fits the bill!

I have the prof. sfs, but it's the only piece of executive I don't have...so, when my host from last night buys the cookware (I know she is!! She even said she would buy something to kick the show up to $300 if it doesn't make it!!) I'll have enough to get the executive & I'm so excited!!

So, if someone is deciding between Exec. Skillet and Stir Fry Skillet most would vote SFS?

I'd definitely vote SFS! I love mine and I feel like it can do everything that the Exec can and has its additional benefits. :D

By Exec Skillet, do you mean Exec 12" Skillet?

janetupnorth said:
So, if someone is deciding between Exec. Skillet and Stir Fry Skillet most would vote SFS?

Would still pick skillet - I think it appeals to more people (at shows) & love the skillet cakes I made for every big crowd.

its_me_susan said:
Would still pick skillet - I think it appeals to more people (at shows) & love the skillet cakes I made for every big crowd.
I love the cake skillets but I cannot to try the stir fry skillet for my next batch of stew and chili!

for me, I really like both pieces, but I have to say I do use my SFS more than my 12 in skillet, so for ME, yes, I would choose that one.

janetupnorth said:

I would go with the 12" skillet first - I think this one has more universal appeal for people. I love my SFS, but don't really use it for shows. I use the 12" all the time for shows!

ChefBeckyD said:
I would go with the 12" skillet first - I think this one has more universal appeal for people. I love my SFS, but don't really use it for shows. I use the 12" all the time for shows!

The Ex. 12" skillet and lid was what I was aiming for and I'm pretty sure I have enough points right now for that.

Pending some November miracle, that is probably what I will get.

janetupnorth said:
The Ex. 12" skillet and lid was what I was aiming for and I'm pretty sure I have enough points right now for that.

Pending some November miracle, that is probably what I will get.

Congratulations, that's a great piece (they all are)!!!!! You'll be able to show people how they can cook a meal for families, a dozen scrambled eggs with leftover veggies for drop in company, brown 4 pounds of ground meat - the "collections" CD has some really terrific ideas to share.

My Stir fry pan arrived and is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I mean really impressive. I haven't used it yet.... Not sure why not. I'm thinking you could even make soup in there, no?

its_me_susan said:
My Stir fry pan arrived and is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I mean really impressive. I haven't used it yet.... Not sure why not. I'm thinking you could even make soup in there, no?

I use mine for soups and chilis all the time - more than I do for Stirfry!

Thanks guys... NOW I WANT THE STIR FRY SKILLET! lol. I have every other piece of the Executive collection and didn't think i needed this since I use my 12" skillet every night, now i want this too!! I better get earning more POR points!!

1. What are the main features of the Stir-Fry Skillet?

The Stir-Fry Skillet is a versatile, non-stick pan with a large cooking surface and high sides, perfect for stir-frying vegetables, meats, and noodles. It also has a long handle for easy tossing and flipping, and a glass lid for steaming or simmering foods.

2. How does the Stir-Fry Skillet compare to other Pampered Chef cookware?

The Stir-Fry Skillet is one of our most popular and highly rated cookware pieces. It is designed to be used on all stovetops, including induction, and is oven-safe up to 450°F. Its high-quality construction and non-stick coating make it a durable and easy-to-clean option for all your cooking needs.

3. Do you have to use a lot of oil when cooking with the Stir-Fry Skillet?

No, the non-stick coating on the Stir-Fry Skillet allows you to cook with minimal oil, making it a healthier option for stir-frying. You can also use cooking sprays or broth for even lower fat options.

4. Is the Stir-Fry Skillet too big for everyday use?

While the Stir-Fry Skillet does have a large cooking surface, it can still be used for everyday cooking. Its high sides make it perfect for making large batches of stir-fry, but it can also be used for sautéing, searing, and even making sauces and curries.

5. Can the Stir-Fry Skillet be used as a gift for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, the Stir-Fry Skillet makes a great gift for Pampered Chef consultants. Its high-quality construction and versatility make it a useful addition to any kitchen, and its large size makes it perfect for cooking for a crowd. Plus, with 900 Pan-o-rama points, you can get it for free!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • n8vtxn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas