• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions on Beaded Serving Set

In summary, the Worth getting? set is great for people who entertain and want to look fancy. They are heavier than you might think and are nicer in person than they look in the catalog.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Worth getting?

I saw it at NC but not sure if it is worth it or not (at 60% off...).

What do you think?

I personally won't use mine ever but they are much prettier in person than in the catalog. I hand them around at my shows. I've had people purchase a few.

I think they are great...I think it just depends on if you entertain or not.

I don't entertain at home, but my trifle bowl comes with me at least once a month somewhere with a dessert.

The spoon is great for the trifle bowl.

The Catalog Does Not Do Them Justice, They Are Heavier Than You Might Think. I Have Used Mine At A Couple Of Shows And I Will Be Using Them This Christmas. A Little Dressy For Everyday Use Though. No One Has Bought One Yet But They Do Like The Weight. I HAVE USED MINE IN SERVING TRIFLES.

I was wondering about the set as well. I was thinking of the small spoon from the chef's tools for the trfile bowl. Will that work or would you need the regular chef's tolls spoon? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I currently use the spoon from the outdoor serving set or the larger spoon from the chef tools. I remember thinking I wanted this for the trifle bowl, but I always second-guess myself especially with the cost...I could get another trifle bowl for that. (Of course I have enough of those!)

Janet - take the trifle bowl! I personally think they look cheap and will never use them (anyone want them??)

PamperedDor said:
Janet - take the trifle bowl! I personally think they look cheap and will never use them (anyone want them??)

Well then I should take the bowl and your serving set? ;)

I love my beaded set and think it looks great with the trifle bowl. I have had so many compliments and have sold a ton when I pair the two together.

I like mine and bring them to all my shows. I have to say that EVERY booth I've put them out at, they get a lot of people to stop and look. They're very eye-catching. And I always use the spoon when I serve/make trifles. I love them!

I was pleasantly surpised too. I thought they looked cheap in the catalog, but when I got them I was very impressed with the weight of them and how nice they felt in the hand. They definately dress up the table..

I agree, they are much better quality than I expected. They are also a great compliment to the trifle bowl. That was one issue I had with the trifle bowl, there were no available serving tools to go with it until these came along.

I only have the spoon and I love it! It is super heavy duty, not a wimpy spoon at all! It is also much prettier in person. You can have it on your table for Valentine's day, all patriotic holidays and in the fall and Christmas seasons...it's very nice.
Deb

zmom58 said:
I only have the spoon and I love it! It is super heavy duty, not a wimpy spoon at all! It is also much prettier in person. You can have it on your table for Valentine's day, all patriotic holidays and in the fall and Christmas seasons...it's very nice.
Deb

I totally agree with this and that it compliments the trifle bowl perfectly. Before we got this set, I used the green spoon from the outdoor set at shows (the old stainless spoon at home) and I thought the green spoon looked tacky compared to this. I personally don't like the look of using the Cooks Tools Spoon with the trifle bowl so before the green spoon I used either a bamboo spoon or a mix n scraper. I an thrilled with the beaded spoon.

I just sold my set, as I personally don't like them, I think they are ok, the quality is great, very heavy, but I just don't care for them. So one of my hostesses called and asked if she could buy the set I've been taking to shows and I said yes.

I also don't like that they are beads and water has to get between them and I don't like that and how it could hold some maybe. Just the thought makes me not like them.

I think I"ll throw in the spreader free, as then she'll have the entire set.

Lisa

I haven't used the fork. I use the spoon all the time for trifles (it's perfect and looks so nice with it). I use the spreader a lot too.

I took the spoon home at Thanksgiving to serve up some trifle, and my family remarked on how 50s glam it looked. I had to agree.

Just got mine and think they are really nice. The spreader is nice too.

I like them and I have had some of my hostess choosing them. Even if they do or don't have the trifle bowl.. I always get the comment on how they are nice and heavy.

I think I'm getting a set (I have enough trifle bowls!). I'm tired of using green plastic to serve and it will appear more classy.

Thanks for the opinions both ways!

janetupnorth said:
I think I'm getting a set (I have enough trifle bowls!). I'm tired of using green plastic to serve and it will appear more classy.

Thanks for the opinions both ways!

It does look a lot better than the green spoon!

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I was wondering about the set as well. I was thinking of the small spoon from the chef's tools for the trfile bowl. Will that work or would you need the regular chef's tolls spoon? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I use my Chef's Tools Small Spoon all the time for trifles at shows and I LOVE it for that...perfect portion size to make sure everyone gets a nice helping. I'm not 100% sold on the beaded servers...I have the fork and will probably be gifting it to someone (never been used).

They are one of those products that you have to see in person. Since I started taking them to my shows, everyone is remarking on how heavy they are and they're so glad to see/hold them. And yes, it makes a classy presentation when serving trifles! I made the black forest trifle at a show Friday & one guest bought the serving set....she wanted to make that recipe & wanted to serve it just like I did:thumbup:

I like the looks of the server set; however, the beads on my spoon turn making it impossible to serve with.... Of course I did not try it until this month when I started using it together with the Trifle Bowl... I will replace it after Christmas. I make sure I show it to guests before I start serving with it. No one has asked to use it thanls goodness.

I am also afraid od the "little germs" that might get caught down inside of the beads... nothing a dosing of bleach won't kill :)

They are very eye catching and guests like them a lot....

However, I can't suggest anything better than our very versitile - year round Trifle Bowl...

Last edited:
if you set them out with the appy plate stand with the white and cranberry plates alternating, it sets a cute table... I also use the Oval cranberry platter.

I thought they looked cheap in the catalog, but once I got them I think they are very pretty. I would definately get it, especially if you already have the trifle bowl. They are a nice compliment.

PCGINA said:
I like the looks of teh server set; however, the beads on my spoon turn making it impossibile to serve with.... Ofcourse I did not try it until this month when I started using it together with the Trifle Bowl... I will replace it after Christmas. I make sure I show it to guests before I start serving with it. Noone has asked to use it thanls goodness.

I am also afraid od the "little germs" that might get caught down inside of the beads... nothting a dosing of bleach won't kill :)

They are very eye catching and guests like them a lot....

However, I can't suggest anything better than our very versitile - year round Trifle Bowl...

I was wondering about this, because mine does the same thing. I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I have been having guests dish themselves, so I am nervous about it. People still are impressed with them. I really like them. They compliment the trifle bowl so well. It's nice to have something more elegant than plastic. :)

....however, the beads on my spoon turn making it impossible to serve with...

Is anybody else seeing this? I will replace them AFTER Christams... Until then .... I used a spot of super glue to keep the beads from turning... It is only on my spoon - not the fork...and - well - I haven't had teh opportuity to use the fork...

~ G

I love:love: the beaded serving set, so pretty. We entertain alot, so I have gotten alot of use of of them. I have sold a few, alot of people say how pretty theya re but then say they would never use them.

1. What is a beaded serving set?

A beaded serving set is a set of utensils used for serving food, typically consisting of a spoon, fork, and knife. The unique feature of a beaded serving set is that it has intricate beadwork or designs on the handles, adding a decorative touch to the set.

2. Is the beaded serving set worth getting?

This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you are looking for a unique and decorative serving set, then the beaded serving set may be worth getting. However, if you are more concerned with functionality and practicality, you may want to consider other options.

3. Where can I find a beaded serving set?

Beaded serving sets can be found at various stores, both online and in physical locations. They can often be found at specialty kitchenware stores, home goods stores, and online retailers. You may also be able to find them at craft fairs or artisan markets.

4. What is the quality of the beaded serving set?

The quality of a beaded serving set can vary depending on where you purchase it from. It is important to read reviews and do research on the brand and materials used before making a purchase. Generally, a higher price may indicate better quality, but this is not always the case.

5. Is the beaded serving set on sale at NC worth it?

This is a difficult question to answer definitively, as it ultimately depends on your personal opinion and budget. However, if the set is 60% off, it may be a good deal and worth considering. It is important to also consider the quality and functionality of the set before making a purchase solely based on the discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • cdnmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cdnmom
Replies