• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting an Open House: Ideas and Tips

In summary, Linda is planning an Open House and is hesitant to have it at her home. She is thinking of doing an event that is only 1 1/2 hours long and is called a cooking show. She is giving out flyers and tickets for different prizes.
LakesideMom
Hello everyone!

I am still trying to get bookings and I'm not having a lot of success. So, I am thinking of doing an Open House. I am hesitant to have it at my home though. The thought of strangers coming and going doesn't excite me. Maybe it's because I have two little ones . . . I don't know.

Has anyone done an Open House in a meeting room? There are some local businesses that have rooms - I'm going to hit them up until I find one. The challenge will be not having a stove/oven. I would probably pick up a single burner electric unit at Walmart and cook on it. Maybe do a microwave recipe.

Any ideas?

I put together the attached flyer - in black and white only so I can just copy it onto bright paper instead of printing out a lot of color. I guess it is more of a cooking show because it is only 1 1/2 hours - not a half day thing but I'm calling it an open house.

Attachments

• Open House Flyer.doc
    73 KB · Views: 865
I honestly don't like to call shows I do at my house an open house. People tend to be more wishy washy about coming to open houses. I would call it an actual cooking show. People will treat it more like a cooking show and maybe have more commitment to coming. Thats just my personal feelings about open houses. Give the flyers to everyone you know and call everyone to remind them of your show. If you have time and are giving flyers out in your neighborhood knock on the door and try to give them the flyer personally. That way they will at least have a face to the "flyer" and you can possibly get their phone # if they are interested. You may even be able to get a couple of bookings handing out flyers. Your flyers look great by the way. The only thing I would change is calling it a cooking show, but thats me personally.

I have 2 little ones also, but I just have my husband take them while I do the show. If your husband can't maybe a friend or a relative can watch them.

Good luck and I hope you get alot of bookings.

Thank you - great idea - I will change the name.

Door Prizes!Be sure to have a door prize drawing. Even if it's something small - people LOVE free stuff! Give out lots of tickets for different things, such as:

RSVP = 1 ticket
Place an Order = 5 tickets (I also like to give additional tickets for thier order total - for example each $25 in product total gets you another ticket so, $75 order = 3 more tickets)
Bring a friend = 1 ticket
Bring an Outside Order = 5 tickets (plus I give them the extra tickets for each $25 in the order)
Book a show:
This month = 15 tickets
Next Month 10 tickets
Book a show on a Specific Date = 25 tickets (do this if you have special dates that you are trying to book)
Book a catalog show = 10 tickets

I did this for my Mystery Host show I held last month and it was a great success. I used this ticket system to pick my Mystery Host.

Lots of Luck!
Linda

janel kelly said:
I honestly don't like to call shows I do at my house an open house. People tend to be more wishy washy about coming to open houses. I would call it an actual cooking show. People will treat it more like a cooking show and maybe have more commitment to coming.
I totally agree. I don't plan on calling it an open house anymore. Last September I did a "Stoneware Workshop" and it was pretty much all about stones. I had the best attendance than I ever have had for a party I did myself. I don't do an in-person fundraiser for HWC, it's all online. Next year I think I may tie it into a Cinco de Mayo party and do a big kick off for HWC. Then those will probably be my two "consultant-hosted" shows I'll do every year. Who knows, maybe I'll throw one in around the holidays although I already do a gift bazaar/open house with some other vendors every November.

Anyway, host coach yourself, as you've probably already seen on here. Make reminder calls or think of excuses to call the guests....like have an "ugly spatula" contest and the ugliest one wins a new scraper or something like that. That way a few days before the show, you'll have a good excuse to call EVERYONE. You'll have much better attendance that way. The Mystery Host show always seems to attract attention and I like the idea of the various tickets as described above.

Good luck!!:D

Great ideas! Thank you!

What is an Open House and why should I host one?

An Open House is an event where you invite friends, family, and acquaintances to your home to see and experience the products of Pampered Chef. It is a great opportunity to try out new recipes, learn about kitchen tools, and have a fun time with loved ones. Hosting an Open House can earn you free products and discounts on future purchases.

How do I prepare for an Open House?

Start by creating a guest list and sending out invitations. Plan the menu and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools. Set up your kitchen and dining area for the event, making sure there is enough seating and space for demonstrations. Don't forget to order any products you want to showcase and have them ready for display.

What are some ideas for making my Open House unique?

You can theme your Open House, such as a Mexican Fiesta or Italian Night, and serve corresponding food and drinks. You can also have a specific focus, such as hosting a cooking class or teaching guests how to meal prep. Another idea is to have a potluck-style event where each guest brings a dish made with Pampered Chef products.

How can I get more people to attend my Open House?

Spread the word through social media, email, and word of mouth. Offer incentives for guests who bring a friend, such as extra entries into a raffle or a discount on their purchase. You can also partner with other local businesses or organizations to cross-promote your event.

What are some tips for a successful Open House?

Be organized and have a schedule for the event. Make sure to have enough food and drinks for your guests. Have a variety of products on display and demonstrate how to use them. Encourage guests to try out the products and ask questions. Lastly, have fun and enjoy the event with your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
  • Stephaniechefs
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • krzymomof4