• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did anyone else have a disappointing turnout at their open house?

I'm hoping that people who get the catalogs will be more likely to show up to the open house. I think it's really important to do a follow-up call...or at least send an email reminder. Especially if you are using a different delivery method (like mailing) because people might forget. I hope that this helps. Have fun hosting your open house!
Princess
Hey guys, I have a open house next week, and I'm nervous about having no one show up....got any feedback or would like to share what happened at your open house?

Thanks

I'm thinking of having one in April, I think I'll have my sample kit and the pink and white polka dot cups and squares and have ordered the pink guest specials for display...that will hopefully motivate for the HWC May bookings...

Also, I think I'll have recipes pre-made and do the cucumber and lime demos at various intervals....

I haven't completely decided, but those are my thoughts.

What are things that have worked for you all?

Thanks,
Linda

I'm putting out all the spring product I can, plus whatever else I have that isn't discountinued and my director is lending me some of her stuff as well. I'm going to have a few recipes made from our season's best cookbook...plus have a few small door prizes. Mine is a mystery host party.

I'm just nervous that no one will RSVP..I have sent out 38 emails and hand delivering some to the people on my street. I'll be really disappointed if no one shows. I know I should think positive!

Call or send an e-mail as a gentle reminder, tell them that you want to make sure you have enough treats on hand for everyone...do you think you'll be able to at least stop by...something like that?

Be sure to host coach yourself. Do all the things you are coaching your hosts to do, such as OVER inviting, doing reminder calls, following up with people about outside orders, etc. I'd say the reminder calls are THE most important part. A lot of people don't call it an "open house" because that gives guests the impression they can just stop by, then they're not as likely to do it. Call it a "product preview" show or Spring Fling or something.

Good luck with it! I would do a demo just like you would at a show and maybe have a couple other things pre-made. :)

pamperedbecky said:
Be sure to host coach yourself. Do all the things you are coaching your hosts to do, such as OVER inviting, doing reminder calls, following up with people about outside orders, etc. I'd say the reminder calls are THE most important part. A lot of people don't call it an "open house" because that gives guests the impression they can just stop by, then they're not as likely to do it. Call it a "product preview" show or Spring Fling or something.

Good luck with it! I would do a demo just like you would at a show and maybe have a couple other things pre-made. :)

Thanks for the advice...I really like the "product preview" title....

I just wanted to share that I had a Spring KICK OFF yesterday. I thought that was a fun title. I invited a lot of people!! I even opened a web site for the people who couldn't come..I probably sent out at least 30 invitations and handed out another 30..I had 7 people show up and 1 do an online order. I am more than disappointed! I was really excited and made a lot of food. I'm going to keep the show open until end of this week I think so I can collect outside orders but still it was very irritating having people say they would come and then not..now I know how our hosts feel! But GOOD LUCK with yours! It's a fun time to show off all the neat Spring stuff!

On the Bookings thread I posted that I am doing a Spring Fling open house. I have no idea if it'll work or not, but I am committing to sending out 100 paper invitations, plus some around the neighborhood. I figured for an open house, that would be a good number.

I'll let you know the results on the other thread. The Open House is on March 25th.

Love+
Rachel

I'm doing an open house as well, next Saturday. I'm just not planning it because I really want to make sure I get 2 shows in before the 15th becuase I really want the Help Whip Cancer Cups!
I hope it goes well!

I'm doing my Open House on Tuesday, 2/21. I sent out the mini catalogs to every person that had ever ordered from me (close to 100) and then sent out invites to everyone in my neighborhood. For my neighbors, I ordered door hangers from Nancy's Artwork (They are the checker board style so you have to call to order them) and called it a "Neighborhood New Product Preview". Of course I don't have phone numbers for my neighbors to follow up with them but I will be calling on all the mini catalogs that I sent out. I also set up the show on my website and e-mailed all of my out-of-town family and friends to encourage them to checkout my website and place orders!

I, too, am nervous that nobody will show up but if I have a few people show up and place orders, it was worth it! I'll let you know how my show turns out!

My open house was a flop. I sent out emails (over 125) and got a few responses of people who would be there. I had 2 show up. I had prepared snacks for 30 or so. Luckily, my church ate the leftovers. We hadn't had a really pretty weekend in a while and it was gorgeous that day - so I am blaming the weather.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

1. What is an "Open House" event?

An "Open House" event is a gathering where a Pampered Chef consultant invites friends, family, and potential customers to learn more about our products and experience them first-hand through live demonstrations and tastings.

2. How do I find out about upcoming "Open House" events?

You can find out about upcoming "Open House" events by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or checking our website for event listings. You can also follow us on social media for updates on upcoming events.

3. Do I need to RSVP for an "Open House" event?

Yes, it is recommended to RSVP for an "Open House" event so the consultant can plan accordingly for the number of attendees. This will also ensure that you have a spot reserved and any necessary materials or samples are prepared for you.

4. What can I expect at an "Open House" event?

At an "Open House" event, you can expect to see live product demonstrations, taste delicious recipes, and have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about our products. You can also place orders and take advantage of any special offers or discounts available only at the event.

5. Can I bring a friend to an "Open House" event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring friends or family members to an "Open House" event. The more, the merrier! It's a great opportunity for them to learn about our products and experience them in person. Just make sure to include them in your RSVP so the consultant can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • thehaleykitchen