• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Effective Strategies for Selling at a Housewarming Party?

In summary, the conversation discussed plans for an open house event where the speaker would showcase products and take orders for a housewarming party. They discussed tips for making the event successful, such as having snacks and demonstrations available, as well as door prizes to attract attention. The speaker also shared their experience with previous open houses and how they were successful without a traditional demonstration. They also mentioned their plans for raffles and door prizes to incentivize purchases. Overall, the conversation focused on making the open house a fun and engaging experience for attendees.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Tomorrow I'm doing a "show" sorta. I have two friends who just moved into a house and are having a housewarming party tomorrow. It's an open house and they've given me their wishlist and want me to set up a table and have catalogs and the wishlist out for their friends to buy them a housewarming gift if theh want. At this point their wishlist doesn't even total up $150 (although I talked to them tonight and they said I could add pretty much all the stoneware!). One of them said some gals at her work expressed interest so I am going to give her some catalogs and OOF so hopefully that will boost sales. But I wondered if you guys have any tips on making this a worthwhile show? I won't be doing a demo, and don't want to be too pushy. I also don't want to stand there in my little apron by the display table. I have a feeling people wouldn't approach me. I'm debating wearing my apron at all, but don't have any other way for them to know I'm the consultant. The gals will be making a bunch of PC recipes for the munchies.

Do you have any Season's Best laying around or other door prizes? Could you do a door prize once an hour? That way you get their attention and kind of remind them..."hey! I'm over here! this is the other reason we're here!!" without having to actually say it. I would be afraid without a demo and no actual agenda that they will forget the PC part of PC housewarming.

I would also recommend having some snacks at your table as well. I also bring veggies with me to show off the food chopper, ultimate mandolin, and and the microplane if you can. I would also bring a lot of garlic to show off the peeler and slicer. You can do these without a presentation! Good luck!

I had an open house with lots of food in all the pc products. I did not do an actual demonstration but I did set up two cutting boards. On one, I set up the garlic peeler/slicer and on the other I had a bunch of pineapples. I told people how much I loved the garlic press but now this is my new toy. Played with it and encouraged my friends to do the same. I also had choc. chips and small pieces of parm cheese to show them how it works in it as well.with the pineapple wedger, every 15 minutes I would use half a pineapple to show them the wedger. Then I used the kernel cutter to scrape off the excess pineapple on the peel. I cut it into thin slices with my 5" santoku (My favorite knife) and placed it in the 4 qt collapsible bowl. sold a lot just because they got to play with the items. You are not being pushy when you do this - people genuinely enjoy trying the products before they buy them.

I've done several open houses. I never do a demo at open houses. I have food available. I make sure that I greet each person and invite them to play with the tools and ask questions. I hand each person a kit--catalog, order form, and monthly special. I make sure there are plenty of chairs in my area, so people can stay a while. My last open house (about 18 months ago) losed at just over $1,000, so it works for me.

I also did door prizes - tiny things to give out (spices, last year's season's best) but then had a few raffle prizes set up. People got raffle tickets depending on how much they spent, if they brought a friend, rsvp'd. Did it where they could pick what they wanted to win. Also raffled off the host benefits and half off items since it was my own open house.

The tricky thing is, this didn't start out as a PC party, so no one knows it's gonna be there. The two girls want to host an actual cooking show later, but they asked if I could just have stuff out for their already happening party. I don't want to feel like I'm taking over the party. But I do think I'll have some hands-on stuff out there with some signs saying "TRY ME" or something like that.

mrshamel3808 said:
The tricky thing is, this didn't start out as a PC party, so no one knows it's gonna be there. The two girls want to host an actual cooking show later, but they asked if I could just have stuff out for their already happening party. I don't want to feel like I'm taking over the party. But I do think I'll have some hands-on stuff out there with some signs saying "TRY ME" or something like that.
yeah it's a tough situation because the guests aren't really attending a PC presentation they are there for their friend's open house. I would advise you not to spend too much money on free giveaways since the two girls will be hosting at a later day. Plus the guests will probably have brought their own gift to the new owner (didn't you say that they don't know you're there) From my own experience I only do a presentation if I know I'll sell, for me time is money, I remember a bachelorette for another product I sold last year. Nobody bought for themself and they each gave $ 5 for the bride wooohooo a whole $30 - I lost money for sure - I had entertained the girls before they left for the bars, I gave free stuff etc; I'll know never to do a presentation if I'm not the main attraction. Usually if people show up; they'll buy something.

I wish you all the best and please post how you made out !!!

maybe you could try to do the "PC Pool" (read thread for info), and see if folks would want to 'donate' a dollar or two to the pool and then either use it as a prize giveaway to folks or maybe something they'll split with the Open-House host? The winner gets half for themselves and the host gets the other half to buy something for her new house?just an idea...I've never tried it.

So, two people ordered (one being my mom! lol) so since the other person only bought for the girls and paid cash, I'm just going to save these orders til they host their show. I'm kinda bummed because I really needed this show to make my sell-a-thon goal, so I'm hoping to at least do their show in June. It was even less than I thought because not alot of their adult friends come. It was alot of younger people (I know them through working in youth ministry).

What is an "Open House W/No Demo" event?

An "Open House W/No Demo" event is a party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant where guests can browse and purchase products without a formal demonstration. It is a more casual and relaxed way to introduce friends and family to the Pampered Chef products.

Can I still try out products at an "Open House W/No Demo" event?

Yes, you can still try out products at an "Open House W/No Demo" event. The consultant will have product samples available for guests to test and experience the quality of the products.

Do I have to make a purchase at an "Open House W/No Demo" event?

No, there is no pressure to make a purchase at an "Open House W/No Demo" event. Guests are welcome to simply browse and ask questions about the products without feeling obligated to buy anything.

Can I bring a friend to an "Open House W/No Demo" event?

Absolutely! In fact, bringing a friend to an "Open House W/No Demo" event is a great way to introduce them to the Pampered Chef products and have a fun and relaxed shopping experience together.

Are there any special deals or promotions at an "Open House W/No Demo" event?

Yes, there may be special deals and promotions offered at an "Open House W/No Demo" event. Some consultants may offer exclusive discounts or free products for guests who make a purchase at the event. Be sure to ask your consultant about any current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
raebates
  • jendill
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies