• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Open House Tips from a First-Time Host - Stephanie's Guide

In summary, Stephanie recommends changing the name of the open house to something catchy like "stop and shop" or "pre-holiday home shop." She also recommends having a start time to get everyone there at the same time, raffling off door prizes, and having a Mystery Host Party.
Stephaniechefs
I am hosting my first open house this weekend and would welcome any tips on what has worked for you.

Thanks!! Stephanie:)

Not calling it an Open House is the most important thing I can think of.

call it something catchy like "stop and shop" or "pre-holiday home shop". Off a door prize every so often when you have several people there at once. DO NOT get discouraged if you do not get a lot of orders. Talk to EVERYONE.

Is this your Grand Opening Show?
I had my first one last week & this is what I did -
had a start time to get everyone there the same time.
I had 3 little door prizes (2 SB & one orange peeler) that I handed out when people asked about my business
I had a Mystery Host Party, so I raffled off the Host Special, 2-1/2 off items & a 25% off shopping spree (they had to wait to the end, so I knew what the sales were). Plus I raffled off two potted mums that I had bought.
Good luck & have fun! :)

Interesting that most of you recommend I change the name, both my team leader and my Director have called it that, so I figured that was the way to go. I do have to be careful bc I live in a deed restricted neighborhood. I guess you could call it my grand opening, I started in August with some succes, but have basically gone back to the drawing board to get more parties booked. I will go with the door prize suggestions. Actually had been thinking of it. Have any of you tried the neighborhood mailer and received any success with it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Be sure to tell EVERYONE....friends, family, group members, school buddies....everyone. Get outside orders for those who can not attend...even better, ask them to book a show. I also did a Mystery Host for my Kick Off Show.

Ask friends to pick up an order or two for you. Ask everyone who says they're coming to bring one or two people you do not know.

Have fun, and ask everyone who does attend to help you expand your business by agreeing to host a cooking or catalog show.

Wishing you much success!

I do an "auction" every August. I offer $100 bills I had made. They can earn the $100 bills by RSVPing, attending, bringing a friend, ordering, placing an order over $60, etc. (really whatever you want to reward). I have samples of the new recipes (usually about 6). Then we use the $100 bills they earned and I "auction" off items I have earned or nabbed on host 60% off items they didn't use. It's getting bigger every year! This year, I even ran out of food and my sis had to go to get pizza!

1. What is the purpose of an open house event?

An open house event is a great way to showcase Pampered Chef products and introduce them to potential customers. It allows guests to see, touch, and try out the products, and learn more about the company and its mission. It also provides an opportunity for guests to ask questions and make purchases.

2. How can I effectively promote my open house event?

There are several ways to promote your open house event. You can use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to create buzz and share event details. You can also send out personalized invitations to friends, family, and neighbors. Additionally, consider setting up a table or display at local events or markets to reach a wider audience.

3. Should I offer any special promotions or discounts during the open house?

Offering special promotions or discounts during the open house can be a great way to incentivize guests to make purchases. You can offer a discount on specific products or have a buy one, get one free deal. You could also offer a free gift with purchase or a raffle for a popular product. Just be sure to set clear guidelines and communicate the promotions effectively to avoid any confusion.

4. What should I prepare for the open house event?

First and foremost, make sure you have enough Pampered Chef products on hand for guests to see and try out. It's also a good idea to have some samples or small bites prepared using Pampered Chef tools to showcase their functionality. Additionally, have order forms, catalogs, and business cards available for guests to take home. Finally, be sure to have a welcoming and enthusiastic attitude to make guests feel comfortable and excited about the products.

5. How can I make my open house event a success?

To make your open house event a success, it's important to plan and promote it effectively, have a well-stocked and organized display, and offer special promotions or discounts. Additionally, be sure to engage with guests and provide helpful information and demonstrations. Encourage guests to try out the products and let them know how they can purchase them. Lastly, follow up with guests after the event to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lsm72
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • Christa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedangie
  • ChefJoyJ