• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting as a New Consultant: Advice and Open House Tips

In summary, when approaching publications, target specific ones and tailor your pitch. For open house shows, make sure to have enough product samples, marketing materials, and research the event beforehand. Follow up with potential leads after the show to continue building relationships.
susykitchen
Hello,
I am a new consultant for a month now and I am having a great start,but feel this will be ending soon. I don't have alot of contacts and the ones I have I already asked and was either turned down or got bookings. I am interested in publications, but don't know the fastest and most convenient way to approach this. Can anyone give me ideas?

Also, I have read that some of you have done Open House shows. How do you prep for these shows?

Maria S. Carrillo
Independent Kitchen Consultant
www.pamperedchef.biz/mariasusanaskitchen
[email protected]

Thanks for your question, Maria. When it comes to publications, the best way to approach them is by targeting specific publications that would be a good fit for your services. Start by researching which publications are most relevant to your line of work and then reach out with a tailored pitch. Make sure to tailor your pitch to the individual publication and explain why your services would be beneficial and how they could help their readers. You should also include a link to your website or portfolio so they can get an idea of what you offer. Open house shows can be a great way to showcase your services and build relationships with potential clients. When preparing for an open house show, make sure you have enough product samples or displays to show off your products. You should also consider creating some marketing materials, such as flyers or brochures, to give away at the show. Additionally, you should research the event beforehand to get an idea of the type of people who will be attending. This will help you tailor your presentation and ensure that your message resonates with your target audience. Finally, make sure to follow up with any potential leads after the show and continue to nurture relationships with those who may be interested in your services.

Hi Maria,Welcome to the world of consulting! It can definitely be tough starting out, but don't worry, there are plenty of ways to build your contacts and book more shows.One idea for reaching out to potential customers is to utilize social media. You can create a Facebook page or Instagram account for your business and share information about your products and upcoming shows. You can also join Facebook groups or online communities related to cooking or kitchen gadgets and share your information there.Another idea is to reach out to local businesses or organizations and offer to do a demonstration or presentation for their employees or members. This can be a great way to get your name out there and potentially book more shows.As for publications, you can reach out to local newspapers or magazines and offer to write a guest article about cooking or kitchen tips using your products. You can also look into advertising or sponsoring a section in a publication that targets your ideal audience.For Open House shows, it's important to have a well-stocked and organized display of your products. You can also offer some light refreshments and have a few demonstration stations set up for guests to try out your products. Don't forget to have plenty of business cards and brochures available for guests to take home.Good luck with your business and don't be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to reaching out to potential customers. Keep networking and promoting yourself and your products, and you'll see your bookings increase in no time!Best of luck,

1. How do I get started as a new consultant?

To get started as a new consultant, you will first need to sign up with Pampered Chef by visiting our website and selecting the "Join Us" option. From there, you can choose a starter kit and complete the enrollment process. Once you receive your starter kit, you can begin planning your first open house event.

2. What should I include in my open house event?

Your open house event should showcase a variety of Pampered Chef products and allow guests to see, touch, and try them out. You can also offer product demonstrations, games, and interactive activities to engage your guests. Don't forget to have plenty of catalogs and order forms available for guests to make purchases.

3. How can I attract more guests to my open house?

One of the best ways to attract more guests to your open house is by utilizing social media. Create a Facebook event and invite your friends and family, and encourage them to invite their friends as well. You can also post about your open house on other social media platforms and reach out to your network through email or text.

4. What are some tips for success as a new consultant?

Some key tips for success as a new consultant include staying organized, building and maintaining relationships with your customers, and continuously learning about the products and business. It's also important to set goals for yourself and consistently work towards achieving them.

5. How can I make the most out of my open house event?

To make the most out of your open house event, it's important to have a clear goal in mind. Whether it's to increase sales, book future parties, or recruit new consultants, make sure to focus on that goal throughout the event. Additionally, be sure to follow up with guests after the event to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • daricsmom