• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Recipe Ideas for the Busy Hostess

In summary, the author is having a vendor open house this weekend and is looking for recipes to bring. She likes recipes that do not have to be kept cool or warm, and that are still good after being brought to the open house. Some suggestions are the taffy apple tartlets, primavera potato bites, morrocan hummus cups, and the beer bread.
Hunter Mom
I'm having a vendor open house this weekend at my home with several other ladies. I'm going to do a recipe or two, but they need to be good to leave out for a couple of hours and not look trashed when the later folks come. Ideas? I'm just drawing a blank.

I would make bite size recipes like maybe the taffy apple tartlets (love!), primavera potato bites, morrocan hummus cups (unassembled), etc. That way people can just grab one and not mess up the rest...

Definitely about the finger foods.

These work well (I made them for my Past Host Appreciation Party)

Grilled Chicken Penne Alfresco
Cream Cheese with any of our sauces
S'mores Cups
Sugar cookies made with Lemon Sprinkles
Beer Bread
Strawberry Coc nut Tres Leches Trifle (probably any trifle)

I likes these because they did not have to be kept cool or warm and still tasted good.

If you've got the DCB, you could make the Easy Beef Salsa Dip...it lasts pretty well and you could leave it in there and reheat as necessary

I made the Sweet & Salty Party Mix for my Open House and it was a hit. I also made the Greek Cheese Torta recipe but, rather than making it in the Small Batter Bowl, I split it into two of the 2-cup Prep Bowls. That way, you can use one up first and then set the other out.

The cream cheese with either Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce or Raspberry Habanero Sauce is another suggestion. Just cut the cream cheese in half and replenish as you need it. I did a couple of other non-Pampered Chef recipes too but I usually try to split any of them in half so you can have some ready when the open house starts and put out fresh half-way through. (I do mine for 5 hours). Good luck!

What are some quick and easy recipe ideas for an open house?

Some easy recipe ideas for an open house could be crockpot meatballs, a cheese platter with crackers and fruit, vegetable dip cups, bruschetta toast, and mini quiches.

Can I make any of these recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many of these recipes can be made ahead of time to save you time and stress on the day of the open house. For example, the crockpot meatballs can be made the day before and reheated before serving.

Do you have any suggestions for vegetarian or gluten-free options?

For vegetarian options, you could make a veggie platter with hummus or a spinach and feta phyllo tart. For gluten-free options, you could serve gluten-free crackers with the cheese platter and make a gluten-free crust for the mini quiches.

How can I make my open house food look more visually appealing?

One way to make your food more visually appealing is by using different serving dishes and platters. You can also add garnishes such as fresh herbs or sliced fruit to add color and make the food more appealing.

Are there any recipes that require minimal cooking or preparation?

Yes, the vegetable dip cups and bruschetta toast are both no-cook recipes that require minimal preparation. You can also use pre-made ingredients, such as frozen meatballs, to save time on cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newtopamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
newtopamperedchef
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • susanr613