• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for an Open House Mystery: Tips for Managing Unknown Attendance

In summary, the expert suggests following these tips if you want to have an open house and receive guests: -Send out invitations and be persistent -Make a plan for attendees, such as food, drink, and set up -Have a go-to guest list of people who will be able to attend no matter what -Host the event yourself and enjoy the experience!
kerrishak
I have distributed over 100 flyers to my neighborhood inviting them to my open house and announcing my start as a PC Kitchen Consultant. However, I am days away from the event, and have only received two responses-out of at least 135 flyers- and those were 'no thanks'. I am still going to have the open house, but how should I plan for the amount or unknown amount of guests?

Just happened to me!Just had to make that decision last week. I just set up everything like I was going to have a show. I only had 2 rsvps. I cleaned, set up, made the appetizer, the door prize, everything. The door bell rang and 4 girls were standing there! I was shocked. One left and got 2 more of her neighbors after the party started. I had 6 guests, (one of the rsvp's didn't show) 4 orders, a $220 show and 1 booking.

The guest who rsvp'd and didn't show~ I sent her an email stating how I missed her and if she wanted to order, she could or host her own show, she could...needless to say, she is hosting a show on the 23rd!!!

Just act like you're having a party...you just might and you'll want to be prepared!! Even if nobody shows, 100 people know your a Consultant!!

good luck!!!! Stay positive!!!

How many to expect...I too have had open houses and sent out over 100 invitations with little to no response. My experience is that if they don't RSVP they won't be there and even if they do something might keep them from the event. Follow-up with a phone call to anyone who's number you have and give them a reason to make it their priority.

I still do a savory and a sweet recipe but no more if I don't have definites. I set up products as though I was having a crowd just in case. I've also learned not to say exactly what the door prize is so if there is a very small turnout I'm not committed to give something big.

Please don't get too down if you don't get people there. At least they now know you're a consultant! and who knows, you might be pleasantly surprized! If you run out of food just laugh it off and say "I didn't know how many to expect" or "the first guests must have been hungrier than I expected"'.

Good luck!

I think it is REALLY IMPORTANT that when you have an open house, you make sure you PERSONALLY INVITE your guests. Take it door to door and personally hand it out and introduce yourself. People tend to not come to someone's house when they don't know them.

You have to host coach yourself and do the things we tell our hosts to do.

Thanks!Thanks for the info and support. I need to stay positive and just go with it, whatever the outcome is. I am hoping a lot of interest, as I would like this to be the first of many open houses in the neighborhood.

I live in a subdivision of about 300 houses and am planning an open house. I have friends and family I am also going to invite. I want to make a Mystery Host/OPen House but, need ideas on flyers to hand out. If anyone could email theim to me that would be great. (I can't seem to pullup any documents that get posted and I even tried saving them and than opening, but everything says it can not be converted)
Stacie
[email protected]

What is an Open House Mystery?

An Open House Mystery is a fun and interactive event where guests can learn about Pampered Chef products, try out recipes, and have a chance to win prizes. It also gives guests the opportunity to connect with a Pampered Chef consultant and ask any questions they may have about our products or hosting a party.

Do I need to bring anything to an Open House Mystery?

No, you do not need to bring anything to an Open House Mystery. All the necessary materials and tools will be provided by the consultant hosting the event. Just come ready to have fun and learn!

Do I have to purchase anything at an Open House Mystery?

No, there is no pressure to purchase anything at an Open House Mystery. While we do offer exclusive deals and promotions at these events, there is no obligation to make a purchase. Our main goal is to educate and engage with our guests.

Can I bring a friend or family member to an Open House Mystery?

Absolutely! We encourage guests to bring friends and family to share in the experience. The more the merrier!

How do I find an Open House Mystery near me?

You can find upcoming Open House Mystery events by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant in your area or by checking the events section on our website. You can also host your own Open House Mystery and invite your friends and family to join in on the fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• llmahaffey
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • gtrchic05
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies