• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oops! $1000 Blunder - Need Advice

In summary, the host booked a show with a different last name than the one on their PHD card. They received an email from HO saying that the show had shipped, but they won't do anything because it is over $1000. The customer is unhappy because the host is not being gracious.
PamperedChefDude
Need some advice. We've never done this one before! What a blunder.
Somehow, I typed a host's name as Butler rather than Baker submitted show.
Host spotted it on the email saying that show has shipped. We sent an email to HO & they said they won't do anything. This is over a $1000 show and they bought the Pots & Pans combo along with other pans. Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!!!

HO is a total stickler about this. If she ever has an issue, she'll have her receipt under the wrong last name...so she can just "assume" that identity!! I had a similar issue with a wrong last name I entered in on someone that booked a show, and after I submitted it realized what I had done. Called, but they wouldn't change it. So....when she had her show, I had to enter it as the wrong last name so the previous host would get the booking benefit. I explained it to the host, and she was very gracious about it.

Yep, they won't do anything but they will honor the PHD and the warranty.

She should just keep her PHD card. You have called HO so they should have a record of it. Put a note in her contact information about it so you have that to go back to as well. If she has a need to use the warranty she/you can explain again what happened. They will cover it. There are a lot of past hosts out there who have had their names misspelled or got married since the show.

The host is a gentleman & he's not being gracious at all. He wants something in writting that it was changed. I forwarded the email to our Adv Director to see if she can help.

forward the email to HO as well. Maybe if they see how upset the customer is they will change it.

What is the "Oops! $1000 Blunder" and how did it happen?

The "Oops! $1000 Blunder" is a common mistake made by Pampered Chef consultants where they accidentally accumulate $1000 in sales without realizing it. This can happen through a combination of online and in-person orders, or by not tracking sales accurately.

What should I do if I realize I have made the "Oops! $1000 Blunder"?

If you realize that you have made the "Oops! $1000 Blunder", the first thing you should do is contact your team leader or Pampered Chef customer service. They will be able to help you review your sales and figure out where the mistake occurred.

Will making the "Oops! $1000 Blunder" affect my commission or bonuses?

No, making the "Oops! $1000 Blunder" will not affect your commission or bonuses. As long as you report the mistake promptly and work with your team leader or customer service to correct it, your earnings will not be impacted.

Is there a way to prevent making the "Oops! $1000 Blunder" in the future?

Yes, there are several ways to prevent making the "Oops! $1000 Blunder" in the future. One option is to regularly review your sales and orders to ensure they are accurately recorded. You can also use tools like the Pampered Chef app or online ordering system to keep track of sales in real time.

What should I do if a customer claims they did not receive a product or order?

If a customer claims they did not receive a product or order, it is important to address the issue promptly and professionally. Contact the customer to apologize and offer a solution, such as resending the product or issuing a refund. You can also reach out to customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • Karen K
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen