• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Recipe: Deliciously Modified and Ready to Try Again!

In summary, someone made a fall recipe and found it to be delicious. They modified it by using chicken instead of the meat it called for and only used 3.5 packets. They plan to double the carrots and break the large item from step 4 into pieces before adding it, as well as add peas and grilled pineapple. The meat cost $4.51 and it was good with chicken. There is only one item that a host wouldn't have in their pantry, which they can get at Trader Joe
chefann
Gold Member
OK - I just made one of the theme recipes for the fall, and it's DELISH!

I'm already thinking of ways to change it up. I did modify it a little- I used chicken instead of the meat it called for and I only used 3.5 packets (if you have the recipe in front of you, you can figure it out).

Next time, I'll double the carrot, and I'll break the large item from step 4 into pieces before adding it.

This would also be good with peas added, and grilled pineapple.

Good ideas. I'll look into that.

I'm going to try it with the vegetarian strips. Where is the recipe?? I thought it was not available yet. Did you get it on the new recipe cards?? I got the other one. Ann, would you send it to me?

Yeah - I am thinking the larger item needs to be broken up a bit, too. My NED made it the other nigh and emailed me about how awesome and easy it was. So how did you think it was with chicken? Cuz I would be more likely to use chicken when doing it at shows, too....I may test drive this recipe for DH tomorrow night.

I also just made a new theme show recipe and it is..... well "Blissfully" AWESOME! I think I'll be makin g an extra trip to the dentist this month... ha ha

OhmyDLM said:
I also just made a new theme show recipe and it is..... well "Blissfully" AWESOME! I think I'll be makin g an extra trip to the dentist this month... ha ha

I am going to have to make that one tomorrow, too! I have almost all the ingredients in my house already! And it's just the right time of the month, too - LOL

I'll be trying the recipe Ann made on Wednesday for dinner. But I'm using the meat the recipe calls for--although I'll have to think about using chicken. It looked really good! I also plan on breaking up the large ingredient too.

I can't wait to try the appetizer recipe that is in the catalog! It looks so yummy!

I just make one of the new recipes for dinner and it was really good!!!:)

It was really good with chicken. I used that because I had it in the house and wanted to test it as a low-cost alternative.There's only 1 item that a host wouldn't have in the pantry, and luckily, I usually have a small bottle (you can pick it up at Trader Joe's for less than at a specialty grocery).I picked up some items for the "bliss" recipe, but have to check the pantry for the rest. That's next on the list. Maybe for at my games party this Friday.

I use the meat and 4 packets. REALLY GOOD!! The family loved it!

chefann said:

I'm already thinking of ways to change it up. I did modify it a little- I used chicken instead of the meat it called for and I only used 3.5 packets (if you have the recipe in front of you, you can figure it out).

Next time, I'll double the carrot, and I'll break the large item from step 4 into pieces before adding it.

I got the meat for $4.51. Not bad!!

chefann said:
It was really good with chicken. I used that because I had it in the house and wanted to test it as a low-cost alternative.

There's only 1 item that a host wouldn't have in the pantry, and luckily, I usually have a small bottle (you can pick it up at Trader Joe's for less than at a specialty grocery).

I picked up some items for the "bliss" recipe, but have to check the pantry for the rest. That's next on the list. Maybe for at my games party this Friday.

ok u guys are not playing fair :(
talking about all this yummy food at dinner time but not really sharing!!!!!!
and i dont want to know!!!!!!
just hate being teased!!!!!!! LOL

Ok you girls are killing me! I can't wait to see what you are talking about!!!

heather9892 said:
ok u guys are not playing fair :(
talking about all this yummy food at dinner time but not really sharing!!!!!!
and i dont want to know!!!!!!
just hate being teased!!!!!!! LOL

YA what she said! :p

<giggle>
Snots, aren't we?

Ooooooh - I am going to make the Blissful recipe to have out & ready for people to munch on at the FR next weekend!!! Yummmmm....

LOL
yup you are

OhmyDLM said:

I made this for our cluster meeting tonight. It was all I could do to keep my DH out of it!!!:eek: A little spendy for hosts I think - not the "everyday items" you would have in the pantry (at least not mine). I was able to buy a bag of yummys instead of rolls (WalMart might have cheaper versions).

Warm and w/ Ice Cream - UGH!!! I feel my thighs swelling as I speak:D

The main dish with 4 worked AOK for me - unbroken - I like slurping myself :cool:

Yeah, we are bad!!:D

Heather, you'll have the info later this week. Or are you not going to conference?

Heather, you'll have the info later this week. Or are you not going to conference?

i am going to conference :)
ours starts friday @ 130 with our ed mtg and a workshop at 345.
our opening session isnt until 7pm

so as of wed am i am staying out of here b/c i know i dont have the will power not too look
im just too nosey lol

chefann said:

I was already thinking about how to alter this to make it more healthy and use chicken. Need some ideas of what I can use to sub for the packet stuff. Don't want to be more specific..want to keep those who will find out later quessing.

You guys are hysterical!! I just read through this entire post, and, I must say, I did go to Conference, so I know what you're talking about, and it really is cruel!! But soooo much fun, too!!

For those that didn't go, don't worry, these recipes are ALL worth the wait!!

I have a show tomorrow night, and I'm already doing one of them!! lol

Paula

PamperChefCarol said:
I was already thinking about how to alter this to make it more healthy and use chicken. Need some ideas of what I can use to sub for the packet stuff. Don't want to be more specific..want to keep those who will find out later quessing.
Carol~

I am PM'ing you right now about this!

PamperChefCarol said:
My recruit did the Test Kitchen workshop, and they said to double the Pantry seasoning, then add 1 tsp salt, if you want to skip the packets.

chefann said:
My recruit did the Test Kitchen workshop, and they said to double the Pantry seasoning, then add 1 tsp salt, if you want to skip the packets.

That sounds like a good idea! I haven't made this yet, but was thinking about the Pantry plus a clove of garlic, too....?

What do those of you who have tasted it think? Garlic...yes or no?:confused:

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
That sounds like a good idea! I haven't made this yet, but was thinking about the Pantry plus a clove of garlic, too....?

Paula

Garlic belongs in everything - but that's just my humble opinion ;)

chefann said:
Just made this doing the original recipe as written. The one oil I thought I had but did not. My DB ate 2 plates full!! I would prefer chicken but made it as it stated...yum!!
I am having some of my team over tomorrow night to go over conference announcements. Our thighs will be swelling and we will be making the appetizer. One of my recruits took a picture of a recipe and enlarged it. She will be bringing that. All in all...we will be the size of the blueberry girl from the Willie Wonka movie!!
Yes, Ann, I took the Test Kitchen's class too and to avoid products that are not available with the MSG removed, that is a good replacement.
I have other tips too that I will share when the time comes. And to our Canadian friends...in the Test Kitchen class, they made a delicious dessert and DID NOT SHARE!!! Now that was really CRUEL!!! We told them that a there was more of us than them and if we stormed the stage they would have to give it up!!!:eek:

Oh, I'm making the entree one tomorrow for dinner. I made the 'appetizer' one for our cluster meeting tonight....VERY YUMMY! I'm very afraid of making the blissful one....I'm trying to loose a few pounds and I'd eat the entire thing!

Paula R. Lewis said:

Paula
Duh!!

And fresh ginger!

Has anybody made the recipe on the pantry gift yet? I have the ingredients, but don't want to make it when I have nobody to share with or I may be joining in the blueberry girl club...

chefann said:
I picked up some items for the "bliss" recipe, but have to check the pantry for the rest. That's next on the list. Maybe for at my games party this Friday.

Oh, this is to die for ... :p It's even good when you mess it up. I forgot one of the blissful ingredients in the first stage, so just topped it off with the chopped stuff. Yum. Now I have the REAL recipe in the oven. I'm making it tomorrow night for a show and have to get it right, you know. :D

GourmetGirl said:
Has anybody made the recipe on the pantry gift yet? I have the ingredients, but don't want to make it when I have nobody to share with or I may be joining in the blueberry girl club...
mmmm...... soooooooo good!
Needs frosting, but still really good......

Thanks Ann! I may have to make some 2-step fudge and use the extra frosting for this... now that would be an indulgent day!

I made 1 batch, but did half with each flavor.

chefann said:
mmmm...... soooooooo good!
Needs frosting, but still really good......
YUM!! Making this too for our meeting! Thanks for the tip! Also, someone suggested it would be good in coffee or hot chocolate!
th1c7ebb7d.gif

This will be me tomorrow night. Throw them the special addition copy and the other announcements...I'll be too busy!!

chefann said:
I made 1 batch, but did half with each flavor.

Which flavor did you like best?

OMG ... this is sooooo good!

pampermemelody said:
Ok you girls are killing me! I can't wait to see what you are talking about!!!

Oh, Melody ...it is a delight to the eyes as well as the palate.

GourmetGirl said:
I did what Ann did....can't decide which one I liked best, they were both good!

This is a hilarious thread! I can't imagine reading it w/o knowing what in the world you all are talking about. I've only tried the the pantry recipe, and I thought it did need a little bit of frosting, but the fam loved it anyway.

GourmetGirl said:
mmmm.... they were both good. "i" was traditional, but "a" was really good, too.
Sprinkle a little more on top, it adds some extra flavor.

JAE said:
This is a hilarious thread! I can't imagine reading it w/o knowing what in the world you all are talking about. I've only tried the the pantry recipe, and I thought it did need a little bit of frosting, but the fam loved it anyway.
I added a little extra butter and I'm sure I used more of the pantry ingredient than the recipe called for (I was way too lazy to measure!). Mine were really gooey and quite yummiful! I didn't think they needed icing.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I'm making the entree one tomorrow for dinner. I made the 'appetizer' one for our cluster meeting tonight....VERY YUMMY! I'm very afraid of making the blissful one....I'm trying to loose a few pounds and I'd eat the entire thing!

No you wouldn't Linda. It's way too rich ...

GourmetGirl said:

Yes. My family loved it. I just did the more traditional one. I haven't done the other yet.

ohh... I love gooey... I am going to have to try this 1/2 and 1/2 thing soon...

GourmetGirl said:
Not yet...but I did dump some of each out into my palm and ate it plain!!

I think these items will be this catalog's "mix-n-chop" as in, runaway star sales!

I am going to make the new pantry recipe that Chef Chris did..I am going to make it for our cluster meeting in 2 weeks...but I am going to have to test it out a few times at home first, kwim?

<H2>1. Can you tell me more about the "fall recipe" that you mentioned?</H2><p>The fall recipe is a seasonal recipe that is perfect for the cooler weather and features delicious fall flavors and ingredients. It is a popular recipe among Pampered Chef customers and consultants.</p><H2>2. What is the modification that you made to the original recipe?</H2><p>I used chicken instead of the meat that the recipe called for and I reduced the amount of seasoning to 3.5 packets. This modification turned out to be delicious and I highly recommend trying it.</p><H2>3. Are there any other modifications or variations that you recommend for this recipe?</H2><p>Yes, I suggest doubling the amount of carrots and breaking the large item from step 4 into smaller pieces before adding it to the dish. You can also add peas or grilled pineapple for additional flavor and texture.</p><H2>4. Can this recipe be made vegetarian or vegan?</H2><p>Absolutely! You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the meat with a plant-based protein such as tofu or tempeh. For a vegan version, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omit any dairy products.</p><H2>5. Is this recipe easy to make for those with dietary restrictions or allergies?</H2><p>Yes, with some modifications, this recipe can be made to accommodate different dietary restrictions and allergies. For example, for those with gluten intolerance, you can use gluten-free noodles or rice instead of pasta. For dairy allergies, you can omit any dairy products or use dairy-free alternatives. It is always important to check the ingredients and make necessary substitutions based on individual dietary needs.</p>

1. Can you tell me more about the "fall recipe" that you mentioned?

The fall recipe is a seasonal recipe that is perfect for the cooler weather and features delicious fall flavors and ingredients. It is a popular recipe among Pampered Chef customers and consultants.

2. What is the modification that you made to the original recipe?

I used chicken instead of the meat that the recipe called for and I reduced the amount of seasoning to 3.5 packets. This modification turned out to be delicious and I highly recommend trying it.

3. Are there any other modifications or variations that you recommend for this recipe?

Yes, I suggest doubling the amount of carrots and breaking the large item from step 4 into smaller pieces before adding it to the dish. You can also add peas or grilled pineapple for additional flavor and texture.

4. Can this recipe be made vegetarian or vegan?

Absolutely! You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the meat with a plant-based protein such as tofu or tempeh. For a vegan version, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omit any dairy products.

5. Is this recipe easy to make for those with dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, with some modifications, this recipe can be made to accommodate different dietary restrictions and allergies. For example, for those with gluten intolerance, you can use gluten-free noodles or rice instead of pasta. For dairy allergies, you can omit any dairy products or use dairy-free alternatives. It is always important to check the ingredients and make necessary substitutions based on individual dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg