• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Cook with Just a Microwave and Sink for a Large Crowd?

In summary, the conversation is about planning for a show at someone's place of employment. The person wants to serve various dishes, such as Mom's apple crisp, creme puffs, and pecan tassies, but is unsure of what else to serve. Another person suggests making Artichoke Chicken Salad Tarts and Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, which were a hit at their previous shows. They also recommend using the Season's Best S/S book for a Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, which has been a popular item and has helped sell other products. The person planning the show expresses their nerves and asks for tips on how to do an express show. The conversation also touches on the speaker's personal life and their recent return
maryhenderlite
Ok, after a change in location (due to number of guests attending :) ) we are doing a show at the place of emplyment, in the conference room. She says that there is a fridge and sink, but only a microwave.. I thought about the Mom's apple crisp, (shows a few products, and smells wonderful) having the creme puffs (most of them already filled) Maybe have some pecan tassies done. But what else? I could buy a small two eye burner that I could plug in, but am clueless about what to do.. I was planning on an express show and letting them try some of the products (if they want) like filling the puffs. Does anyone have any other ideas for what to serve. She is planning on alot of people (20+, to me that is alot) Thank you so much!!

At a couple of my shows recently I've done Artichoke Chicken Salad Tarts and the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. The were perfect for a crowd, disappeared completely, and didn't require the use of any cooking appliance.

I made the tart shells a day or two in advance. They're a bit tedious, but super easy - I admit to cheating by using a regular rolling pin so I could roll 2 pieces of bread at a time. Just put the finished shell in a rigid, airtight container. The rest of the prep is room-temp, counter-top action. Be sure to bring a couple of pieces of bread, though, and the Baker's Roller. Since I didn't actually make the tart shell at the show, everyone wanted to see just how it was done! :)

I did the same for the puff pastry. Again, everything else in the recipe was counter top prep. This could be stretched for a really big crowd by cutting the puff pastry into smaller squares.

I highly recommend the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake in the Season's Best S/S book. It has been such a hit for me! I've sold 3 Rice cookers and 5 prep bowl sets because of it in just 2 shows. I've also ordered a bunch of the cookbooks and had them on hand, so someone can buy them righ then and there and I've sold 10 of those.
The only issues I have with that recipe is that I cannot find Chocolate Hazelnut spread, so I just use regular chocolate frosting and I bought a bottle of Hazelnut syrup that you can find in the coffee aisle. I don't use quite as much frosting, then add the h-nut syrup and it is so good! For the frosting on top of the cake, I mix up chocolate frosting and a LOT of h-nut syrup so you can definitely smell it, then drizzle it over the cake's top and sides. There is always a pool of the frosting at the bottom, so when I serve it, I take a spoon and drizzle that frosting over the cake on each person's plate so they can taste the hazelnut, too.
I actually use this recipe as my presentation. It does take a little bit to get it down pat, but the prep bowls help so much!
Kristy

Thank you so much for your ideas. Luckily I have 3 weeks to get ready.. I havent done a full demo show in over 2 years!!! :eek: I am going to be so nervous. I was actually looking for some kind of script to help but couldn't find one.. How does everyone else's express shows go? Any ideas..

I have stayed active, but that is about it. Now that my son is 9 months, I feel I am ready to get back into the swing of things. I appreciate any and all help you can give..:)

agw said:
At a couple of my shows recently I've done Artichoke Chicken Salad Tarts and the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. The were perfect for a crowd, disappeared completely, and didn't require the use of any cooking appliance.

I made the tart shells a day or two in advance. They're a bit tedious, but super easy - I admit to cheating by using a regular rolling pin so I could roll 2 pieces of bread at a time. Just put the finished shell in a rigid, airtight container. The rest of the prep is room-temp, counter-top action. Be sure to bring a couple of pieces of bread, though, and the Baker's Roller. Since I didn't actually make the tart shell at the show, everyone wanted to see just how it was done! :)

I did the same for the puff pastry. Again, everything else in the recipe was counter top prep. This could be stretched for a really big crowd by cutting the puff pastry into smaller squares.

I made the pastry puffs cut into 4ths... they were a little hard to fill and transport (I brought them to the show). When you made them in advance... did you split them then or at the show? How far in advance did you make those? How did you serve (which SA pieces)? How much stuff did you bring???

No cook recipesFor most of my shows, I do recipes that do not require cooking because I prepare the crust/base at my own home and bring it to the show. I mostly make appetizer pizzas or dessert pizzas. Many of these are in the All the Best Cookbook or Seasons Best from before. They usually require a cresent, brownie or cookie base that should be cooled anyway. The host gives me these items to replace the ones I bought.

Appetizers - Cool Veggie Squares, Clubhouse Chicken Square, Mediterranean Hummus Square. Antipasto Vegetable Pizza, Taco Pizza...

Desserts - Banana Split Brownies, Tiramisu Brownies, Peanutty Brownies, Chocolate Chip Sensation, Banana Toffee Pizza...

I'm not sure which recipe books these are all in, but you can do a search on the Pampered Chef recipe and they might even list some of them. Otherwise, they will tell you the specific book they are found in.

Hope this helps,
Tina

Have you tried the 3-2-1 Microwave cake?Microwave Cake Recipe
“3-2-1 Cake”

3 eggs
2 cups of Sour Cream (one 16 oz. container, actually 1 2/3 cups)
1 box of yellow cake mix

Just follow these simple steps:
1. Spray your Fluted Stoneware pan with vegetable oil using your kitchen spritzer
2. Mix eggs and sour cream together in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most)
3. Add cake mix and blend well with Mix ‘N Scraper
4. Pour batter into well-oiled stone and microwave on HIGH for 10-15 minutes*
5. Let cool 5 minutes; pry edges away with citrus peeler or avocado peeler; invert on platter
6. * all microwaves are different. Look at your cake at 10 mins. if the batter has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan, it’s done. If not, add 1 minute.

If you do not have a Carousel, rotate ¼ turn every 2-3 minutes. Check with cake tester and if not done, then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie filling, caramel or fudge ice cream topping, nuts, etc. The best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Good Luck.

its_me_susan said:
I made the pastry puffs cut into 4ths... they were a little hard to fill and transport (I brought them to the show). When you made them in advance... did you split them then or at the show? How far in advance did you make those? How did you serve (which SA pieces)? How much stuff did you bring???

I baked the puff pastry at home no more than 2 days in advance. Then brought the intact puff-squares with me to the show. I used the bread knife to split them at the show. I put them on one of the new Tattersall Towels on the Woven Round Tray. It made a rather pretty presentation.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking regarding how much stuff I bring. Which stuff do you mean - ingredients, tools?

:)

ksartain said:
I highly recommend the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake in the Season's Best S/S book. It has been such a hit for me! I've sold 3 Rice cookers and 5 prep bowl sets because of it in just 2 shows. I've also ordered a bunch of the cookbooks and had them on hand, so someone can buy them righ then and there and I've sold 10 of those.
The only issues I have with that recipe is that I cannot find Chocolate Hazelnut spread, so I just use regular chocolate frosting and I bought a bottle of Hazelnut syrup that you can find in the coffee aisle. I don't use quite as much frosting, then add the h-nut syrup and it is so good! For the frosting on top of the cake, I mix up chocolate frosting and a LOT of h-nut syrup so you can definitely smell it, then drizzle it over the cake's top and sides. There is always a pool of the frosting at the bottom, so when I serve it, I take a spoon and drizzle that frosting over the cake on each person's plate so they can taste the hazelnut, too.
I actually use this recipe as my presentation. It does take a little bit to get it down pat, but the prep bowls help so much!
Kristy
Could you tell us how much frosting and hazelnut syrup you use in the cake and what proprotions of the two you use in the frosting?

Thanks

Hi Beth,

In the supermarkets right next to the Peanut Butter is Nutella....that is chocolate hazelnut spread,up here we even have it in Costco.

Anything with a pre-baked crust is good. I like Taffy Apple Pizza -- shows lots of tools.

1. Can I use any type of container in the microwave when using "Only Will Have a Microwave" products?

Yes, "Only Will Have a Microwave" products are designed to be used in all types of microwave-safe containers. However, make sure to always follow the recommended usage instructions for each specific product to ensure proper heating and safety.

2. Are "Only Will Have a Microwave" products safe to use in the dishwasher?

Yes, all "Only Will Have a Microwave" products are dishwasher safe. We recommend placing them on the top rack for best results.

3. How long does it take to cook a meal using "Only Will Have a Microwave" products?

Cooking times will vary depending on the type of microwave and the specific product being used. We recommend following the recommended cooking times on the product packaging for best results.

4. Are "Only Will Have a Microwave" products only for reheating food?

No, "Only Will Have a Microwave" products are designed for both cooking and reheating food in the microwave. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to provide efficient and effective cooking results.

5. Can I use "Only Will Have a Microwave" products in a convection microwave?

Yes, "Only Will Have a Microwave" products are safe to use in convection microwaves. However, please note that cooking times may vary and may require adjusting for optimal results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amerz_5
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • PamperedPrincess02
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies