• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Online Ordering Privacy - Email to Ho

In summary, the customer's contact information was blocked from being shared on the online order form because of the wording on the PWS. The customer was on the phone with the consultant while the order was being placed, and the consultant wanted to make sure the customer found the outlet and placed the order. The customer did not want to share her contact information, so the order did not include the customer's contact information.
NooraK
Gold Member
I'm sure pretty much all of us have received an online order at one time or another on which the contact information is blocked, but the name is someone in our customer list (or worse, your best friend :eek:). Yesterday, I had a customer on the phone with me while I walked her through finding the outlet and placing the order. When the order showed up on Shipment Status, her information wasn't listed.

I sent the following email to the Solution Center, as well as Tech Support. I wanted to share it, and encourage everyone else to email as well, so that hopefully we'll get something changed.

I received this online order through my PWS today. I was on the phone with my customer, helping her walk through the process so that I could ensure she found the outlet portion, and the item she was looking for, while she was ordering. Even though this customer has been a guest at a very recent show, and knows that I have her contact information, she still opted not to share her information when placing her order online.

<screen capture of the online order information>

I believe the reason for this is the wording used on my PWS in the step where she creates her account:

<screen capture of the wording on my PWS>

I feel that the wording, specifically "a Pampered Chef® Consultant" makes it seem as though the customer's contact information will be shared with a random consultant, not the person whose website they are on. I would like to see the wording be something more along the lines of "To keep you up-to-date on the latest Pampered Chef® news and products, we'd like to provide your contact information to the Pampered Chef® Consultant whose website you are ordering from today. If you would prefer not to share your information with that Consultant, please check the box below:" Ideally, I think it'd be fabulous if a code was added that would insert my name after "Pampered Chef® Consultant": "we'd like to provide your contact information to the Pampered Chef® Consultant, Noora K, whose website you are ordering from today." Certainly, as the system knows whose website the customer is visiting, it is able to pull the information to be inserted into that sentence.

This is not the first time this has happened, and I know that I am not the only consultant that has experienced frustration with orders like this, where we know who the customer is, but the information is blocked. I would like to request that a change be made in this wording as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Noora K
Consultant #
email
phone

Feel free to copy any of my message when you send your request to HO. I did get a response from Tech Support today:

Dear Noora,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We do appreciate and value any feedback we receive. I will send your suggestion to our developers for further consideration.

If you need it, their email is [email protected]

Great letter, Noora (your's, not the form response you received).

That's my girl--I should just hire you.

RMDave said:
Great letter, Noora (your's, not the form response you received).

Actually, though that one is pretty much a standard, canned response, it actually was from a person, not the auto-reply I got from the Solution Center :D

Nanisu said:
That's my girl--I should just hire you.

I don't think you could afford me, but I'd love the chance to come back to CA.

I think the wording is interpreted to mean "do you need a consultant to call you about something right now?". I would prefer it said something like "We would like to share your contact information to a consultant so that she can provide customer service for you in the future." and a place to accept/refuse that service.

BethCooks4U said:
I think the wording is interpreted to mean "do you need a consultant to call you about something right now?". I would prefer it said something like "We would like to share your contact information to a consultant so that she can provide customer service for you in the future." and a place to accept/refuse that service.

That would makes sense on PamperedChef.com But if someone is on a Personal Website, it should be assumed they already have some sort of contact with this particular consultant.

I liked your wording Noora. Now let's hope they have someone in tech-support smart enough to figure out. I don't have much hope though. :( Given a few of the other issues we've found with "common sense" things (ie- Gift Certificates being used on PWS)

OK, I'm pretty sure I'm having this problem with the bridal registries as well. I have three registries right now. One of them is the daughter of a lady who is one of my best customers. The other two are random. All three are listed in light gray, meaning that I can't contact them! I have a feeling the wording must be the same.

I'm also betting that the Wedding Registry wording is confusing! I had a HO lead for a wedding registry, that was "do not contact". The next day, I got a FB request from a groom who had just completed a wedding registry & it was referred to me. Thinking it was Groom #1, I accepted the request. A couple of hours later I got the Online Activity notification from HO that they had sent couple #2 to my page! He filled out the registry & then immediately looked me up before HO even notified me of the registry. He obviously had no reservations about me having his contact info! (((insert eye roll here)))

And here's the response from the Solution Center:

Dear Noora,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Home Office with your valuable input. We are always interested in hearing your feedback and have forwarded your suggestions to the appropriate area.

I encourage you all to put what you've said in emails. If no one else says anything, it won't be a priority!

Sheila,
I was thinking the same thing on the wedding registries. It makes it sound like some random person is going to harrass you.

Last edited:
NooraK said:
And here's the response from the Solution Center:

Dear Noora,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Home Office with your valuable input. We are always interested in hearing your feedback and have forwarded your suggestions to the appropriate area.
I encourage you all to put what you've said in emails. If no one else says anything, it won't be a priority!

I have emailed HO several times about this and gotten the same response you did.

1. What information do you collect when I place an order online?

When you place an order online, we collect your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and payment information. We also keep a record of your order history for customer service purposes.

2. Is my personal information safe when I order online?

Yes, we take the security of your personal information very seriously. Our website uses industry-standard encryption technology to protect your data during the ordering process. We also have strict internal policies and procedures in place to safeguard your information.

3. Do you share my information with third parties?

No, we do not share your personal information with any third parties. Your information is only used for order processing and customer service purposes. We will never sell or rent your information to anyone.

4. Can I opt-out of receiving marketing emails from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Simply click the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any promotional email or contact our customer service team to be removed from our email list.

5. How do I update or delete my personal information?

You can update your personal information by logging into your account on our website. If you wish to delete your information, please contact our customer service team and we will assist you with this request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sperts