• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Onion Smell from Food Chopper & Prep Bowls

In summary, to remove onion smell from your food chopper and prep bowls, you can use a paste made of equal parts baking soda and water or a mixture of dish soap and warm water. The time it takes to remove the smell can vary, but thoroughly rinsing and drying the chopper and bowls is important. You can also use a mixture of white vinegar and water to soak the chopper and bowls for a few hours. It is recommended to clean your chopper and bowls after each use to prevent onion smell, but regular cleaning can also help prevent the smell from building up.
Luv 2 Cook
[ How can I get the onion smell out of my food chopper lid and prep bowls!?! YUCK!:yuck: As soon as I take the lid off you can smell it!

Soak it in vinegar.
Then it smells like vinegar... hahah:p

yeah, vinegar or maybe baking soda paste... I've never had that issue, but I would think that would fix it....

Or soak in some Lemon Juice.

HTH

Lisa

At least it doesn't smell like spicy jalapeno and habanero peppers! LOL

My husband got a hold of my food chopper and decided to chop those two types of peppers in it. The whole clear plastic part is now cloudy because the juice from the peppers wore the finish off of the inside, and he chopped with the LID ON.. so now my plastic lid smells like spicy peppers and is stained orange.

coffee grounds, they have coffee soap for people to use in the kitchen to take the smells off hands :)

I usually run it through the dishwasher. The detergent has a ton of bleach.

]Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the lingering onion smell in your food chopper and prep bowls. Luckily, there are a few simple tricks you can try to get rid of that unwanted odor.First, try soaking the lid and bowls in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar. The acidity of the vinegar can help neutralize the onion smell. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice for an extra boost.Another option is to sprinkle baking soda onto the lid and bowls and let it sit for a few hours before rinsing it off. Baking soda is known for its ability to absorb odors.Lastly, if the smell persists, try rubbing a cut lemon or orange onto the lid and bowls. The natural oils in the citrus fruits can help eliminate the onion smell.I hope these tips help get rid of that yucky onion smell. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How do I remove onion smell from my food chopper and prep bowls?

To remove onion smell from your food chopper and prep bowls, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Use a clean cloth or sponge to scrub the paste onto the surfaces of the chopper and bowls. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

2. Can I use dish soap to remove onion smell?

Yes, dish soap can help remove onion smell from your food chopper and prep bowls. Simply mix a few drops of dish soap with warm water and scrub the surfaces of the chopper and bowls. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

3. How long does it take to remove onion smell?

The time it takes to remove onion smell from your food chopper and prep bowls can vary. It may take a few minutes of scrubbing with a cleaning solution, or it may take several hours of soaking in a mixture of water and vinegar. It is important to thoroughly rinse and dry the chopper and bowls after cleaning to ensure the smell is completely removed.

4. Can I use vinegar to remove onion smell?

Yes, white vinegar is a great natural solution for removing onion smell from your food chopper and prep bowls. Mix equal parts vinegar and water and let the chopper and bowls soak in the mixture for a few hours. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

5. How often should I clean my food chopper and prep bowls to prevent onion smell?

It is recommended to clean your food chopper and prep bowls after each use to prevent onion smell from lingering. However, if the smell is already present, it is important to thoroughly clean the chopper and bowls before using them again. Regular cleaning with dish soap or a cleaning solution can help prevent onion smell from building up in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• siderits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • ChefKeender
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • ivykeep