• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Our Spices and Rubs Onion-Free?

In summary, the conversation was about accommodating a guest with an onion allergy and finding out if Pampered Chef's spices and rubs are onion-free. The hosts discusses going through the Product Information Guide and finding that some of the products contain onion while others do not. They also mention their personal love for the smell of onion while cooking. The conversation concludes with the guest being able to enjoy a lava cake and other dishes without onion.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
One of my hosts has a guest who is allergic to onion and onion powder and cannot stand the smell of it cooking. I was thinking of doing Chicken Your Way to promote the grill pan and press. Does anybody know if our spices and rubs are onion-free? The catalog mentions soy and wheat, but not other potential allergens.

Thanks to the related threads, I was able to answer my own question and will pass this on to my host. Onion is in MANY of our spices but not all of them!I found onion in:
Chili Lime
Southwest
Italian
Smoky BBQ
Citrus and basil
Creole
Buffalo
Jamaican Jerk
Asian
MoroccanHowever it is NOT in:
Garlic & Peppercorn
Greek Rub
Chipotle Rub

You are probably going to have to go through the Product Information Guide to find out. I just checked and the new Chili Lime Rub is listed as having no allergens but it says it has dehydrated onion in it. I would check them all individually just to be sure. I don't know of anywhere there is a list that specifies everything that will have any form of onion in it.

By the way, there is not much I think smells better than an onion cooking. That used to be something I said at all my shows - "just got home three minutes before your husband? Toss an onion in the skillet to fry before he walks in the door and he'll think you've been cooking all day!" Everyone used to agree too!

pcsharon1 said:
You are probably going to have to go through the Product Information Guide to find out. I just checked and the new Chili Lime Rub is listed as having no allergens but it says it has dehydrated onion in it. I would check them all individually just to be sure. I don't know of anywhere there is a list that specifies everything that will have any form of onion in it.

By the way, there is not much I think smells better than an onion cooking. That used to be something I said at all my shows - "just got home three minutes before your husband? Toss an onion in the skillet to fry before he walks in the door and he'll think you've been cooking all day!" Everyone used to agree too!

Ohhh, I totally agree! I always tell people that one of my most favorite smells in the world is onion and celery sauteing in butter - in preparation for making the Thanksgiving stuffing. :chef::chef::chef: Smells like some of my best memories.

Oh I love onion!Yes, I went through the whole PIG on just about every pantry product, that's how I developed my list! And I'm kind of surprised she's fine with Garlic but she is. We're doing a Lava cake too, and maybe cream cheese and pineapple rum sauce and crackers, so it's not like she won't have anything to eat!

1. What spices and rubs from Pampered Chef contain onion?

Some of our popular spices and rubs that contain onion include the Garlic & Herb Rub, the Chipotle Rub, and the Southwest Seasoning Mix.

2. Are the onion ingredients in your spices and rubs fresh or dried?

Our spices and rubs use dried onions for optimal flavor and shelf stability.

3. Can I use your onion-containing spices and rubs if I have an onion allergy?

We recommend consulting with your doctor before using any of our products if you have a food allergy. However, we do offer some onion-free options such as the Smoky Applewood Rub and the Lemon Pepper Rub.

4. How much onion is in each spice or rub?

The amount of onion in each spice or rub may vary, but it is always listed as an ingredient on the packaging. You can also check the nutrition label for more specific information.

5. Are your onion-containing spices and rubs gluten-free?

Some of our spices and rubs may contain gluten, such as the Garlic & Herb Rub which contains wheat. We recommend checking the ingredient list and nutrition label for each specific product to determine if it is gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
grgann
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil