1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: One Recipe or Two?

1. chezshelly

chezshelly Advanced Member Gold Member

Do most of you do one recipe or 2 at your shows? I have gone to just doing one since last July and it is so much nicer. I love only packing enough stuff to do one recipe and the shows are so short and I am getting home at a more decent time.
    One thing that I am encountering though is people still wanting to do 2 recipes because that is the way all the Consultants in my area have always done them. What do you think the best way is to handle this situtation?
    I was just curious what most others are doing?

Apr 20, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

One recipe. If they want two, I provide a second recipe, have the host prepare most of it and assemble it at the show (really quick). This works well with triffles, since they are best after they sit in the fridge.

3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I usually fully demo one, and then have a 2nd one that I garnish/finish.

For example - 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic/Parmesan Biscuit Bites

or - DCB Fajitas, and Salad Chopper Salsa

or - Steamed Wonton Purses, and cream cheese w/ pineapple rum sauce.

or - Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, and Caramel Sprinkle Biscuit Bites

The recipes in red take about 5 minutes, but pack a great sales punch!

Apr 20, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Reading that made me hungry! Thanks for the combo suggestions.

5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

One recipe. If the host wants more, she can make what ever she wants or I provide her with recipes.

Apr 20, 2009
  6. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

Ditto. I'm not the caterer!

The best way to handle it is to tell them that 2 recipes takes too long and you want to respect everyone's busy schedules. She's free to make any of the recipes beforehand, and you'll demonstrate one at the show. That's it - I don't give any other options. The only other thing I've done is let the host borrow a stone/pan so she can make an item when I get there but before the guests arrive (ex: the stoneware fluted pan for the chocolate cake in the micro).

Apr 20, 2009
Have something to add?