• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing One vs Two Recipes: What do Consultants Do?

In summary, most people do 1 recipe at their shows. If someone wants to try two, they can either do that or the host can prepare one and have you demonstrate it.
chezshelly
Gold Member
Do most of you do one recipe or 2 at your shows? I have gone to just doing one since last July and it is so much nicer. I love only packing enough stuff to do one recipe and the shows are so short and I am getting home at a more decent time.
One thing that I am encountering though is people still wanting to do 2 recipes because that is the way all the Consultants in my area have always done them. What do you think the best way is to handle this situtation?
I was just curious what most others are doing?

One recipe. If they want two, I provide a second recipe, have the host prepare most of it and assemble it at the show (really quick). This works well with triffles, since they are best after they sit in the fridge.

I usually fully demo one, and then have a 2nd one that I garnish/finish.For example - 30 Minute Chicken and Garlic/Parmesan Biscuit Bitesor - DCB Fajitas, and Salad Chopper Salsaor - Steamed Wonton Purses, and cream cheese w/ pineapple rum sauce.or - Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, and Caramel Sprinkle Biscuit BitesThe recipes in red take about 5 minutes, but pack a great sales punch!

Reading that made me hungry! Thanks for the combo suggestions.

One recipe. If the host wants more, she can make what ever she wants or I provide her with recipes.

wadesgirl said:
One recipe. If the host wants more, she can make what ever she wants or I provide her with recipes.

Ditto. I'm not the caterer!

The best way to handle it is to tell them that 2 recipes takes too long and you want to respect everyone's busy schedules. She's free to make any of the recipes beforehand, and you'll demonstrate one at the show. That's it - I don't give any other options. The only other thing I've done is let the host borrow a stone/pan so she can make an item when I get there but before the guests arrive (ex: the stoneware fluted pan for the chocolate cake in the micro).

1. What is the difference between doing one recipe versus two as a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to either demonstrate one recipe or two during your cooking shows. Doing one recipe means that you will focus on showcasing and preparing one dish for your guests. Doing two recipes means that you will demonstrate and prepare two different dishes during your show.

2. Which option is better for my business as a consultant?

Both options have their advantages, so it ultimately depends on your personal preference and the preferences of your audience. Doing one recipe allows you to go into more detail and thoroughly explain the recipe, making it a great option for new consultants or for complex recipes. Doing two recipes allows you to showcase more products and gives your guests more variety, making it a good option for experienced consultants or for quick and easy recipes.

3. How do I decide which option to choose for my cooking show?

Consider the type of audience you will have, the length of your show, and the complexity of the recipes you want to demonstrate. If you have a large group of guests, doing two recipes may be more efficient in terms of time. If you have a smaller group or want to focus on one particular product, doing one recipe may be a better choice.

4. Can I switch between doing one recipe and two for different shows?

Yes, you can definitely switch between doing one recipe and two for different shows. It's important to vary your shows to keep your guests interested and engaged. You can also ask for feedback from your guests to see which option they prefer.

5. Is there a difference in the compensation for doing one recipe versus two?

No, there is no difference in compensation for doing one recipe versus two. You will earn the same amount of commission and bonuses, regardless of which option you choose. The most important thing is to provide a fun and informative cooking show for your guests, regardless of the number of recipes you demonstrate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies