• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Pound Cake Do I Need for a Lime Berry Trifle?

I also made my own poundcake in the stoneware bar pan. (Thanks to recipe from this board!) Take a regular cake mix and mix as directed, but add one additional egg and one small box of instant pudding. I also added some of our vanilla and some almond extract. Yummy! I only used about 2/3 of the pan, and cut them into small cubes. Way better than frozen poundcake! I used this with the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle, but I would bet the vanilla/almond extract would taste good in the Lime Berry Trifle too!As to how much to use, since you already have homemade at your house...If you have the medium
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
For those of you who have made the Lime Berry Trifle can you tell me how many cups of cubed pound cake you used (approximately)? I have some home-made pound cake in my freezer that I want to use, but not sure how much of it I need. Any ideas?

Hmm, can't help you....but maybe you can weigh it with a postage meter? ;) When I made my chocolate trifle, which consists of mostly brownies and some pudding, I used 3/4 of the large bar pan (2 boxes) in it to fill the TB... if that helps at all?

Linda,
I just made this last night for my cluster meeting! It was really, really good.
The recipe called for 2 Pound cakes, and I used the frozen Sarah Lee ones and it was waaay too much. I think 2 cups would probably do and I also recommend making smaller cubes, I think the one inch ones were a little too big.
Also, depending on the size of your limes, you'll probably only need 4 - unless they are very small.
And reserve a bit more whipped topping for the rosettes. I ran out. Although I did have some of the cream cheese/lime juice/zest/whipped topping mixture left over so I used that when I ran out of plain whipped topping.
It's very light and it looks gorgeous. I'm going to make it for dessert on Easter. :)

I'd have to agree with Marge. A full pound is too much, you can't get the lid on! Especially if you are trying to take it to your show. I did and I just kept it in the freezer until about 10 minutes before I wanted to serve it!
2 cups should be perfect! That cream cheese mixture is awesome, now I needed all 5 of the limes, but a few of mine were small.
Also, what I did was bought a pound cake that was already sliced into serving size slices then I cubed those. It costs about $2.00 less than the frozen one! We could also bake one from a box and save money too! I can't believe how much that darn Sara Lee frozen one costs!:eek:

No problem!

MissChef said:
I'd have to agree with Marge. A full pound is too much, you can't get the lid on! Especially if you are trying to take it to your show. I did and I just kept it in the freezer until about 10 minutes before I wanted to serve it!
2 cups should be perfect! That cream cheese mixture is awesome, now I needed all 5 of the limes, but a few of mine were small.
Also, what I did was bought a pound cake that was already sliced into serving size slices then I cubed those. It costs about $2.00 less than the frozen one! We could also bake one from a box and save money too! I can't believe how much that darn Sara Lee frozen one costs!:eek:

I discovered that too - the pre-sliced ones in the Grocery Deli were cheaper (and moister) than the SL frozen! And they have different flavors for different types of Trifles! I found Plain, Almond, Chocolate, and Lemon at Meijers!:D

I made my own poundcake in the stoneware bar pan. (Thanks to recipe from this board!) Take a regular cake mix and mix as directed, but add one additional egg and one small box of instant pudding. I also added some of our vanilla and some almond extract. Yummy! I only used about 2/3 of the pan, and cut them into small cubes. Way better than frozen poundcake! I used this with the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle, but I would bet the vanilla/almond extract would taste good in the Lime Berry Trifle too!

As to how much to use, since you already have homemade at your house...If you have the medium SA bowl, fill that ALL the way up with cut up cubes and that should be good! Plus, it looks nice sitting on your demo table till you are ready to use it!

When layering, kind of smush down the cake cubes to condense them a little more so there isn't a lot of dead space... Hope that makes sense!

KellyTheChef said:
As to how much to use, since you already have homemade at your house...If you have the medium SA bowl, fill that ALL the way up with cut up cubes and that should be good! Plus, it looks nice sitting on your demo table till you are ready to use it!

When layering, kind of smush down the cake cubes to condense them a little more so there isn't a lot of dead space... Hope that makes sense!
Thanks, using the SA bowl will be a big help as to how much I need.

What is the serving size for one pound of pound cake?

The serving size for one pound of pound cake is typically 16 slices.

How many cups of batter are needed for one pound of pound cake?

One pound of pound cake generally requires about 4 cups of batter.

What is the baking time for one pound of pound cake?

The baking time for one pound of pound cake is typically 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Can I freeze one pound of pound cake?

Yes, one pound of pound cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing.

How long will one pound of pound cake stay fresh?

When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, one pound of pound cake will stay fresh for 3-4 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies