• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creamy One Pot Pasta: Crafting a Perfect Show Outline

In summary, Doris in DC is encouraging people to talk up the $2 per portion meals, which include Asian Noodle Skillet, Creamy One Pot Pasta, Tex Mex Chicken & Rice Skillet, Beef Enchilada Casserole, and Caprese Pizzas. A show outline has not been typed up yet, but it can be done in a 12" skillet or nonstick skillet instead of the stockpot. The ingredients should be set out where they can be reached, tomatoes should be microwaved with a little oil, garlic should be pressed, broth should be poured in, and pasta should be stirred in when the broth is boiling. Veggies should be prepped with a veg. peeler and mandoline, and cream cheese should be added when the pasta is cooked. Lastly, Parmesan should be served on the side. Additionally, a list of affordable recipes, both PC and non-PC, can be put together for customers who sign up with their email address.
Chefstover2 said:
I have a single burner but it's just not very strong and seems to take forever to heat my pan...do you find it takes longer than on a stovetop? Maybe my unit is just a dud!
You have a dud then!! I bought mine at Walgreens for $9.00 and let me tell you what, it jams!!! If I'm not careful it smokes my tomato oil!!! I don't think it's as fast as a stove but that's okay, I'm learning to improvise!! When I do a double batch then I just do the garlic before people come and add the broth and start the boiling process and by the time I'm ready to start the demo, it's boiling!! (And last week when I did this, everyone was coming in and saying how amazing it smelled in her home!!! So I might just do it from now on - even with single batches!!!) I just leave 1-2 garlic cloves out to demo, I'm now going to use my UM for it! THANKS FOR THE TIP! ~ Chef Kearns and Becky! I'm going to try the garlic in the UM today at home first and see what I think!
This is a fab tip for adding the UM in to this demo!

Anyway, I won't cook at a stove with my back to people because my back side is NOT my attractive
side!!:eek: :yuck: :grumpy: :D LOL!!!!
Plus, I feel I keep the attention better when I'm face to face with people!!! People are so loving this demo and the burner is such a great investment!!! Go get a new one!!!;)

Last edited:
Carolyn, thanks again for sharing your show prep outline. Just copied it out to use for tonight's shows. Have a lot going on personally (nothing bad) and need the extra help organizing my thoughts! Thank you thank you.

I did this as a demo at my show on Saturday. It is a really quick easy demo! Nobody really wanted to help me so I did most of it myself. The host forgot the garlic so we just started with the noodles.

I don't know if I would use the garlic press for the garlic though. It makes a different consitancy with the garlic which is the reason why this recipe calls for slicing the garlic.

Try it in the Stir Fry SkilletI did this recipe in the Stir-Fry Skillet and it came out perfert and had plenty of room for everything (even with a little extra veggies). The recipe calls for the 8qt stockpot that only comes in the 7 piece set and I wanted to demo it in something was available as an open stock piece. the 12qt stockpot works well too but is a bit large to bring to parties. I liked being able to show the versatility of the Stir Fry Skillet as well.

OK - I did this recipe for dinner last night and here's what I found:

I did it on the regular stove. I really wanted to try it on my portable burner but didn't have the energy to dig it out.

I sliced the garlic on the UM...and WOW!! That's a GREAT new technique I plan to show a lot!

Crinkle cutting the carrots on the UM...a bust. I found out (after owning my UM for how long??????) that my Crinkle Cutting blade is warped and was near impossible to slide into the UM. I'd never used it before. Once I got it in, it didn't work properly and jammed a lot. So I need to call HO for a new CC blade) It took me about 15 minutes to wriggle it out of my UM, too - argh.

I did the recipe in the 12" non-stick...it was phenomenal.

While spending 9mins waiting for the broth to boil, I put some chicken breasts in the DCB...used the FC to chop those up and added them to the recipe.

The best part??? My kids ate it!!!!!

It's definately a family-pleaser....my kids like it too:thumbup: Did you & your dh like it?
Did you do the whole thing in your 12" skillet?

wadesgirl said:
I did this as a demo at my show on Saturday. It is a really quick easy demo! Nobody really wanted to help me so I did most of it myself. The host forgot the garlic so we just started with the noodles.

I don't know if I would use the garlic press for the garlic though. It makes a different consitancy with the garlic which is the reason why this recipe calls for slicing the garlic.
Yikes!!! :eek: That makes the whole recipe in my opinion!!;) This is why I keep things like garlic in my kit at all times. One head will last in my kit in a sandwich bag, without growing thins for a couple weeks. Then I never have to deal with that! I usually keep a potato in there too, then I can always demo my UM!
I shop for the food for my host for this exact reason! Because I got so dang tired of not having what I need!!!:grumpy: I'm a control freak though and I guess this is just one way of staying in control!! But for me, I need this business to be smooth, and having what I need keeps it that way!;)
I wouldn't use the garlic press either, because it is a completely different flavor! Cooking it in slices makes it a real mild but yet great flavor.... plus its good getting slices of garlic while eating it!!
JMHO!:)
It's a great recipe though! Did you like it? Even though there was no garlic?

I didn't try it so I don't know how it tasted. The host tried to give me some kind of dried garlic flakes but I didn't want to use those and totally ruin it!

wadesgirl said:
I didn't try it so I don't know how it tasted. The host tried to give me some kind of dried garlic flakes but I didn't want to use those and totally ruin it!
maybe if something like that happens again, you could take some of the flakes and soften them in water, then drain and saute in the oil.... just an idea.... better than no garlic at all! Again... JMHO! But I put garlic in everything!:D

Oh yes, we are big garlic fans!

I had the leftovers for lunch today and am eating it right now re-heated for dinner - I LOVE IT!!!

How funny, I was like dinner??? Then I realized it's after 5pm on the east coast! I just finished lunch about1/2 hour ago!:D

MissChef said:
How funny, I was like dinner??? Then I realized it's after 5pm on the east coast! I just finished lunch about1/2 hour ago!:D

LOL - it's 5:20 here and I have a show tonight...wish me luck!!

The creamy One Pot Pasta is soooo good and I'm having some right now! I can't believe I waited so long to try it!!

I finally made this tonight for supper. I cut up chicken breast first, and seared it off in some of the tomato oil first, then removed them from the pan. I added them back in at the very end, along with some parsley.

Also- I am not a big fan of sundried tomatoes, but I liked them in the oil, and in this dish. I probably only used 1/3 of the jar, though since I don't like them too well. I added some olive oil back into the jar to fill it back up, so I will have more flavored oil for next time. To show how to save $$, even at my shows I may only use that amount in the dish....

Actually, everyone in my family liked it! DH said it would be better without "all that veggie crap" but I told him that was my way of getting him to accidentally eat some vegetables and get some vitamins!! lol

Ok-after reading thru this whole thread, I am going to have to try this recipe.....it just sounds too good!

gonna try this tonight! We are off to a movie this afternoon, so I am prepping all of it ahead of time! Can't wait to try it!

chefmeg said:
gonna try this tonight! We are off to a movie this afternoon, so I am prepping all of it ahead of time! Can't wait to try it!

Enjoy it Meg - it's super-yummy!
What movie are you going to see?

You'll love it Meg!
what movie are ya seeing? We're going to Kung Fu Panda tonite:)

We took the kids to Wall-E today. They loved it. I watched the first 20 minutes and the last 10 minutes. I slept thru the rest.

dannyzmom said:
We took the kids to Wall-E today. They loved it. I watched the first 20 minutes and the last 10 minutes. I slept thru the rest.

Were you that tired...or was it that bad for an adult?

Evan really wants to go see that one, too!

My Mom, DS and I went to see Indiana Jones and DH and DD went to see Kung Fu Panda.....Indy was good, but just a lillte too long and drawn out. DH says KFP was funny!

KellyTheChef said:
Were you that tired...or was it that bad for an adult?

Evan really wants to go see that one, too!

It's just my M.O.
Put me in a dark room for 2 hours and I will fall asleep. There have been VERY few movies I've stayed awake through - and for those ones I generally had chocolate milk or tea beforehand to gimme a little zing.

OK-I cooked this tonight and I am a bit underwhelmed.....:(

I liked it but it is missing something...the kids liked it, DH and I thought adding chicken is the way to go....
I think next time I will make it using the Greek Rub and add Feta instead of Parmesan

I am a new consultant, since May, and was thinking of doing this recipe. It was great to read all your success stories. Unfortunately I only have the 8" Executive saute pan that comes with the consultant kit. May have to wait until Sept. when my 90 days are up when I can order an additional piece of cookware. I already spent my PC money!!!

If your recruiter or Director are near you, they would probably be willing to lend you cookware so you can do this for a show.

Actually my recruiter works right next to me in my office and she does not have one either and our Director lives about 1 1/2 hours away. I have about 5 shows coming up in July and two should be very big ones so I may just buy one. I really need another peice for all the shows I am doing, which is good!! :)

I suggest getting the Exec. 12" skillet, then. You can use it for the pasta and for skillet cakes or the Asian Noodle Skillet, too.

<h2>1. How do I make the Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe offered by Pampered Chef?</h2><p>To make the Creamy One Pot Pasta, you will need 1 pound of penne pasta, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 diced onion, 1 pound of ground beef, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, cooking until softened. Then add the ground beef and cook until browned. Next, add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!</p><h2>2. How many servings does the Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe make?</h2><p>The Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving is about 2 cups of pasta.</p><h2>3. Can I substitute the ground beef with another protein?</h2><p>Yes, you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even plant-based meat alternatives. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.</p><h2>4. What is the best way to present this recipe at a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>At a Pampered Chef show, you can showcase the Creamy One Pot Pasta by first introducing all the ingredients and explaining the simplicity of the one pot cooking method. Then, demonstrate the steps of the recipe and encourage audience participation by having volunteers help with stirring or adding ingredients. Finally, serve the finished dish in Pampered Chef's beautiful cookware and let the guests taste and savor the deliciousness of the Creamy One Pot Pasta.</p><h2>5. How can I make this recipe more budget-friendly?</h2><p>If you're looking to make this recipe more budget-friendly, you can substitute the heavy cream with half and half or whole milk. You can also use a less expensive type of pasta, such as macaroni or shells, instead of penne. And for a vegetarian version, you can omit the ground beef and add in more vegetables, such as diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. Don't forget to check out Pampered Chef's monthly specials and promotions for more ways to save on your ingredients and cookware!</p>

1. How do I make the Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe offered by Pampered Chef?

To make the Creamy One Pot Pasta, you will need 1 pound of penne pasta, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 diced onion, 1 pound of ground beef, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, cooking until softened. Then add the ground beef and cook until browned. Next, add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!

2. How many servings does the Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe make?

The Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving is about 2 cups of pasta.

3. Can I substitute the ground beef with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even plant-based meat alternatives. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. What is the best way to present this recipe at a Pampered Chef show?

At a Pampered Chef show, you can showcase the Creamy One Pot Pasta by first introducing all the ingredients and explaining the simplicity of the one pot cooking method. Then, demonstrate the steps of the recipe and encourage audience participation by having volunteers help with stirring or adding ingredients. Finally, serve the finished dish in Pampered Chef's beautiful cookware and let the guests taste and savor the deliciousness of the Creamy One Pot Pasta.

5. How can I make this recipe more budget-friendly?

If you're looking to make this recipe more budget-friendly, you can substitute the heavy cream with half and half or whole milk. You can also use a less expensive type of pasta, such as macaroni or shells, instead of penne. And for a vegetarian version, you can omit the ground beef and add in more vegetables, such as diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. Don't forget to check out Pampered Chef's monthly specials and promotions for more ways to save on your ingredients and cookware!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mad42802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrodeo
  • DebPC