• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creamy One Pot Pasta: Crafting a Perfect Show Outline

In summary, Doris in DC is encouraging people to talk up the $2 per portion meals, which include Asian Noodle Skillet, Creamy One Pot Pasta, Tex Mex Chicken & Rice Skillet, Beef Enchilada Casserole, and Caprese Pizzas. A show outline has not been typed up yet, but it can be done in a 12" skillet or nonstick skillet instead of the stockpot. The ingredients should be set out where they can be reached, tomatoes should be microwaved with a little oil, garlic should be pressed, broth should be poured in, and pasta should be stirred in when the broth is boiling. Veggies should be prepped with a veg. peeler and mandoline, and cream cheese should be added when the pasta is cooked. Lastly, Parmesan should be served on the side. Additionally, a list of affordable recipes, both PC and non-PC, can be put together for customers who sign up with their email address.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
After chatting at length with Doris in DC about offering the $2 per serving recipes, I am dying to try out the Creamy One Pot Pasta.

Does anyone have a show outline typed up for this one?

I am hoping to do it at my next cluster meeting.

dannyzmom said:
After chatting at length with Doris in DC about offering the $2 per serving recipes, I am dying to try out the Creamy One Pot Pasta.

Does anyone have a show outline typed up for this one?

I am hoping to do it at my next cluster meeting.

Do tell! Did I miss you talking about this before or something?

Sorry...I don't have an outline. Haven't even tried this one yet!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

I got to spend some one on one time with her over lunch at the zoo on Wednesday. She is encouraging us to talk up the $2 per portion meals..Asian Noodle Skillet, Creamy One Pot Pasta, Tex Mex Chicken & Rice Skillet, Beef Enchilada Casserole, Caprese Pizzas, etc. So I am wanting to try out the Creamy One Pot Pasta this week...

Ok - No outline but I can type one - I had it for dinner tonight - CHECK yesterdays and today's thread - OMG - it is so awesome - and so easy!!!

Basically - if I did this at a show - which I haven't - I would have my broccoli, carrots and tomatoes precut... (saves time and lets you talk about products) I wouldn't use the colored cutlery ( I happen to be in love with my forged and well - better sales!) extra cheese is a must and we garnished with Parm as well ( hello... MAG or DCG) - adding shrimp tonight (thank you ANN!!) was OMG - to die for !!!! Chicken (even leftover from a 30 minute will top it nicely) I also used Whole wheat pasta - still delish.... This is becoming my I am so busy I don't know what to make meal!!!

I don't have a formal outline typed up, but I have had real success at shows with it.One thing I do is NOT use the stockpot. In part because I don't have the Executive one, just Professional. But also because there are other pans in the line that are more versatile. I've done it successfully at home and shows in the 12" SS skillet. Here's what I do. (Or have guests do, as the case may be.)Set out ingredients where I can reach them on the counter. Put the 12" skillet on the stove. Put tomatoes in 4-cup easy-read cup with a little olive oil and microwave for 30 seconds. (I have a bag of sun dried tomatoes I've been using, but since they aren't in oil, this step softens them and flavors a little oil for sauteeing the garlic.)Measure out oil with Easy Adjustable spoon, place in skillet. Turn skillet on to heat.
Press 2 cloves garlic into skillet with Garlic Press. (use 2 instead of 4 because pressing them releases more oils and flavor than slicing)
Stir garlic with Bamboo Spatula.
Open broth with can opener - pour into skillet
Cover. Bring to boil.
When at a boil, stir in pasta. Set timer. Cover.While broth comes to boil, and pasta is cooking, prep veggies. Use veg. peeler and crinkle blade of mandoline for carrots; forged cutlery on broccoli. (I never measure the broccoli, but you can use the cutting board with measure cups to do so); drain and pat dry tomatoes and cut with forged cutleryWhen pasta is cooked through, add cream cheese - use the whole block, not just 4 oz. Stir
When cream cheese is mostly melted, add veggies. Cover and set timer for 3-5 minutes to allow veggies to steam.
Stir thoroughly before serving with Chef's Tools Spoon.
Serve with fresh parmesan (microplane) on the side.--
I like to add sliced mushrooms with the other veg. And yesterday I added 1 onion, sliced, with the garlic.
If you want to add meat (and stoneware/food chopper), cook 1 or 2 chicken breasts in the micro in stoneware and then chop with the FC. Add with veg.

Could you use the nonstick skillet instead? I don't have the stainless but have the 12" nonstick? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I will be making this next week! :)

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Could you use the nonstick skillet instead? I don't have the stainless but have the 12" nonstick? Thanks!
Sure could! I don't have the 12" Exec. And I'd rather use a piece of cookware that customers can actually order. :)

Am I understanding the recipe correctly in that you don't drain the pasta?

dannyzmom said:
Am I understanding the recipe correctly in that you don't drain the pasta?
ohh, good question, please answer all you one pot creamy pasta diva's!

That's correct. 1 pound of pasta cooked in 3 cans of broth, DO NOT DRAIN. There's not a whole lot of liquid left in the pot, and then it combines with the cream cheese to make the sauce.

If there's enough liquid in a recipe you don't have to boil the pasta first. I have a yummy recipe that's like that. I will post it here. I don't know if you'd want to use it at a show (it's not a PC recipe) but it's yummy for home! I add a can of tomato sauce and some water and some italian seasoning and extra noodles. Sorry I don't have measurements for my additions I just wing it. Here's the recipe though

Tomato, Cheddar and Beef Macaroni
Sandy~Bettyinthekitchen (from BBC cooking board)

1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
1 cup water
1 cup elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef with the onions, drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, and macaroni. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until tender; stir in cheese and serve.

In fact, it would be a great to put together a list of affordable recipes. PC and non-pc recipes to offer customers if they will give their email addy. I'm sure everyone is looking for affordable, easy and quick meal ideas! :)
God bless,
Amanda

This is an awesome recipe. I'm doing it for the first time at a show tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

Ok - I threw together a quickie Carolyn-Style outline for the recipe...I usually don't make an outline w/o making the recipe first so this may be all wrong...for those of you who have made this before - does it need tweaking?

Forged Paring Knife Vegetable Peeler
8qt Stock Pot OR 12” Skillet & Lid Can Strainer
Mega Scraper Prep Bowls
Classic Batter Bowl Timer
Santoku Knife Apron
SA Dots Lg Round Bowl Catalogs
Easy Read Meas Cup Drawing Slips
EA Meas Spoon Kit Order Form
Garlic Press MF Towel
Bamboo Spatula Tablecloth
Smooth Edge Can Opener Laptop
Ult Mandoline Grate Container
Cutting Board w/Meas Cups Pinch Bowls
Microplane Adj Grater Salt & Pepper Mill?
Cheese Grater Chef’s Tool Spoon
Kitchen Shears RUFTH Trivet
Handy Scrapers (2) Small bowl & small colander

Creamy One-Pot Pasta

Grocery List
2 medium carrots, peeled (NOT baby carrots)
4 cloves garlic (fresh cloves, not the kind from a jar)
1 jar (7oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1lb uncooked penne pasta
1 head broccoli
1 block (4oz) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
1/4t salt
1/2t pepper
1 small bunch fresh basil
1 block FRESH parmesan cheese (4oz)
3 cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth
For a heartier dish – get 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Pre-show
 Put Sundried Tomatoes & Oil in Easy Read
 Open 2 out of 3 cans of broth
 Wash carrots – peel, & cut into 3” chunks
 Basil into prep bowl for snipping
 Grate some cheese into Grate Container
 Cut small block of cheese for Microplane
 Cube cream cheese into lg Pinch Bowl
 Cut up most of broccoli into Small Batter Bowl
 Salt & pepper into tiny pinch bowl
 Garlic into next pinch bowl

Thank host…benefits

Intro self and PC:
"my story"

Sales Receipt

Monthly specials

Here is a one-pot-wonder recipe that breaks down to about $2.00 per portion. You can’t even feed your family McDonald’s for that price. This is a light, delicious pasta dish that your family will be sure to request again and again. You can make it heartier by adding chicken or shrimp, too!

Measure 1T oil from the Sundried tomatoes with Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon ( ). Holds liquids AND dry, DW safe.

Place oil into 12” skillet over medium heat. Press 2 cloves garlic into oil with Garlic Press ( ). Cook 2-3 minutes until garlic is golden, stirring with Bamboo spatula ( ).
REMOVE FROM HEAT onto RUFTH Trivet ( )

Open last can of broth using Smooth Edge Can Opener ( ). Pour all 3 cans into skillet. Return to heat. Increase heat to high & cover – bring to a boil.
AT BOIL SET TIMER FOR 9 MINUTES.
Pass empty can around to feel smooth edge. Cut lid with kitchen shears.

Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets with Santoku Knife (29) on Cutting Board w/Measuring Cups (30). Scoop into Small Batter Bowl ( ) with Handy Scrapers (30)

Forged Cutlery p 29
• Handcrafted using multi-step forging process for enhanced hardness & density
• Tapered blades for precise cutting
• Full tang blade
• Protective storage case
• Lifetime guarantee
• Sharpen once every 1-2 years, hone regularly with Honing Tool (29)

Slice carrots on Ultimate Mandoline ( ) using Crinkle Cutting Blade. Add to batter bowl.
If you’re thinking about taking the plunge into your own PC business, this is one of the tools that you’ll get in your New Consultant Kit.
• 4 blades store in the garage – thick/thin slice, crinkle cut, V-blade and cheese grating blade (also good for hash browns or potato latkes…try grating apples into your ground beef to make your burgers moister & healthier w/o changing the taste or texture!)
• Safer than any other Mandoline on the market because the blade is recessed and only comes up when the hand guard is over it – protecting YOU.
This tends to be the tool everyone decides to book a show to earn for free - this and the cookware. Did you know my average host earns between $150 and $200 in totally free products of her choice? AND the Mandoline is one of your Host 60% off bonus buys in the month of June!
Drain sundried tomatoes with Colander/Bowl Set ( ) or with Can Strainer ( ). Pat dry with paper towels. Slice into thin strips with Santoku Knife. Into Batter Bowl ( ) using Handy Scrapers.

After timer goes off, toss in cubed cream cheese. Add veggies, salt & pepper. Stir with Mega Scraper ( ) until cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook additional 2-4 minutes.

While cooking, grate parmesan cheese into Grate Container ( ) with Cheese Grater Deluxe ( ), and grate more cheese with Microplane Adjustable Grater ( )

Snip fresh basil with Kitchen Shears ( ) into Prep Bowl ( )

Remove skillet from heat. Serve in SA Dots Large Round Bowl ( ). Grate fresh parm over top using Microplane Adjutable Grater ( )
• SA pieces great for cakes
• As chargers for smaller SA plates
• As everyday dinnerware
• For large salads

Timer game

Queen of Shoppers game

Go over Cust Care Slips

Close

I have been doing this recipe since the middle of May and I LOVE it and so do my customers! I have sold more cookware then before, I haven't used the family skillet but I think I might. I bought a little single burner and I have an extention cord and I do my demos that way and they are working wonderfully! The customers are so loving this recipe. I have used grilled chicken in this recipe every time and it makes it more like a meal in my opinion!
I have had 2 $1000.00 shows, 2 $600.00 shows, 1 $700, and 2 $500.00 shows using this recipe!
I don't have an outline, but I definetely promote the meals for less money, and I promote them as the Real Food Real Fast theme, because nothing beats doing it all in one pot and doing it fast!

I have been getting marrinated sundried tomatoes at Costco. They only cost around $7.50 for a 32 oz jar!!! I just split them up in 4 shows and charge my host about $2.00 for their serving and that beats the little tiny 7-8 oz jar in the grocery store, on sale for $6.00!!! I did my shopping at Costco and got the cream cheese, the pasta, grilled chicken, broccoli and I'm sure you could get the broth there too. At the grocery store, I got the carrotts, I didn't get them at Costco, because there are too many carrots in their package and I would never use them all before they started growing things out of them!!
Or you can get the broth at the grocery store, sometimes they run good sales there, I also buy bulk garlic at the grocery store but not at Costco, for the same reason as the carrots.
I also have been getting a really good deal at my local dollar store on 32 oz containers of chicken broth for obviously a dollar!:)
So I have been buying a bunch from there.
I do the shopping for my shows! I always have, because I hate not having what I want when I get to the show. I didn't do this when I had a full time job, but I have been a Stay home Mom most of my PC career and shopped for the food for the last almost 8 years!! Last week my hosts were paying me about $16-17 for a single serving and about $29-30 for a double serving! I have only been doing this recipe and I buy french bread (the take and bake ones) and show a stone too. Now if the host didn't have air conditioning then I would just bring already baked french bread!
I have not been doing dessert lately and have been enjoying my shows a lot more!!!

Another tip, I always double the cream cheese!! Makes it way better, and I use fresh basil and paremsan cheese! Those two items I buy at the grocery store! Parmesan cheese is outrageous at Costco, IMHO! And Basil... I buy (1) 16 oz package and split it in 4's and charge $1 for each one, unless of course it's a double batch!
I am so going to try the other recipes you mentioned and see what I think of those! Thanks for sharing your Doris wisdom, Carolyn!!!
Try this recipe, you'll love it!
(At home, I used less carrotts and added fresh sliced mushrooms and my hubby loved it! And I used a little less sun dried tomatoes because he doesn't like sun-dried tomatoes! And he loved this recipe and told me he would enjoy it if I made it more often!:D :love:
Good luck! You'll love it!;) :D

Last edited:
I want to test drive this recipe at home before doing it at a show but DH won't touch it with a 10ft pole. He is a total food snob.
My kids are at their Dad's tomorrow night and DH is at work...maybe I'll make it for myself!

dannyzmom said:
Ok - I threw together a quickie Carolyn-Style outline for the recipe...I usually don't make an outline w/o making the recipe first so this may be all wrong...for those of you who have made this before - does it need tweaking?

Forged Paring Knife Vegetable Peeler
8qt Stock Pot OR 12” Skillet & Lid Can Strainer
Mega Scraper Prep Bowls
Classic Batter Bowl Timer
Santoku Knife Apron
SA Dots Lg Round Bowl Catalogs
Easy Read Meas Cup Drawing Slips
EA Meas Spoon Kit Order Form
Garlic Press MF Towel
Bamboo Spatula Tablecloth
Smooth Edge Can Opener Laptop
Ult Mandoline Grate Container
Cutting Board w/Meas Cups Pinch Bowls
Microplane Adj Grater Salt & Pepper Mill?
Cheese Grater Chef’s Tool Spoon
Kitchen Shears RUFTH Trivet
Handy Scrapers (2) Small bowl & small colander

Creamy One-Pot Pasta

Grocery List
2 medium carrots, peeled (NOT baby carrots)
4 cloves garlic (fresh cloves, not the kind from a jar)
1 jar (7oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1lb uncooked penne pasta
1 head broccoli
1 block (4oz) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
1/4t salt
1/2t pepper
1 small bunch fresh basil
1 block FRESH parmesan cheese (4oz)
3 cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth
For a heartier dish – get 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Pre-show
 Put Sundried Tomatoes & Oil in Easy Read
 Open 2 out of 3 cans of broth
 Wash carrots – peel, & cut into 3” chunks
 Basil into prep bowl for snipping
 Grate some cheese into Grate Container
 Cut small block of cheese for Microplane
 Cube cream cheese into lg Pinch Bowl
 Cut up most of broccoli into Small Batter Bowl
 Salt & pepper into tiny pinch bowl
 Garlic into next pinch bowl

Thank host…benefits

Intro self and PC:
"my story"

Sales Receipt

Monthly specials

Here is a one-pot-wonder recipe that breaks down to about $2.00 per portion. You can’t even feed your family McDonald’s for that price. This is a light, delicious pasta dish that your family will be sure to request again and again. You can make it heartier by adding chicken or shrimp, too!

Measure 1T oil from the Sundried tomatoes with Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon ( ). Holds liquids AND dry, DW safe.

Place oil into 12” skillet over medium heat. Press 2 cloves garlic into oil with Garlic Press ( ). Cook 2-3 minutes until garlic is golden, stirring with Bamboo spatula ( ).
REMOVE FROM HEAT onto RUFTH Trivet ( )

Open last can of broth using Smooth Edge Can Opener ( ). Pour all 3 cans into skillet. Return to heat. Increase heat to high & cover – bring to a boil.
AT BOIL SET TIMER FOR 9 MINUTES.
Pass empty can around to feel smooth edge. Cut lid with kitchen shears.

Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets with Santoku Knife (29) on Cutting Board w/Measuring Cups (30). Scoop into Small Batter Bowl ( ) with Handy Scrapers (30)

Forged Cutlery p 29
• Handcrafted using multi-step forging process for enhanced hardness & density
• Tapered blades for precise cutting
• Full tang blade
• Protective storage case
• Lifetime guarantee
• Sharpen once every 1-2 years, hone regularly with Honing Tool (29)

Slice carrots on Ultimate Mandoline ( ) using Crinkle Cutting Blade. Add to batter bowl.
If you’re thinking about taking the plunge into your own PC business, this is one of the tools that you’ll get in your New Consultant Kit.
• 4 blades store in the garage – thick/thin slice, crinkle cut, V-blade and cheese grating blade (also good for hash browns or potato latkes…try grating apples into your ground beef to make your burgers moister & healthier w/o changing the taste or texture!)
• Safer than any other Mandoline on the market because the blade is recessed and only comes up when the hand guard is over it – protecting YOU.
This tends to be the tool everyone decides to book a show to earn for free - this and the cookware. Did you know my average host earns between $150 and $200 in totally free products of her choice? AND the Mandoline is one of your Host 60% off bonus buys in the month of June!
Drain sundried tomatoes with Colander/Bowl Set ( ) or with Can Strainer ( ). Pat dry with paper towels. Slice into thin strips with Santoku Knife. Into Batter Bowl ( ) using Handy Scrapers.

After timer goes off, toss in cubed cream cheese. Add veggies, salt & pepper. Stir with Mega Scraper ( ) until cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook additional 2-4 minutes.

While cooking, grate parmesan cheese into Grate Container ( ) with Cheese Grater Deluxe ( ), and grate more cheese with Microplane Adjustable Grater ( )

Snip fresh basil with Kitchen Shears ( ) into Prep Bowl ( )

Remove skillet from heat. Serve in SA Dots Large Round Bowl ( ). Grate fresh parm over top using Microplane Adjutable Grater ( )
• SA pieces great for cakes
• As chargers for smaller SA plates
• As everyday dinnerware
• For large salads

Timer game

Queen of Shoppers game

Go over Cust Care Slips

Close
Thanks for this, I'm going to copy it to word and add what I do and print it!

dannyzmom said:
I want to test drive this recipe at home before doing it at a show but DH won't touch it with a 10ft pole. He is a total food snob.
My kids are at their Dad's tomorrow night and DH is at work...maybe I'll make it for myself!
OMG!!! Do it!! You'll eat it for left overs and LOVE IT!!! You can always split the recipe in 1/2 too!
Also, I thought my hubby would be harder on me about it because he can be VERY DIFFICULT:grumpy: :rolleyes: about food, and was really nervous when I made it and nothing else for dinner, ;) but he really liked it!

Carolyn, at home I would use the Garlic Press for the garlic, but at a party I would so do it with the Ulitmate Mandolin. It is a higher dollar product and the guests are really impressed to see the UM thinly slice the garlic. JMHO!

Chef Kearns said:
Carolyn, at home I would use the Garlic Press for the garlic, but at a party I would so do it with the Ulitmate Mandolin. It is a higher dollar product and the guests are really impressed to see the UM thinly slice the garlic. JMHO!
I always just use a knife, I may have to try the UM before my show tomorrow!

The only thing that sucks is the peeling of the garlic, but I LOVE showing what the UM can do.

i will stop by for leftovers---

Chef Kearns said:

You can do the garlic on the UM???

I haven't done the garlic on the UM but I would think you take one clove to each prong on the food holder - I prefer the knives. You have to make it Carolyn - its addicting!

I love your outline format Carolyn. Thanks for sharing that!

I've also had great success with this recipe, both with regular pasta and whole wheat. I used Ann's recommendation to put in the whole block of cream cheese and add it by itself to melt some, then add the other ingrediants. Works like a charm.

It is delicious, healthy, and soooo inexpensive!

dannyzmom said:
You can do the garlic on the UM???

I just throw the garlic in the food holder, put the "lid" on, and slice away - it works beautifully! You don't have to worry about having the garlic on the prongs. You can do a whole handful of garlic cloves in just seconds!

legacypc46 said:
I love your outline format Carolyn. Thanks for sharing that!

I've also had great success with this recipe, both with regular pasta and whole wheat. I used Ann's recommendation to put in the whole block of cream cheese and add it by itself to melt some, then add the other ingrediants. Works like a charm.

It is delicious, healthy, and soooo inexpensive!

I can't do a demo w/o an outline - I am so anal.

Another tip - did you know the stores sell garlic flavored chicken broth? It is just another tip in case you wanted to try it for your "garlic lover" friends and family.

I will be demonstrating this recipe Tuesday night for the first time at a show but have done it 5 times at home. This is what I plan on saying about this recipe in addition to the $2 per serving: "It is better than any pasta entree at Olive Garden without waiting an hour to get seated, trying to deal with a not so attentive waiter or having to waste your gas getting there and back home."

Oh, this recipe is sooooo good! I can't believe you haven't tried it---you will love it!
I usually do the garlic in the garlic press.....does it really make a difference if you slice it? I hate peeling it.

lacychef said:
Oh, this recipe is sooooo good! I can't believe you haven't tried it---you will love it!
I usually do the garlic in the garlic press.....does it really make a difference if you slice it? I hate peeling it.

I use the garlic press too. I find that most of my customers would rather not TOUCH the garlic or bite into a slice of garlic. Personally, I love garlic and won't care if I touched it or bit into it. I don't think it makes or breaks the recipe one way or the other.

dannyzmom said:

Neither will my husband and I want to try it. I want to do this at my shows in July and do not like demoing it without first trying it but also do not want to make it for just me. Uhhhh men!:eek: :D

jrstephens said:
Neither will my husband and I want to try it. I want to do this at my shows in July and do not like demoing it without first trying it but also do not want to make it for just me. Uhhhh men!:eek: :D

Wow! You guys have that much trouble getting your men to try new recipes or is it that they are picky? My fiance said I could experiment on him anytime because he eats everything. I feel awful that you guys have picky ADULT eaters in your home. I would make the recipe and invite your girlfriends over to eat it with you! :p

dannyzmom said:
I can't do a demo w/o an outline - I am so anal.

Neither can I Carolyn....I've tried, and it's just a mess! I'm not anal....just easily distracted. If I don't have an outline, I become a blob of chaos at my shows!

DessertDivaFL said:
Wow! You guys have that much trouble getting your men to try new recipes or is it that they are picky? My fiance said I could experiment on him anytime because he eats everything. I feel awful that you guys have picky ADULT eaters in your home. I would make the recipe and invite your girlfriends over to eat it with you! :p

LOL - I guess I'm lucky too. DH has never once complained, or demanded, or not eaten a meal. His way of letting me know that he didn't care for what I've made is to just say "You don't have to make that again just for me.":D

ChefBeckyD said:
I just throw the garlic in the food holder, put the "lid" on, and slice away - it works beautifully! You don't have to worry about having the garlic on the prongs. You can do a whole handful of garlic cloves in just seconds!

Seriously??
I am gonna have to try this!

DessertDivaFL said:

Mine is VERY picky! Drives me insane. It cuts my variety that I would cook in half!

It does work really well for the garlic that way.I use the UM for the carrots, and use the garlic press for the garlic. That way, nobody has to peel garlic, and it shows another tool.
And for those concerned about biting into a piece of garlic, it cooks long enough that its not really strong, and practically dissolves anyway.

DessertDivaFL said:
Another tip - did you know the stores sell garlic flavored chicken broth? It is just another tip in case you wanted to try it for your "garlic lover" friends and family.

I will be demonstrating this recipe Tuesday night for the first time at a show but have done it 5 times at home. This is what I plan on saying about this recipe in addition to the $2 per serving: "It is better than any pasta entree at Olive Garden without waiting an hour to get seated, trying to deal with a not so attentive waiter or having to waste your gas getting there and back home."[/B]

Ooooh - I like that!!

DessertDivaFL said:

It's not that my husband is a picky eater - he's not. He is a gourmet. A food snob. He loves to cook...makes everything from scratch...wouldn't DREAM of using a can of Cream of Mushroom soup in a recipe, or use frozen hash browns, etc. He makes absolutely everything from scratch and finds a lot of the PC recipes to be an insult to his taste buds - LOL

chefann said:
I don't have a formal outline typed up, but I have had real success at shows with it.

One thing I do is NOT use the stockpot. In part because I don't have the Executive one, just Professional. But also because there are other pans in the line that are more versatile. I've done it successfully at home and shows in the 12" SS skillet.

OMG! I am so glad you mentioned this! I do not have the stockpot, but I do have the 12" Executive skillet. I am going to start offering this at my shows now! Thanks Ann!

Should I use the SS Skillet or the Exec? Does it matter?

MissChef said:
I bought a little single burner and I have an extention cord and I do my demos that way and they are working wonderfully!

I have a single burner but it's just not very strong and seems to take forever to heat my pan...do you find it takes longer than on a stovetop? Maybe my unit is just a dud!

I think you may have a dud Kristen. I have a little burner from Wal-Mart, too and have never had a problem with it.

Chefstover2 said:
I have a single burner but it's just not very strong and seems to take forever to heat my pan...do you find it takes longer than on a stovetop? Maybe my unit is just a dud!

My single burner thing stinks, too.
DH has an induction burner that I think I may borrow - I know the induction works with our SS.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I guess I'm lucky too. DH has never once complained, or demanded, or not eaten a meal. His way of letting me know that he didn't care for what I've made is to just say "You don't have to make that again just for me.":D

My DH is a food snob, too- too many bad memories as a child eating spaghetti sauce made with ketchup (his mom was German, his dad was full blooded Italian) After his Dad died, his mother was broke, had 7 kids and sauce was made with ketchup... DH doesn't like quite a bit, but when my sister moved in with us I think it took about 2-2.5 months and he doesn't complain about what I put in front of him.

He knows to eat it, or he'll have to snack on crap for the rest of the night because that's what I'm making. I always try to please him by making things he likes, but I try something new at least twice a week- and he's just gonna have to deal with it. I'm an artists darn-it not a short order cook! I create culinary "masterpieces" and he's gonna just have to get used to it!!!

:) Carolyn, I'll be trying the one pot creamy pasta this week, too! I'll let you know how it goes!

dannyzmom said:
Should I use the SS Skillet or the Exec? Does it matter?
Shouldn't matter.

Chef Kearns said:

Great Tip....so I would put all 4 cloves in the Mandolin at the same time?

Yes, Ginger. I haven't tried just shoving them in the holder. I slide them onto a prong, but do slice them all at the same time. I use the thin setting on the thick/thin blade (UM)

Chef Kearns said:
Yes, Ginger. I haven't tried just shoving them in the holder. I slide them onto a prong, but do slice them all at the same time. I use the thin setting on the thick/thin blade (UM)

OK...Great, thats what I meant to say! Thanks!! :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mad42802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci