• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy One-Pot Baked Ziti Recipe | Perfect for Microwave Cooking

In summary, this recipe can be mainly done in the microwave. The sausage can be browned on the stovetop and then added to the sauce with the other ingredients. The pasta can be cooked in the microwave without the need for a boil over.
kreaser
Gold Member
need your thoughts on if this recipe could mainly be done in microwave in large rockcrok?
One-Pot Baked Ziti
serves 6-8
(Printable Recipe)
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes (San Marzano)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups water
12 oz ziti
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

See an Asian Pot Roast Recipe Brown Italian sausage in 9-inch (2.5qt) oven save pan until browned. Drain fat. Add onion flakes and garlic. Cook for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.Add water and ziti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.Remove skillet from heat. Stir in ricotta and heavy cream. Cook on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
thinking of cooking the sausage on stove top and then adding the 3 onion rub, and garlic and tomatoes salt and pepper and popping it in microwave for that minute or two. then adding the water and uncooked ziti and boiling it all in the microwave to cook up the pasta in there. Would that work all in the rockcrok?then I would finish off the recipe with the cheeses and broilI know i make that chicken penne pasta in the the DCB in the microwave....have big party friday nite and she wants to make this. I want to show the crok in the microwave so if I can cook it up the majority of the way in there that will be impressive. Would it boil over do you think if I do it in dutch oven ? Or is that where I could then put the boil over on it in the microwave too instead of the lid

oops...forgot to paste in the recipe..here it is
One-Pot Baked Ziti
serves 6-8
(Printable Recipe)
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes (San Marzano)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups water
12 oz ziti
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

See an Asian Pot Roast Recipe Brown Italian sausage in 9-inch (2.5qt) oven save pan until browned. Drain fat. Add onion flakes and garlic. Cook for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.Add water and ziti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.Remove skillet from heat. Stir in ricotta and heavy cream. Cook on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Definitely like the idea of browning the sausage on the stovetop. I'd brown it with the onion flakes & garlic. Use the mix & chopto break up the sausage.
Then just put the ziti in with the tomatoes & water. Not sure if it will boil over, though!

well I tried this tonite....it's awesome...did pretty much exactly how I stated the recipe in the beginning post. No need to use the boil over. I just put the lid on the dutch oven and it's fine. It boils but not like boiling noodles in just plain water. It cooked right up. I did a single batch in dutch oven and could have put in another 1/2 size recipe. I added just a little bit of the crushed tomatoes into the sausage when browning up to give it some liquid so sausage didn't stick to bottom at beginning. it took just about 10 minutes to cook all up in microwave. I stirred it at 10. then finished off in broiler. Awesome one to demo. going to make friday at party with pull apart garlicy bread baked in fluted stone.

Glad to hear you tried it! And that it didn't boil over.
Let us now how they like it at your show! It really shows the rockcrock's versatility.

What ingredients do I need to make One Pot Baked Ziti?

To make One Pot Baked Ziti, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 12 oz uncooked ziti pasta
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Can I use a different type of pasta instead of ziti?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer for this recipe. Penne, rigatoni, or rotini would all work well.

Do I need to pre-cook the pasta before adding it to the One Pot Baked Ziti?

No, the pasta will cook in the sauce and absorb the flavors as it bakes in the oven. This saves time and also results in a more flavorful dish.

Can I make One Pot Baked Ziti ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the dish ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just be sure to cover it with foil and add an extra 5-10 minutes to the baking time.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on portion size. It can easily be doubled to feed a larger crowd or to have leftovers for future meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies