• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

One-person show?

ChefBeth2

Mar 21, 2006
I have a Catalog Show host who basically ordered $400 for herself and wants to pay for it by credit card. With a $400 show, she earns $45 in FREE products. Can I list her has the host and the solo paying guest?

I am a new consultant and this is my first show!!

Beth in PA

PS The host is NOT married, so I can't put it in her husband's name as someone suggested to me. The credit card is in her name, obviously.

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
:) I would put it in her moms name or someone close to her. You can use her credit card to pay for both orders though.

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Have you thought of recruiting her? Anyone who wants to purchase so much - a PC junkie - would make so much more being a consultant and EARN FREE STUFF!! Woo hoo!

ChefBeth2

Mar 21, 2006
Why does everyone suggest me putting in another name? I don't get it... if $150 equals a show and the host buys it all for herself, why shouldn't she get the free products too?

My friend has no relatives -- her mom abandoned her a long time ago, she was an only child and she isn't married.

Does HO not allow a host to be both a host and a guest at the same time is my question.

Thanks,

Beth in PA

PS -- I am definitely going to try to recruit her!

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
The show total is based on guest orders, not the host order.

You can even use a friend's name or a cousin's name...or even an alter ego!

The only time I have seen a host also be a guest is when he/she has booked off their previous show. Then they do that so they can get the extra host special.

Make sense?

dianevill

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Why not be the host and guest?

I have a friend that orders a lot of PC (no, she's not interested in becoming a consultant;) ). I just enter her guest order under her name, and then anything above and beyond $150 goes on her own host order. I've never had a problem doing this.

Diane

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
That is what I would do. Put her in as a guest, then put her in as a host. When I do this I sometimes will do the guest as S. Nixon or whatever her initails are and then the full name as the host. I just had a host order over 400 in product herself, but she had a few more guest's orders. I put in her guests, then put her in as a guest with part of her order until she reached the level she wanted and then used the rest as her host order. Both orders were in her name. It saved her about 70.00 or so.

ChefBeth2

Mar 21, 2006
So, if I list the solo guest as "J. Smith" and then have her as the host as "Jane Smith" -- does that work?

Thanks! I'm a new consultant and trying to figure this all out

Feb 8, 2006
there is no problem at all with the host and guest being the same person. Just closed one out like that where the lady orderd $156.00 worth of stuff then I put her as the host and she got the 15% off her food chopper. It really doesn't matter.