1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

One Of Our Own Is Missing!

Discussion in 'Morning Updates' started by The_Kitchen_Guy, Jul 2, 2007.

1. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Paige has gone missing. This is for real. LINK.

[​IMG]

Missing Junction woman's vehicle found ablaze

Paige Birgfeld, of Grand Junction, was last seen Thursday.
    By Rocky Mountain News
    July 2, 2007
    A missing Grand Junction woman's car was found engulfed in flames last night, a television station reported this morning.

KJCT said police and fire departments responded to the blaze about 10 p.m. in northwest Grand Junction.

Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents are at the scene today, KJCT said.

Mesa County authorities have been looking for Paige Birgfeld, 34, who has been missing since Thursday.

Birgfeld was last seen wearing a blue-flowered tube top and blue jean shorts and riding in a red 2005 Ford Focus, Colorado license plate 022-OOX.

The woman also goes by the names Paige Dixon and Paige Beigler. She is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, about 110 pounds with sandy blond hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Mesa County sheriff's office at 970-244-3500.

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I just googled it too and found many news reports......we really need to be praying! She has young children and is a single mom!

I am just sick right now.....

Jul 2, 2007
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

NO WAY!!!! How did you find that? That's scary. And hadn't she mentioned something about getting back together with an ex?

4. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Oh my - I saw that on the Hijack thread and didn't know whether to take it seriously or not!!!!

Jul 2, 2007
  5. janetupnorth

Yes, Becky, someone on the hijack thread said they copied posts.

Someone should notify Greg and Deb to lock/back-up any of her information here!

Maybe I will...

Jul 2, 2007
  6. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

She did recently post about the ex being back in her life. Yikes! Should someone forward those messages to the authorities?

7. janetupnorth

Someone here said they already copied them and reported them. I just sent a message to Admin Greg to do the same from his end since his servers would have more information!

Jul 2, 2007
  8. crystalscookingnow

9. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

YES, this is scary. I went back and looked too - It wasn't that she was getting back together with an ex (someone else I think had said that about themselves) but that he was moving back to the state and would only be 3 hours from them. Holy cr@p. This gives me a BAAADD feeling..... I'll be praying for her safe return.

10. Kathytnt

Kathytnt Senior Member

Oh my gosh I pray she is o.k What is the status on the children??

Jul 2, 2007
  11. SummerG

SummerG Member

Oh how terrible! Her last log-on date here was 6/27/07 and the report says she's been missing since Thursday 6/28/07.

Praying that she is ok...

Jul 2, 2007
  12. crystalscookingnow

Maybe we can help them find her or at least know who to look for. Even though we don't have a name, surely someone where she's at will know his name.

13. jbarnhill

jbarnhill Member Silver Member

I just talked to her on the phone on the 23rd although i had been trying for a few days before that so i could get her payment for some tupperware i ordered from her party.

JoLynn

Jul 2, 2007
  14. sillylittlechef

sillylittlechef Member

I'm just being curious, but why was she going by different names?
    I really hope that she is found soon --safe and sound. I will keep her in my prayers.

15. Hi folks. I hope you don't mind me posting this here. I've met Paige a few times and also work for the newspaper in her city. Anyone who has any information to pass on about her, we'd appreciate it if you'd send it to us:

tpowell@gjds.com

We'll pass along info to officers investigating the case as we get it. Thanks.

Todd Powell, Web editor
    The Daily Sentinel/GJSentinel.com
    Grand Junction, CO

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
    Jul 2, 2007
  16. janetupnorth

I'm guessing past marriages - the news listed them all in case - I know she has 1 ex - maybe 2?

17. crystalscookingnow

There may me a maiden name involved, as well as a married name, plus if she was married again.

I have been married twice, but have had 5, yes 5, different last names, thanks to my mother's marriages. :)

18. lacychef

lacychef Legend Member

OMG, you guys! I will definately say a prayer for her & her kids. THanks for posting this KG. Wow, I hope everything is okay....there have been too many stories like this lateyly....

Jul 2, 2007
  19. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

This sure makes all the goofiness of late seem kinda pointless, doesn't it?

20. janetupnorth

Yes, and your Avatar really scared me KG! :eek:

21. lacychef

lacychef Legend Member

Ain't that the truth! I haven't been on here much during the day, but I will be checking this thread often to see of new updates!

Jul 2, 2007
  22. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Me too! This is really frightening, there has been way too much of these kinds of horror stories going on lately! Makes me really appreciate my family.

23. crystalscookingnow

Based on the story in the link posted by Becky, it doesn't look like the kids' dad is around right now.

"Birgfeld’s father, Frank Birgfeld, said Rob Dixon is currently en route from the East Coast to be with the family and the couple’s children, ages 8, 5 and 3."

24. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

WOW!!! This is just freaky! I will definetly be thinking of her and her family!

25. SilverCeladon

SilverCeladon Advanced Member

Oh my goodness. How scary. I hope they find her safe and sound very soon.

26. chefkristin

chefkristin Legacy Member Gold Member

OMG! I don't even know what to say. I feel like I am going to be sick.:(

Jul 2, 2007
  27. reba515

reba515 Advanced Member

this is just awful ! i don't even know what to say. I am just sitting here sick to my stomach.goose bumps.
    I hope she returns safely.

Jul 2, 2007
  28. mommyhugz1978

mommyhugz1978 Legacy Member Gold Member

HOLY Cow... that is just sicking.... I will keep her in my prayers I hope that they find her safe! This is just crazy ... As I read the title of the thread I thought that it was like a joke or something... I hope she returns safely

29. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I signed on unable to sleep (almost midnight here) and thought I'd browse a little while for business ideas. Now that seems so trivial at the moment....

Thanks for bringing this to our attention KG. I'm going back to bed and holding my DH a little tighter.

Jul 2, 2007
  30. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I picked a bad day to be away from CS. I had NO idea. I don't know what to say. The three names one is maiden, 1st marriage and second marriage.

Jul 2, 2007
  31. crystalscookingnow

I just looked through past posts & saw that her 2nd husband is the father of her 3 kids. The first husband is the one that she has recently gotten back together with.

He and I didn't have any kids, they are all from my second husband, who won't like hearing about me having anything to do with the first husband again. I met him when I was 15 and we were married 8 years, about 10 years ago. He was a total stoner and has given that up, which has increased his intelligence level and maturity level immensely. He also rarely worked, letting me be the bread winner, and even though he earns enough to make it (owns a nice home, has 2 paid off cars), he hasn't worked once in the 4 weeks I've been re-acquainted with him. Mostly, our marriage dissolved because I became incredibly hormonal and wanted a baby soooo bad, and he didn't want one yet (probably smart since he was a pot head!). So, now I have the babies, don't need that one fixed anymore. From the "What an honor to be asked" post.

32. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I'm just sick at the thought of this. I know there's nothing that I can physically do to help, but I want to. Anyone else with that helpless feeling?

Ugh. This isn't supposed to happen to real people.

Jul 2, 2007
  33. chefkristin

Ann I am sitting here not knowing what to do. This is not good.

Jul 2, 2007
  34. mommyhugz1978

mommyhugz1978 Legacy Member Gold Member

I feel completely helpless too.. I want to help but I wouldn't' even know where to begin..... Ugh..... This inst supposed to happen to good people.

35. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I can't believe this, I had NO idea. I have been waiting for her to send me her address so I could mail a check for that TW show she had. I thought it was odd that I didn't hear from her. She also emailed me a letter for my business, too, but that OMG, now that I look at it was on 6/23.

Jul 2, 2007
  36. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

And yet, this is an illustration of what a great community this is. Look at how we all care for each other and want to help, even just through prayer.

My stomach hurts....

Jul 2, 2007
  37. chefkristin

Who is the person in the HighJack thread that let us all know?? He just signed up today.:confused:

Jul 2, 2007
  38. sillylittlechef

sillylittlechef Member

My dh and I were just talking last night about how much violence has been happening lately between family members. I don't want to jump to any conclusions about this guy. Hopefully, he is uninvolved, for the sake of those poor kids.
    Just recently the neighbors of a friend of mine were all just shot and killed. Wife and three kids shot by the husband. He tried to say the wife killed the kids then herself.
    It's just a sad world that we live in. It really is scary and makes you wonder if you really ever know someone.
    Even if you aren't a praying person. Take a moment and pray or be still for Paige and all those other women out there who might need a prayer and a safe path home.

39. crystalscookingnow

I feel ill, too. These things are NOT supposed to happen.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted