• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giant Pumpkin Weighs in at a Record 1,810 Pounds!

In summary, the 1,810-pound giant pumpkin is a new world record for the heaviest pumpkin ever grown, beating the previous record set in 2016. It was grown using specialized techniques and a specific type of seed. While technically edible, it is not recommended to eat due to its size and purpose. The pumpkin is a variety called a "giant pumpkin" or "Atlantic Giant" and is specifically bred for size and weight. Transporting a pumpkin of this size can be a challenge, with some growers using forklifts or cranes to carefully move it onto a flatbed truck or trailer.
esavvymom
Staff member
Did you see this...?! Yikes! That's as big as what my kids were at 18 months!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,554809,00.html?test=faces

my girl is not even close to being that size at 9 months. she is on ly 15 lbs 15oz.

Wow. Mom had a c-section, but could you imagine how she must have felt a few days before the birth, carrying him around?! :eek:

my question is how do they get this big in the womb?

Forget those newborn cloths and go directly to 9 month size! Seriously, though, this could have been a very serious thing medically for her and the child.

LOL- my son was 7 lbs and 5 oz when he was born. Now he is almost 5 months and is 20 lbs! I know! He's such a big baby but is very tall- he's already over 27 inches long. All babies are different :).

I thought my kids were big babies! My oldest son was 10 lbs. 11 oz (only 2 days overdue and no gestational diabetes), my second son was 9 lbs. 12 oz (5 days early) and my daughter was 9 lbs. 4 oz (8 days early). I can't even imagine carrying a baby that big!!

Wow! Someone who beat me...my son was 12 pounds 6 oz! She's an amazing woman!

This really scares the heck out of me!!!!!! I'm thinking 7lbs sounds like a nice size and that's what I'm hoping for.LOL

My son was 18 pounds at 1 year old! I'm surprised that this woman was not monitored. It must be the differences of medical care. In the US if you were diabetic, you would be on constant monitoring. The glucose levels would really be monitored.

1. What is the significance of the 1,810-pound giant pumpkin?

The 1,810-pound giant pumpkin is significant because it is a new world record for the heaviest pumpkin ever grown. It beat the previous record of 2,624 pounds set in 2016.

2. How was the pumpkin grown to be so large?

The pumpkin was grown using specialized techniques such as hand pollination, pruning, and careful irrigation. The grower also used a specific type of seed known for producing large pumpkins.

3. Is the pumpkin edible?

While technically the pumpkin is edible, it is not recommended to eat due to its size and the fact that it was grown primarily for competition purposes. The skin is thick and tough, and the flesh may not have the best taste or texture.

4. What type of pumpkin is it?

The pumpkin is a variety called a "giant pumpkin" or "Atlantic Giant." It is a hybrid of different types of pumpkins and is specifically bred for size and weight.

5. How do you transport a pumpkin that large?

Transporting a pumpkin of this size can be a challenge. Some growers use forklifts or cranes to carefully move the pumpkin onto a flatbed truck or trailer. It is important to support the pumpkin's weight and avoid any damage during transport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amy07
Replies
Views
Ish
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies