• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Shows Started On Time: A Struggle!

In summary, Amanda is having a hard time getting her shows started on time, and one reason is that she's trying to start them at a time that people will remember. However, her show on Saturday started 45 mins late because two ladies got lost.
DebbieJ
I am having a horrible time getting my shows started on time.

I tried putting 6:57 p.m. on the invites instead of 7 p.m.--so they'd remember the time--and I've gotten a lot of "people think it's dumb" kind of feedback. My show on Saturday started 45 mins late because people were trickling in and two ladies got lost. :eek:

I remember way back when--when I went to my first PC show--the consultant did an on time drawing. I think she gave something small (citrus peeler or QK knife).

Anyone else do this?

The on time drawing is a big thing with my cluster in Las Vegas and I know my director uses it all the time, especially with large shows and our cluster meetings. It works well for her and I think it's worth a try.

HEre is an ideaWhen I have a host who tells me that no one RSVP'd or not very many people did, I have her call them and tell them (or send an email) or even write it on the invites. First person to arrive gets FREE shipping. Also everyone who arrives before or on time is put into a drawing to win a prize!
Prizes can be something I have extra or something I use for door prizes, like bamboo tongs, Season's best, etc
Also you can mention to your hosts that out of respect for those who showed up on time, we should start when we said we would start, I mean I always allow like 10 min. sometimes. But no more than that. Get on with your intro, demo, and games!! I always do two demos, one is the big dish or appetizer the other is the dessert which is pretty much already done, and just requires a little decorating.
I try to talk about hosting and recruiting throughout the show so even late people can hear about that!
Debbie

I haven't been on time for a thing in years, but my director has tremendous success with starting EVERY show EXACTLY on time. Even if it is just herself and the hostess, she'll start making the recipe with the hostess's help. You know, it is a SHOW. The movie show doesn't wait for everyone to show up, it starts when it's scheduled to start. There's something to be said for respecting the time of the guests and host who were on time.

Also, my director arrives at the host's house Mon-Thurs at 6:00, starts the show at exactly 6:30, and she is always home with her dishes already washed before 9:00. My kifd would love it if I could master that kind of schedule.

I start my shows at 6:30pm now. It works out perfect, they are on time or there by 7pm and I am home by 9pm!
AM

1. How can I ensure that my shows start on time?

To ensure that your shows start on time, it is important to communicate clearly with your host and guests about the start time. Send reminder emails or texts a few days before the show to remind them of the start time. You can also use a timer or set an alarm to remind yourself to start the show on time. Finally, make sure to arrive at the show location early to set up and be ready to start on time.

2. What should I do if my host is running late?

If your host is running late, it is important to communicate with them and find out an estimated time of arrival. If possible, you can start the show without the host and have them join in when they arrive. Alternatively, you can use this time to engage with the guests and answer any questions they may have.

3. How can I handle guests who arrive late?

If guests arrive late, it is important to greet them and make them feel welcome. Briefly introduce yourself and let them know what has already been covered in the show. You can also provide them with any materials or handouts they may have missed. Try to catch them up as quickly as possible without disrupting the flow of the show.

4. What if there are technical difficulties that delay the show?

In the event of technical difficulties, it is important to remain calm and communicate with your host and guests. Let them know that you are working to resolve the issue and provide an estimated time for when the show will continue. If necessary, you can also offer to reschedule the show for a later time.

5. How can I keep the show running on time?

To keep the show running on time, it is important to have a plan and stick to it. Practice your show beforehand to get a sense of how long each segment will take. It can also be helpful to have a co-host or assistant who can help keep track of time and remind you when it's time to move on to the next segment. Additionally, try to keep any discussions or interactions with guests concise and on topic to avoid going off schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chesse
  • Pam Barrett
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
nldavis321
Replies
Views
Sheila