• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

on theRoad Again, in Lombard, Illinois and Close to Home...

be the third time that I have participated in this event. The first time was when I was much younger and my father was driving and we participated in a car rally from Columbus to Chicago. I remember it well as it was the first time that I had ever been on a long car trip and the first time that I had ever been in a car with my father. The second time was a few years ago when my wife and I participated in a car rally from Chicago to New Orleans. Again, it was a lot of fun and we were able to raise a lot of money for a very good cause. This year, I will be driving my 'other' car, a vintage VW bug, which I restored
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I'm on the road again with my "other" job and my hotel is practically in the shadow of HO.

I wish I had an excuse to go there. At least I just walked down to breakfast with my official PC coffee mug. Of course, the only thing I could do at HO is be underfoot and in the way - which I can do pretty well right here.

I wonder is VIP does will-call deliveries? They're right around the corner, too!

Glad to see that you found a way to get on here while on the road! Maybe just pop in to say hi to Doris?

soonerchef said:
Glad to see that you found a way to get on here while on the road! Maybe just pop in to say hi to Doris?
Oh, that's a great idea. I'm sure I'll immediately get ushered right upstairs. I'll get a satin sash and just tell them I'm the Ambassador from Chefferland.

Just make sure it matches the new Tile Linens, and you will be a shew in!

I'm carrying my official Pampered Chef coffee mug from Conference so they'll know right away that I'm someone important enough to see Doris.

:rolleyes:

Hey! Lombard is right around the corner from me! Well, not TOO far anyhow. I asked the home office if I could come by sometime and they pretty much said no. What a bummer. I suppose it is, though, as you say, you'd just be in the way. I'd stop by just to see the museum, though. I could have stayed there all day during the HO tour!

Go see my last 'blog entry for a more detailed description of exactly what you're talking about. ;)

speedychef said:
Hey! Lombard is right around the corner from me! Well, not TOO far anyhow. I asked the home office if I could come by sometime and they pretty much said no. What a bummer. I suppose it is, though, as you say, you'd just be in the way. I'd stop by just to see the museum, though. I could have stayed there all day during the HO tour!
Well, that just stinks.....At the factory I work in they usher people around there all day taking tours to see how things work, I really was disappointed with the 'HO tour' I figured I would be able to find out what it was like on the other side of the tour, lol. They always seem to be taking people around at break or lunch, ughh, I mean, I hope I don't have anything in my teeth when they walk by, lol.

speedychef said:

OMG there's a museum, cool! I guess I do have to go to conference next year!

It really doesn't surprise me that they don't want visitors, after all, they're trying to keep all of us happy, not to mention a half a bazillion customers.

At the same time, I'm surprised that they don't want visitors, because I bet there are about a tenth of a bazllion customers that would love to see the facility.

Then again, it doesn't surprise me that they don't want visitors, after all, they're really a distribution company. They don't make anything themselves. They buy product that is shipped into the big building off I-355 and shipped up to us to ship to customers.

The museum is cool, no doubt, but other than that, there is nothing terribly exciting and romantic for customers to see. HO is an office and a warehouse. Some of us see that pretty regularly.

I suspect that both consultants and customers would like to see the test kitchen. My mother worked in a test kitchen for many years of her life. Trust me, it is no where as exciting as the videos that you see. It takes days and days to shoot those few minutes of video that we get to see.

But consultants really do need to see the HO and it's worth it to go to conference just for that.

Well, hello from Geneva, which is only about 40-45 minutes from where you are. Hope you're enjoying good old Lombard! :)

I like Geneva, too. Been there, too.

This weekend, I'll be in LAKE Geneva, in Wisconsin, although there are more Illinois plates on the cars than any other.

It will be for the http://www.classiccarrally.net/ with funds raised going to childhood cancer research.

This will be the 23rd year that I've driven my car in this rally.

http://www.classiccarrally.net/

jenniferlynne said:
Just make sure it matches the new Tile Linens, and you will be a shew in!
More likely, a guard would sock me at the door.

I LOVE warehouses and factories and that kind of stuff. I would LOVE to see the distribution center in action. That is totally my gig...I've been to the Wonderbread factory a half dozen times and the Ferrara Pan Candy Co. I've been to Bud, Miller, and Coors breweries. I have a friend who works at Tootsie Roll and I'm trying to convince him to take me on "take your daughter to work day!"

speedychef said:
I LOVE warehouses and factories and that kind of stuff. I would LOVE to see the distribution center in action. That is totally my gig...I've been to the Wonderbread factory a half dozen times and the Ferrara Pan Candy Co. I've been to Bud, Miller, and Coors breweries. I have a friend who works at Tootsie Roll and I'm trying to convince him to take me on "take your daughter to work day!"
I think UPS or the baggage area at O'Hare would be a real thrill for you, then. I've never been in either of them, but the films I've seen indicate that either one if like the largest train set any kid ever dreamed of with dueling conveyors criss-crossing everywhere.

Have you been on the HO tour at conference? You'll be disappointed if you're looking for action because the entire operation pretty much shuts down during conference. (Why? Because the place is crawling with consultants that need baby sitters. :D )In the warehouse, all you really get to see is row upon row of racking, stacked to just below the ceiling with pallet after pallet of PC products.

You also can see a lot of open space - room for expansion - so get recruiting!

I did go on the tour, and I did find it a little disappointing. I loved seeing the test kitchens and the museum and all that, and the video was cool but I was sad to miss the place truly in action. I think UPS would ROCK! I know a few people who work at the big UPS in Hodgkins...I never thought about getting in there!

Somehow, I suspect the only way you'll get into a UPS facility is in a brown uniform.

What is "on theRoad Again"?

"on theRoad Again" is a traveling event hosted by Pampered Chef, where consultants and customers come together to learn about our products, try out recipes, and shop for kitchen tools and gadgets.

When and where is the next "on theRoad Again" event in Lombard, Illinois?

The next "on theRoad Again" event in Lombard, Illinois will be held on November 7th, 2021 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook.

Can anyone attend the "on theRoad Again" event in Lombard, Illinois?

Yes, anyone can attend the "on theRoad Again" event in Lombard, Illinois. It is open to both consultants and customers.

What can I expect at the "on theRoad Again" event?

At the "on theRoad Again" event, you can expect to see and try out our latest products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and shop for kitchen tools and gadgets. There will also be raffles, giveaways, and other fun activities.

Is there a fee to attend the "on theRoad Again" event?

No, there is no fee to attend the "on theRoad Again" event. It is free for all attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy