• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering becoming a PC consultant in Ohio?

In summary, to become a Pampered Chef consultant in Ohio, you can sign up through their website or through a current consultant, complete training, and purchase a starter kit. The cost of becoming a consultant varies depending on the starter kit chosen, with additional costs for supplies and materials. Being a PC consultant offers the opportunity for income through hosting shows, selling products, and building a team, as well as access to discounts and support from the community. Working part-time is also an option, with the flexibility to set your own pace. New consultants receive a variety of support and training resources, including online courses, mentorship programs, and in-person events.
bearhall04
Hi Everyone...
I am strongly considering signing up to be a PC consultant. I love the product and am having a show next Friday in my home. I am needing a part time job to support my kitchen remodel...lol! I did not realize how much it would cost :grumpy: and we want to cash flow it. :)

There are several people I know are interested in coming to the show, and I am hoping will be willing to support my new endeavor.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I may be a 'newbie' this week if I decide to sign on the dotted line...;)
Andrea

Welcome!

I say go for it. You really have nothing to lose. Try it out for a bit, and if you don't like it, you get to keep your commission and the products!

(But I'll bet you'll love it too much to give it up ;))

Are you currently working with someone you can give you answers to any questions you have?For something part time to pay off a kitchen remodel, this is the perfect thing because you can stock it with good stuff at the same time.

Have your consultant tell the crowd that you are thinking of starting your business, and if they are interested in being your first hosts, write your name on the back of the prize drawing slip. There are many people who might not want to book with her but would be willing to host a show with you.

Congratulations!

Thank for you the encouragement on doing this. I have been debating between PC, Scentsy and Stampin' Up. I use all them and love them all, but PC is the one that everyone knows and loves almost immediately. :love: The lady doing my show is excited about me considering the opportunity. I am not sure about what level she is. She said if I did this all the bookings from my show I would be mine. Today I will ask my friends at church if they will do a show for me start off. I am sure most of them will be willing too.

Can I do shows in other states? I live in TN and have for years...I visit OH all the time to see family...Can I do shows anywhere? I just thought of that, cause that is another group of friends I can get help from to start off.

Thanks again! You all seem to really support and encourage each other. That is a great! :thumbup:

Andrea

Yes you can do shows anywhere. That is one great thing about PC is that your business will and can go where you go. Another perk is your mileage to and from the show in OH will be tax deductible plus any expenses along the way; other than gas.

But I really do hope you do decide to join. Pampered Chef was my "extra job" and it is one "job" I have never be willing to give up. It is so much fun and like they said, you may need to join now because of a kitchen remodel but you may just like it so much you do stay and then it becomes new tv's night outs, or just not living pay check to paycheck....

This is a great biz opportunity! I would definitely do what Intrepid Chef mentioned and ask everyone to consider hosting a show to help you get started strong! I'd also ask your recruiter if she or her D would be available to train and support you. This site will help you, but it's nice to know that you also have your upline available for you in the beginning. Sit down with her and have an action plan with specific goals for your kitchen remodel. E.g. How much do you need for your kitchen remodel and how many shows does that translate to? Start a list of 100...everyone you know who you have a way to contact. They do not have to be friends and do not have to be someone you believe will say yes. Send a mass email to everyone in your address book and tell them that you are starting your biz with PC and would love for them to help you by hosting a show. As a thank you, they'll get free products, half price items and more.

Don;t feel you have to wait for your show to get bookings on your calendar. Starting off with solid bookings before you sign will get you started strong and you'll totally be able to pay for your remodel.

Good Luck with your new adventure!

I joined recently, and I am SO happy I did. This forum has been a great support to me, and I have to say it's because of all I have learned here and from other consultants that I am officially "qualifying" Tuesday, on my 29th day. Never could have done it without everyone here.bearhall, qualifying means having sold my first $1250 in products. You don't have to do it in 30 days, you just get extra perks for doing it. That's one thing I love about PC, you set your own goals, not just your own schedule. And there is plenty of support on the Pampered Chef special website for consultants, Consultant's Corner, as well as here and through your recruiter and director.I love it, and here's the thing. If you sign up and decide you don't like it, no harm no foul, you can always quit, and you'll keep your kit and commission. BUT really give it a go. The one thing I wish I had done is had four firm for parties before I actually signed. I would have saved myself a bit of anxiety if I had. Whatever you decide, all the best to you!

Marghi-so glad you're pleased with the decision to join and that you qualified! That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a way to pay for it. You will definatly not regret it. As far as those out of state friends you can even do a catalog show for them. The host collects orders for you but you do not go to thier house to do a cooking demo. The host rewards scale is a little different but would totally work for you if you couldn't always make the drive.
Good Luck to you. You will be so pleased with your choice to join Pampered Chef.

Welcome, Andrea!

I'll echo waht Marghi said. Have 3-4 shows firmly scheduled before you sign. You'll get lots more incentives and more importantly, momentum that way.

Good luck on your kitchen remodel, too. They are interesting to live through.

Andrea, if you can get your 3-4 shows scheduled ahead of time, I think that is great. However, the consultant I signed up under suggested that, and when I asked NO ONE was willing to have a show! I went away from the idea of starting this business because of it. After about a year, I took a leap of faith that I'd find some shows somehow, and I managed to host 4 shows my first month, and make all my goals. You may find that sometimes you have to believe in yourself before others will believe in you, and for that reason, I wouldn't want you (or anyone else reading this thread!) to think you "can't" do it if you don't find instant support!

Magentablue, I have to say you are right. I do think it would have been easier to have 4 shows lined up, but no one should let that stop them. The new consultant can definitely host the shows themselves, like you did (rock on!)--some can be catalog shows, and even just having people over to help you open the kit can generate enough orders to count as a show, as it did for me.Thanks for making this point

I am working on getting 4 shows (or more) on the books before Friday. I want to start with a bang if you will...I just get to past the feeling I am being pushy - that is my fear I will be...I know I won't be, but I don't want to just roll over. I will talk to Ann about this and see what suggestion she has besides what I read here...thanks everyone! If I get the shows booked I will let you all know! :) Andrea

Bear, first off, welcome to chef success (CS) & soon, Pampered Chef. When you sign, there's a ton of online training as well as training that comes in your kit. It has a ton of word choices to use so you don't come across "pushy".Best wishes!!

Welcome, and best wishes on your new business!

Welcome, I would go for it. Of course I would tell you this, because it's what I did and am so glad I did. I am a stay at home mom of 6 children and although I started this for supplemental income, I have grown to love that it is something for ME! It is something all my OWN, and am so glad I joined. What I am trying to say is that while you may be joining for money for remodel, you may find a hidden gift like I did! Good luck!

Andrea, you can definitely do shows wherever; in fact, a fellow Consultant says "Have show, will travel!!"

Congratulations on your consideration of the greatest home-based business around, in my opinion! And, for the record, I live in Ohio, too, so if you ever need support up here, just let me know!! (I'm in the Youngstown area.)

Best of luck!
Paula

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant in Ohio?

To become a consultant in Ohio, you will need to sign up through the Pampered Chef website or through a current consultant. You will also need to complete the required training and purchase a starter kit.

2. How much does it cost to become a PC consultant?

The cost to become a consultant varies depending on which starter kit you choose. The basic starter kit is $109, but there are also larger kits available for a higher cost. Keep in mind that there may also be additional costs for business supplies and training materials.

3. What are the benefits of being a PC consultant?

As a PC consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through hosting cooking shows, selling products, and building a team. You also have access to exclusive discounts and product offerings, as well as support from the Pampered Chef community.

4. Can I still work part-time as a PC consultant?

Yes, you can work as a PC consultant on a part-time basis. Many consultants have other jobs or responsibilities and use their Pampered Chef business as a way to earn extra income. The flexibility of the business allows you to work at your own pace.

5. What kind of support and training is provided for new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training resources for new consultants, including online courses, mentorship programs, and in-person training events. You will also have access to a support team and a community of experienced consultants who can offer guidance and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Cyndi Reeder
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Gigi Metheny