1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show On the fence follow up

1. krzymomof4

krzymomof4 Veteran Member Silver Member

Okay, so I took everyone's advice and did the bridal fair in my area. It was not a bad turn out. They had 30 vendors, including myself. It was definately an experience and they have asked me to come back again next year, which I will. I have 150 leads to follow up with and feel a little overwhelmed not knowing where to start. No one filled out anything but their name and address and phone number, so even though I met each one of the brides(they had to have me mark a paper that they spoke to me), I am nervous about following up with them. A few of them said that they already had consultants, but they were going so fast I don't know who is who to not contact them. I know I need to do my follow up calls, but just don't know what to say.
    So, for those of you who are afraid of this kind of thing, it is definately worth it for the experience alone.

Leslie

Feb 28, 2006
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Yikes, that is tough if you don't have any other info. I did a Bridal Fair and used a different drawing slip so I have their wedding dates. I started calling all the 2006 brides first. That would be helpful info to have.

I suggest that you start with the ones you can remember were interested, if you can. Just call and say "Hi, this is XXX with The Pampered Chef. We met last week at the Bridal Fair at XXX location. You said you might be interested in our new wedding registry, can I tell you more?" Even though they may have already received info from you, tell them about it again. At our bridal fair, these ladies were inundated with info and walked out of there with bags full of paper.

And then just go on with ways you can be of service--I can help you take advantage of the great registry rewards, I can help you choose your items, I can help you set it up, etc...

Remember, you are offering them an opportunity and doing them a favor.

Feb 28, 2006
  3. krzymomof4

krzymomof4 Veteran Member Silver Member

I did a drawing also that was seperate from what I had to give the event for a door prize. My mom helped me out(I'm glad she did!), but by the time one group had gotten to the other end of the table, I was already talking to the next set. They were really rushing through. My mom told them the drawing was for everyone, but only the brides were entering. I got a cd from the event with all the brides info and wedding dates on them, so I at least know what order to put them in. :D

Feb 28, 2006
  4. reesefamily5

reesefamily5 Member

I would make the calls to everyone and if they say they are working with another consultant or say they have a consultant say "Wonderful I just wanted you to be aware of this great opportunity to register with the Pampered Chef Registry. If your interested contact your consultant to start your registry. If there is ever anything I can do to help you feel free to Give me a call."

I would only say that if they tell you they already have a consultant. This would make you look very professional by not trying to take someone elses business. That might stick out in their mind so if their consultant ever quits then they might contact you for future business.

Feb 28, 2006
Have something to add?