• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute Cherries with Apples in Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp?

In summary, the conversation is about where to find oatmeal cookie mix and if it is dry or good for a show. Participants share their experiences with finding the mix in grocery stores and suggest brands like Betty Crocker. They also discuss variations of the recipe, including using a yellow cake mix and adding different ingredients like coconut or apple pie filling. Some participants mention using a microwave to make the recipe. Overall, the recipe is highly praised and recommended.
Jennie4PC
Where do you get oatmeal cookie mix and is it dry?
aslo is it good? i am thinking about doing this for a show tomorrow to show the dcb.
TIA

They usually have some kind of dry cookie mix in the baking aisle. I've made chocolate chip, peanut butter and sugar cookies before that way. Not sure if they would have oatmeal cookies but you could start there.

the oatmeal cookie mix is in the grocery store, I had no problem finding it, my guest loved it and so did my hubby ( I tried it on him first) I sold 3 DCB with 10 guest at that show and got 2 bookings from guest who wanted it.

I got Betty Crocker brand. It was on the bottom shelf at Kroger. Red edges on the package. Someone had put Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips in front of the plain Oatmeal Cookies packages at Publix, so I had to dig a bit.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/cookies/

There's a coupon available on the site.

Here's a link to a locator:

Product Locator Page

Oh, and the recipe is FABULOUS.

NooraK said:
I got Betty Crocker brand. It was on the bottom shelf at Kroger. Red edges on the package. Someone had put Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips in front of the plain Oatmeal Cookies packages at Publix, so I had to dig a bit.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/cookies/

There's a coupon available on the site.

Here's a link to a locator:

Product Locator Page

Oh, and the recipe is FABULOUS.

That would be it!

It's not at our grocery store, so here's a variation I did.
Yellow cake mix
1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup of brown sugar
a couple of teaspoons of cinnamon plus
same butter I have added coconut too & it was really yummy as well. My family loved this recipe on Thanksgiving.

I found it at our grocery store too - in the baking aisle. I think it was Betty Crocker. It's super yummy! I took it to my in-laws for Thanksgiving! Everyone loved it! I had a hard time finding the 30oz can of cherry, I so I just used a 20 oz can & it worked fine.

I used two 30-oz cans :D DH liked it so much he asked for that for his birthday instead of cake!

I love apple crisp but hate cherries. Do you think I could just make this with all apple?

You'd want to have more apples to account for the volume. Also, the cherry pie filling has syrup and such in it too. Maybe you could use a different flavor? Like Apple pie filling.

I could only find Jiffy Oatmeal Cookie Mix. I had to buy 2 boxes, so it was 1.5 oz less than for which the recipe calls, but it was not missed!

NooraK said:
You'd want to have more apples to account for the volume. Also, the cherry pie filling has syrup and such in it too. Maybe you could use a different flavor? Like Apple pie filling.

The funny part is I actually haven't even looked at this recipe due to the fact that it says CHERRY! But I got to thinking that it might be good without the cherry part. Guess I'll have to try it out!

This recipe must be a guy thing. My hubby loves this, too, and thinks we should make a new batch as soon as it is gone! :love: It took me awhile to find the cookie mix b/c I had never used it before. Its in a pouch-thing, not a box, which threw me. I think you could use apple pie filling in place of the cherries w/ no problem. What about peach? Don't you think that would be yummy?

@sandilou - peach sounds really yummy! :)

thanks you guys. I decided I am going to make it for my family before I do it for a show. Now to go find the cookie mix. It sounds really yummy cant wait to try it out

Last edited:
wadesgirl, you could use apple - maybe add 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cranberries, or possibly raisins - you'd have a hit!

I have a great oatmeal cookie mix that you keep the rolls of dough in the freezer. I just followed the directions for our recipe using my cookie dough. I then had the dough in the freezer, so I could make it anytime later (until my son ate all the dough).

I only found the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie mix in the store. I bought this and took out the chocolate chips.

I finally made this recipe and it was so good. My DH really liked it also. I have yet to tell him it was made in the microwave. When I made the chicken in the mirowave he was saying how good it was then when I told him it was done in the microwave he back tracked and said he could tell

wadesgirl said:
I love apple crisp but hate cherries. Do you think I could just make this with all apple?

I'm not a big fan of cherries either, but I really liked this!!

1. What are the ingredients for the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp?

The ingredients for the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp are 6 cups of sliced apples, 2 cups of pitted and halved cherries, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup of cold butter, and 1/4 cup of caramel sauce.

2. How do I make the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp?

To make the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp, first preheat your oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix together the sliced apples, halved cherries, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chopped walnuts, and cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the fruit mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.

3. Can I use frozen fruit for the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit for the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp. Just make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the recipe. This will prevent excess liquid from making the crisp soggy.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp recipe according to your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version, or coconut sugar for a refined sugar-free option. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different.

5. How should I store the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp?

You can store the Autum Apple Cherry Crisp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until warmed through. You can also freeze the crisp for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Liquid Sky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies