• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omgoodness, Another Rant About Merrill

In summary, the customer service lady told the customer that the aprons were no longer available and that the jackets
Nanisu
Gold Member
:yuck:I ordered stuff from the clearance. Got my email a week later that the jackets were no longer available. Also ordered 4 aprons. Called today, one month later, and guess what--the aprons were no longer available either. How nice of them to let me know. I lit into the customer service lady on the phone, asked her

1) why on earth doesn't their website tell you WHEN YOU ORDER if they are out of something, and

2) When were they going to get around to letting me know???

That's it. I am DONE with Merrill.

I am right there with you! They did the same thing to me...

Yeah, not real thrilled with the quality of the items I got at conference. One of the pink duffles I bought for my kids had 2 broken zippers in 3 weeks. Never got a response from them. Reminds, I need to contact them again....paid $15 for it, it should last more than 3 weeks!

I'm sorry for your frustration Nancy :( I think we ALL need to be sending lots of emails to HO about what went horribly wrong with this sale.

I have never been impressed with Merrill's quality! I didn't purchase one thing from their booth at NC. Anything that was of better quality as super expensive. Forget it.

I am happy with the items I got from the sale for the prices I paid. I just wish all my items were available...like I was led to believe when I ordered everything and not receiving any communications of the items OOS that were not going to ever be shipped to me.

If they have rock bottom prices, then yeah I may order again. But pay them retail or even for a slight discount...NO THANKS. :thumbdown:

I am with Noora on this one. I think we all need to start sending emails to the HO- if we ask for change they will listen, but you need to voice your concerns to them in order to expect anything to change. It would be disappointing to see everyone so frustrated but no one say anything to HO about it.

The only thing I will order from Merrill from now on is my business cards. Their logo-wear has been horrible quality and inconsistently sized. Their customer service has been non-existent.

I have two shirts from there I adore. For me, I have not had problems...and you know I would join the band wagon quick if I had any issues!!:D

I just got 3 new shirts (on the sale) and thought I was buying them the right size or a little big but they are all too small. I am hoping to shrink into them but it is disappointing that their sizing is so inconsistent.

I have had good and bad CS from them - depends on who you get I guess. Definitely make sure that HO knows how you feel! They can't fix what they don't know. ...but then, there have been complaints since day 1 that they changed to Merrill. Merrill must have given them some kind of good deal to get the exclusive contract - too bad it isn't being passed onto us.

I gotta complaint now with Merrill myself. ordered a booth building business cd in August. it wasnt in the box, contacted the company and was told it would be shipped out asap. now it's a month later, still no cd and this morning I was told there are no more. Out my money unless they refund the few bucks it cost. No emails saying it wasn't coming, nothing. until I contacted them. HO needs to hear complaints from us.

"Booths Build Business" is a CD from supply order, not Merrill...

That's sad that it was a HO CD and Merrill CS just sad they were OOS! How dumb is that! That is one of the main reasons I have never purchased from Merrill. My Recruit got her "package" that was the labels, business cards, etc. and about 2 months ago she MOVED. Now all her stuff has the wrong address & phone number on them! I told her then that if she ever moved, all of that would be useless and she should contact them about not putting her home address on there since in this day and time, it is a little scary to just put your home address out somewhere! VistaPrint is who I will consistently go with for my business supplies that I don't do myself!

Last March I bought two black men's polo shirts from them. I do not remember what I paid for them. I ALWAYS wash my clothes in cold water and I never bleach anything because I break out if I do. After only several months of wearing them, they looked like I had a bit of bleach in the water. You know, they got that brownish look where the color simply washed out of the fabric. Such a waste. Won't do that again! I too sent an e-mail to HO. Never did hear anything about it even from HO.

Even if you never hear anything back from the HO, you can bet they're keeping track of the issues.

I got a few sweaters in size M (right now wearing a large but hoping to go back to Medium soon) and they fit more like a L. Got the blue cardigan and shirt set...size Medium....I need to lose about 60lbs instead of 6 to fit into it. HORRIBLE incosistency (and I do think the cable knit sweaters are going to go "out of round" (shape) quickly as they are a loose knit. Thankfully they were cheap enough but the sweater set I guess I will hang on the door as my diet motivational piece. :)

I just got an e-mail TODAY from them that the diaper bag I ordered during the dollar days sale is not available. How nice of them to tell me, two weeks after the order was placed and long after the dollar days sale is over. The web site said CLEARLY that though it was out of stock it COULD BE ORDERED. They didn't say I might not receive what I ordered! If I had received this e-mail while the order was still pending, I might have swapped another item instead.

I ordered a medium sweater- there was a little problem- it fit perfectly on my arms and bust line but it was so short! It went above my belly button! I was like this is like a kid's size???????? I looked at the tag and it said Ladies Medium.Yeah right!Will get credit for it. UGHAt least my jacket and my stamper was right

I just got an email today....I was sent some items with an invoice stating that the other items were on Back Order....today's email....I will not receive ANY of the items on back order! They have basically stated that I was told "while supplies last...that I wasn't charged and so all is done. Not too happy....not even 1?

Yeah there customer service sucks. I ordered items during dollar days. Never said my items were not available. Charged my card so I thought everything was ok. Never got my items and looked again to see when I wass charged and the charge wass gone. So I called ...... only to be told that my pullover sweater was not available but my other items were being shipped. Got my other license plate holder & my pedometer (which was barely worth the $4 I paid). My notepads were on "B/O". They charged me Friday for the notepads. I get an e-mail today to say oh sorry don't look for the notepads because you aren't getting them. GRRRRRR

Got the e-mail today the items are not available. You would think they did some sort of inventory once in a while to figure out what they had. I am not ordering from them EVER again.

I recently received my order - large black cable knit sweater, note pad thingy and paper clip tin. The neck on the sweater was so small I could not even get it on!! When I called to ask for them to pay to return it because I felt it was defective, I was told I had to pay to send it back, and at that time was told the note pad was not going to be available. I let my anger rest a few days and called back and spoke to someone else explaining to them that I could not even get the sweater on (and I am not a big person) and didn't feel like I should have to pay to send it back. She relented and they sent me a UPS label to send it back. I will never order any logo wear from them again! I have some "older" things from the previous vendor and they are still in fine shape, so I will stick with those. I was also not impressed with tin with the paper clips. It looks like a fancy tuna can with the PC logo that you can hardly see because it is so small. Enough ranting - glad I wasn't the only one with problems.

cochef said:
I recently received my order - large black cable knit sweater, note pad thingy and paper clip tin. The neck on the sweater was so small I could not even get it on!! When I called to ask for them to pay to return it because I felt it was defective, I was told I had to pay to send it back, and at that time was told the note pad was not going to be available. I let my anger rest a few days and called back and spoke to someone else explaining to them that I could not even get the sweater on (and I am not a big person) and didn't feel like I should have to pay to send it back. She relented and they sent me a UPS label to send it back. I will never order any logo wear from them again! I have some "older" things from the previous vendor and they are still in fine shape, so I will stick with those. I was also not impressed with tin with the paper clips. It looks like a fancy tuna can with the PC logo that you can hardly see because it is so small. Enough ranting - glad I wasn't the only one with problems.

Janet, I had to push to get them to pay return shipping as well because the microsuede jacket I ordered in size XS was large enough to fit my husband (he wears a men's XL)
The ultimately agreed to send me a UPS label but only after I did some serious fussing. I will NEVER order anything but business cards and generated ads from them again!

This reminds, me...got my credit card statement today- better go over it with a fine-tooth comb. I too got the email about the Diaper Bag and the small red purse being unavailable now. Ordered them on the first day of the sale. Gee- did they take the orders in the order they were received or just fill them as they felt like it? I bet they didn't fill orders in any first-come-first serve.Oh well...I got what I wanted at least. The others were just bonus.I doubt they'd do a sale quite like this again anyway! :D outside of the fact that they finally got rid of all the "while supplies last" merchandise, it was a nightmare for them I'm sure!

so if the black men's polos are wierd, do they sell them for white guys?

LOL

Sorry the booth building cd is from PC. must be an industry wide wierd month for orders.doodoo doodoo, doodoo doodoo,

I ordered 4 things from the outlet on September 9. They finally decided to email me yesterday to let me know that NONE of my items are available.

I am so unhappy with Merrill. Their shipping is expensive and takes too long. And their customer service leaves much to be desired. I've had more than one issue where I wasn't satisfied.

I bought a travel toiletry case in the spring. Didn't get to use it till Conference. After conference, I went on vacation and during that time, one of the zippers in the case broke. So I used it, like, 5 days? I called Merrill to ask if they would replace it because it was obviously defective, and was told no, because they have a 30 day guarantee, and I was beyond that. Well, a travel case is something you use for TRAVEL, not every day, and how would I know it was defective unless I was traveling and using the case? She still said no. I asked her to check with a supervisor. I was offered a 10% discount on a new one. Not good enough--please check again. Their final offer was a 30% discount. I thought for a moment, and decided "no", since I still had to pay their outrageous shipping.

So that's MY rant. Add it to the rest of them!

I also received an e-mail today saying the diaper bag was not going to be sent. Ho Hum.

The sweater I bought is too small and the white polo shirt is so super thin that there is NO way that it can be worn without a cami underneath. You'd be able to see EVERYTHING. It's way too hot out here to wear a 2nd layer. Both items are still sitting on the table in the box. I only ordered 3 things from the sale, didn't get one item and can't use the other two.

Older rant: I also dislike how they leave a HUGE gap at the bottom of the business cards when you omit the address. You would think that whoever is designing those would at least move the writing down a bit and make it look somewhat spaced proportionately on the card. :rolleyes:

I do have a couple of the t-shirts and so far they've held up okay. But overall, I've been disappointed on all the other orders that I've made. :(

Shelia,
What size sweater did you order? I got the kiwi in xl and find it to big for me.

Last edited:
Tricia, it's a light blue pull over sweater top, size Large. Want to trade? I was trying to add photos, but I keep getting an error message.

Shelia,
I just PM'd you

I guess I won't ever be ordering from them

Got an email today too. NONE of my items are available.......Why do they wait a month to tell me!?! I am so irritated! First...and last time I will order from them!

Yep...I am right there with you girls! I ordered several items from the dollar days special. I received the notepads and nothing else. Then I received an email saying that all the rest I would NOT be receiving.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that i just paid like $7-$8 in shipping for freaking NOTE PADS!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ellen, I'd be super mad about that too. Maybe if you call & complain they will reimburse all or part of your shipping???

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
katem51
  • pamperedharriet
  • General Chat
Replies