• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Product Adjustments: The Frustrating Reality of Customer Service

In summary, the customer is frustrated with the slow system and the lack of customer service. There are still three adjustments that need to be made, and the customer is waiting on a supervisor call back.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have been on the phone with HO for 1 hour and 15 monutes (not on hold, actually dealing with a live person) to process three product adjustments!! The system is slow, she has to ask a supervisor a question, then the system is slow, then she has to look something up, then another supervisor question, then the system is slow--now she is taking 5 minutes to PUT MY ADDRESS INTO THE SYSTEM TO SHIP AN ITEM BACK TO ME. 5 minutes. The system is slow---NO, REALLY???????? I have like 5 more to do, and only 1 of them can be done over the phone--I entered the others on the web over 3 weeks ago and never got a return email, they are not on my shipment status.....so they can't get the system to respond--every time they look something up it takes 5-7 minutes....and to further complicate things...

I have a customer who has a Professional 12" skillet--it's warped. She bought it in 2002, but it has a lifetime warranty. She didn't buy it from me, and the consultant she bought it from is out of the picture. Didn't have an original receipt because the consultant didn't give her one, gave her a PP receipt NOT printed on PP paper. So at first they won't take it back without a receipt. I give them the show # and information, and ask to credit it towards an executive pan. No they won't do that, they will only exchange pan for pan. Ok, so We get that part worked out, and now they are telling me they don't HAVE any more Professional 12" skillets left. Ok, they can't give her an executive, they won't refund her $$ and they don't have any more professional 12" skillets, what exactly is the procedure now? No one seems to know.

I can't believe I have been on the phone for now over 2 hours for this.....

It was my understanding that if they ran out of Professional skillets they would be subbing Executive. I would get a supervisor on the phone! Hope you get it worked out!

Oh yeah--the supervisor will have to call me back--'cept of course that I am still on the phone doing the other adjustments--guess everyone is getting soup tonight for dinner, LOL.

I think I would ask to talk with the supervisor she keeps asking questions of. How furstrating. Like you had 2 hours of your day to do this.

Yeah. How can they honor a lifetime warranty on a product they no longer supply-WITHOUT doing a substitute. Sounds like someone who doesn't know what they are doing...and she/he is using the excuse of "slow system" to cover her ***. Been there- done that! You say what you can to bide your time as you work the computer.Good luck....hang in there.

Nanisu said:
Oh yeah--the supervisor will have to call me back--'cept of course that I am still on the phone doing the other adjustments--guess everyone is getting soup tonight for dinner, LOL.

Yep, it is going to be hard for them to call you if you are still on the line with the first person.

This poor girl is practically in tears, I feel her frustration....bless her heart. I made mention that we've been hearing "new system problems" now since January and it's getting a little old and she started laughing at one point, I didn't ask her why.....

Sheesh. All done. Not all resolved, but the call is done. 2 hours +. 5 attempts, 3 resolved.

I'm worn out just reading about it....lol :) Good Luck! I agree that if they don't have them anymore then they should be required to replace it with one that is like it in our current line. Lifetime is a lifetime not until they run out & then your stuck.

I'm sure it will be handled the way it should. It's just a shame that you, Nanisue, caught someone who didin't know how to handle this who while she was dealing with a very slow computer system.

Sounds like she got the lady my Recruit got day before yesterday. The CSR informed her that since the person ordered the wrong item (new customer) and DEMANDED she get the Easy Read Measuring Cups ($23) for the price of the Measure All ($10) because we should have know that's what she meant... She wrote the Measure All number on the order form and "Measure All Cup" in the description. She put $23 but I was processing this and am pretty sure I called it to her attention... She did not total her order and I did as I put it in P3 in front of her. I read back the order to her as well. Anyway, this CSR tells my Recruit in the interest of Customer Service, she should order the correct ones on a KE and pay for the difference herself to keep this woman happy! The CSR then proceeds to make Shanda place the order on the phone IMMEDIATELY through her! This customer claims IF Shanda gets her ERMC to her by the 25th at her friend's show, she MAY have 3 orders that MAY be $50 each. I was furious when I found out the CSR told her this. Poor Shanda follows what people tell her and she presumed these people she talks with at HO are actual consultants and know what they are doing! Her DH blew a gasket that she was paying for this... He just had 15 kidney stones removed and is out of work at least a week and maybe more... She is getting 6 hours a week at her job. She had 3 shows cancel this month (2 before the 15th) and is frustrated. He wanted her to quit. She was in tears when she called me. I was so upset at that CSR for telling her that crap! That is not what we need at HO, talking to new consultants! She is out of town until Sunday and then I am going to talk with her again about this. The CSR failed to tell her that the KE is not unlimited orders this month! ARGH!

I'm assuming you reported this person to the HO. That's terrible.

How frustrating is that?!?!

What was the final outcome for the cookware Nancy? They're certainly giving her the exec replacement in lieu of the professional right?

Well, they have a new system (ummmm...same song, 23rd verse, yes?). I never did get a call back from a supervisor, and I hope they call me tomorrow--I told her to have the supervisor call me on my cell if they had to--guess I'll just put the "pretend receipt" for my customer's pan in my purse in case they do. I am trying to be patient, really I am.....

Nanisu said:
Well, they have a new system (ummmm...same song, 23rd verse, yes?). I never did get a call back from a supervisor, and I hope they call me tomorrow--I told her to have the supervisor call me on my cell if they had to--guess I'll just put the "pretend receipt" for my customer's pan in my purse in case they do. I am trying to be patient, really I am.....

Yeah, this is the same shade that happened to me last week when I called HO every other hour it seemed for 3 days straight about a show I had on hold. Financial Services NEVER called me back, after leaving about 4-5 messages and finally after speaking w/ about 4 CSR during that time, a wonderful person working the phone did call me back and leave a message that she had been watching my show to see if/when it was going through and I was so grateful for it...but, I should not have had to wait THREE days for a resolution when THEY give a certain amt of time for me to get the show resolved! I don't know what is going on over there, but I do think that PC is pushing all this recruiting (how many are they going to get in March and April just with the promos alone?) and they don't have the support at HO to back these new consultants up, plus what about us older ones who are used to a certain level of professionalism? I know that in almost 6 yrs, I have NEVER experienced anything like I did last week.

Well, it ain't like it was when Doris was runnin' it, that's for sure, LOL

Nanisu said:
Well, it ain't like it was when Doris was runnin' it, that's for sure, LOL

Ain't that the truth...

Yeah, I think when it comes time to write down what new things we want to see at conference, it may be a good idea to write in CSRs!
I got a line a BS when trying to replace a broken stone. I finally got it yesterday. I did the adjustment on March 5th! IT TOOK THREE WEEKS to get the instructions on what to do about it. Then, I returned it and get this, was told it would be another two to three weeks before they would send out the new one. That would have made it May 4th to May 11th. Two freakin MONTHS!!! I mailed in the return on April 6. It got there on April 10th. I kept the numbers so I could check with the PO. They calimed on the 14th they did not have it. I told them yes, they did and I need that new one out NOW!
They sent it out on the 15th and I got it on the 16th. What is with them! They constantly harp on consistancy and customer care yet their the ones who make it impossible for us to take care of our customers!

I just went through the same pan issue 2 months ago. But did not have the problem you are having. I was given the option to credit the customer or she neded to pay the upgrade fee which was very minimal maybe $8.00. I would def. talk to someone else!!!

Last edited:

1. What is "Omg This Is Ridiculous"?

"Omg This Is Ridiculous" is a popular line of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. These products are often innovative and unique, making them stand out in the kitchen.

2. How is "Omg This Is Ridiculous" different from other Pampered Chef products?

Unlike other Pampered Chef products, "Omg This Is Ridiculous" items are specifically designed to tackle common kitchen tasks in a new and creative way. They are often more compact and user-friendly, making them a favorite among busy home cooks.

3. Are "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products worth the investment?

Absolutely! "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products are made with high-quality materials and are built to last. Not only do they make cooking and meal prep easier, but they can also save you time and money in the long run.

4. Can "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products be used by everyone?

Yes, "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products are designed to be user-friendly for people of all ages and cooking abilities. They are also great for those with limited kitchen space, as they are often compact and efficient.

5. What are some popular "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products?

Some of the most popular "Omg This Is Ridiculous" products include the Quick Cooker, the Veggie Spiralizer, the Garlic Press, and the Microplane Zester. These items are highly rated by customers and are must-haves for any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vanscootin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PamperedChefLayla