• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Teenagers Always Have Such Hilarious Responses?

In summary, the teenager on the phone told Ann that the contact person for the PTO sponsored craft/vendor fair, his mother, was not at home. Ann left a message, but did not get a response. Kara thinks the teenager was rude.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I was on craigslist looking for ads for craft/vendor fairs, and found a great one. Wanted to call ahead to ensure they didn't already have a PC table before I send in my registration. It's a PTO sponsored fair, and the contact person must be a PTO mom...

Her teenage (sounded about 17) son answered the phone. I asked for the contact by name and he said "No, she's not here. She's at work." so I kindly asked if he could take a message. To which he replied, in his sluggish teenage voice, hee hee "Uuuuummmm... I'm about to leave? So.... no." HA HA HA HA HA :D!!! I don't know why I find this so hysterical! At least he was honest with me, I have a feeling if he DID take a message she probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway:p!

He did, however, inform me that she would be home from work at 5:30 so I should call back then. Very helpful young man ;)

Cracks me up, lol.

At least he was honest! I leave messages with my nieces all the time only to find out they never gave them to their mom.

Yes, I would have been upset had I found out he took the message and she never got it! :p

at least now you can call back when you know she will be home!! i have left messages with people's kids only to find out they never get them...and to honest when i was that old and someone would leave a message for one of my parents...it rarely got to them, not that i didn't care but i was too wrapped up in my own teenage drama to remember who called!!!

my kids were famous for not taking a message.. and we got a pad and pen for them and stuck it right by the phone...

I can't imagine my kids saying something like that - but, really, I'd prefer it to "yeah, sure," and then it doesn't get written down, and then forget to tell me.

Kara, just a word of advice from the mother of teens - PLEASE don't tell his mom when you talk to her! You (and we) think it's funny, but she may very well be mortified, especially when it's regarding an event so important to her.

I don't know - the mom may want to know that he was answering the phone. When my sisters and I were that age, we weren't allowed to answer the phone if nobody was home.

Personally I think that kid needs a lesson in phone ettiquet - that was rude.

pamperedlinda said:
Personally I think that kid needs a lesson in phone ettiquet - that was rude.

I agree with you. My 17 year old is usually good about taking messages. after a few times of forgetting, I gave him the riot act and reminded him that this is my business and it is important that if he answer the phone, I get the message.

sometimes when I get a child or even a husband, I ask if I could just call back and they let the answering machine pick up. that way I can leave a more detailed message and they don't have to write it down.

Oh my gosh I would never tell this mom- I am one of those people that would be mortified unless it was someone close to me that had called, and I wouldn't say something unless it was someone I was close to... you just never know how people will react or feel!I didn't get a chance to call back tonight but will call back tomorrow around noon- I'm sure no one will be home then- and leave a message on their vmail :)

Ann,

When I was that age, it was no big deal about answering the phone if my parents weren't home...especially considering I was home all day during the summer by myself (well, w/ my 13 year old brother) and it wasn't uncommon for them, or another family member, to call.

We were taught what to say if they weren't home though. It was never "They're not home" (not safe to say to strangers), but instead something along the lines of "they can't come to the phone" and "may I take a message?".

Better to never let strangers know that you are home unattended. I plan on teaching my little ones the same thing when they're older.

I don't know if it is as much CRACK ME UP as it is IRRITATE THE CRAP OUT OF ME! lol My brother lives with me, 17 yrs old, for the past 2 mornings his alarm clock has gone off at 5:30am to get up for school. It goes off for about 5 min before I have to get up to wake him up. My room is all the way across the house and I can hear it. Are kids deaf at this age??? It's amazing how that thing can beep for 5 min and all it takes is one JACOB for him to sit straight up in bed. :)
Sorry for the rant on a slightly different subject, but I saw Teenagers CRACK ME UP and thought YA RIGHT! lol

There have actually been studies that show children are more likely to be awakened by a parents voice than a smoke detector alarm, and they actually sell smoke detectors that you can record your own voice on. I guess that applies to teenagers too. You could get him one of those vibrating pillow alarms, then you wouldn't have to listen to it.

Or you could point out that his inability to awaken promptly in the morning is probably tied to not getting enough sleep (aka staying up too late) and that bedtime will move 15 minutes earlier each night that the alarm goes off for more than 5 minutes. ;)

chefann said:
Or you could point out that his inability to awaken promptly in the morning is probably tied to not getting enough sleep (aka staying up too late) and that bedtime will move 15 minutes earlier each night that the alarm goes off for more than 5 minutes. ;)

ooohhhhh, I'm gonna remember that one!

I would have rather he not answer the phone and let it go to voicemail than get that response. I hate talking to a son, hubby, etc. who is just ignorant - EX: "who is this? what do you want? Oh, alright, I'll tell her" - yeah, right! I just had a hubby say this to me tonight. If you're going to be rude, just don't answer the damn phone and let me leave a message for the person I was trying to reach, dumbass! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
I would have rather he not answer the phone and let it go to voicemail than get that response. I hate talking to a son, hubby, etc. who is just ignorant - EX: "who is this? what do you want? Oh, alright, I'll tell her" - yeah, right! I just had a hubby say this to me tonight. If you're going to be rude, just don't answer the damn phone and let me leave a message for the person I was trying to reach, dumbass! ;)
LOLWHOOORRAAAAHHH!! AMEN Sister!

Cathy- I agree wholeheartedly!

1. What is "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!"?

"Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" is a cookbook specifically designed for teenagers who are learning how to cook. It features easy and delicious recipes that are perfect for teens to make on their own or with minimal supervision.

2. Are the recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" are designed to be nutritious and balanced for teenage appetites. They also include tips for incorporating more fruits and vegetables into meals.

3. Can adults also use "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!"?

Absolutely! While the cookbook is geared towards teenagers, adults can also enjoy the simple and tasty recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" It's a great resource for families looking to cook together.

4. How many recipes are included in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!"?

There are over 50 recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" This includes a variety of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options to keep teens satisfied throughout the day.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!"?

No, the recipes in "Omg Teenagers Crack Me Up!" are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment that most households already have. However, there are suggestions for optional tools that can make cooking easier and more fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Careyann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mattheous
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • AJPratt