• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is Sheldon's Mystery Fiancee? And Why is the Family in Shock?

Indiana, but didn't get an answer until Christmas Day. Brent is also an engineer and works for a company that makes Star Trek communicators.
raebates
Staff member
If you're a fan of The Big Bang Theory, you know who Sheldon is. If you know me, you know that my BIL Brent is as close to Sheldon as anyone you could encounter. Since the premiere episode of the show the family joke has been that the writers know Brent and used him as the basis for Sheldon. I can't tell you the number of times the character has done something identical to something Brent has done.

This morning I got the following email from Brent. It was sent to every one of the siblings except the one still living with Mom and Dad.

I just thought I'd let the rest of the immediate family know that I am engaged. My girlfriend, Patty, called me this morning and said yes. We haven't set a date yet. It will be in Virginia and probably at the church I attend, but that is about all the details for now. Patty and I will talk about it after I get back to Virginia.

He included a picture that he'd taken just before he left for Indiana.

I'm in shock! :eek: Seriously. None of us knew that he was even dating anyone. Heck, as far as we knew he'd never had a date with anyone ever.

Why am I sharing this here? Well, everyone else in the house is asleep and I've been freaking out over this for the past hour. I had to share it somewhere or I was going to have to wake the guys to tell them. :eek: Because there's extended family on FB, I didn't want to share it there. I want to give him the chance to share his news.

Don't get me wrong. I'm ecstatically happy for Brent. I'm glad he's found someone to share his life with. I'm just stunned. We spent over six hours together on Christmas Eve and he never once mentioned having someone in his life. :confused: I know--it's a very Sheldon thing to do.

Thanks for letting me get this out. Yes, this is the same BIL we gave the Star Trek communicators to. (See this thread if you don't know about that http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/our-christmas-secret-58369/.) Guess his secret was even bigger than ours. :rolleyes:

I'll say it was, congratulations to him!

OMG, Rae, I am so happy for all of you!!!! Isn't family wonderfully strange?!

aww Rae..congrats!!! As I began reading this thread I thought is this the same Brent as the Star trek communicators......:)....it seems like he really shocked you all...still waters run deep...I love Big Bang Theory,too...we all laugh at Sheldons antics, and Wallawoitz, and Raj, and of course Leonard too!!!! Have a great day...did you guys get snowed in out there???

That is hilarious!! I love the Big Bang Theory and especially Sheldon...you are so right that this is a very Sheldon thing to do!:rolleyes:

The message he sent is very funny....it makes me wonder did he propose over the phone? Or did he propose at a prior time and she had to think it over until now? Either way, very funny!

My DH wants to know what your Sheldon does for a living. (He has a bit of Sheldon in him as well and feels that is an important fact to know :rolleyes: :) ).

Our Sheldon works for Langly Research on loan to NASA. He's an aeronautical/astronautical engineer. As far as I can tell he proposed before he left but didn't get an answer until Christmas Day. Who knows, though. He could have proposed over the phone. The man is odd.We aren't snowed in quite yet. It took the guys a while to get us out of our icy driveway on Christmas Eve, but we've been able to mostly come and go as we like. We had a little more snow last night than the friendly weather people predicted. No surprise there, though.

I told my husband what your Sheldon does and he smiled and said, "That's acceptable!" :rolleyes:

raebates said:
Our Sheldon works for Langly Research on loan to NASA. He's an aeronautical/astronautical engineer.

He sounds like my brother, The Rocket Scientist. I asked him once what he does for a living. He took a half an hour explaining it all to me, and I don't really know any more now than I did before he told me.

What is "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!" about?

"Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!" is a romantic comedy about a couple, Sheldon and Amy, who are navigating their engagement and planning their wedding while also dealing with the quirks of their friends and family.

Who stars in "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!"?

The movie stars Jim Parsons as Sheldon and Mayim Bialik as Amy, reprising their roles from the popular TV show "The Big Bang Theory". The movie also features other familiar faces from the show, such as Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki.

Is "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!" suitable for all ages?

While the movie does have some mild language and adult themes, it is generally appropriate for viewers of all ages. However, parents may want to use their discretion depending on the maturity level of their children.

Is "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!" a standalone movie or do I need to watch "The Big Bang Theory" to understand it?

While "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!" does reference events and characters from "The Big Bang Theory", it is a standalone movie that can be enjoyed without prior knowledge of the show. However, fans of the show may appreciate the movie even more.

Where can I watch "Omg! Sheldon's Engaged!"?

The movie is available to stream on various platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video and iTunes. It may also be available for purchase or rental on DVD or Blu-ray. Check your preferred streaming or rental service for availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila