• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Surprising Items Can You Discover at a Thrift Store?

In summary, a person found several brand new Pampered Chef products at a thrift store and was wondering why they were donated instead of being used in a business or sold for money. There was speculation that it could have been a mistake or possibly a stolen or misplaced box. The person felt sorry for the consultant who may have lost these products and suggested notifying Pampered Chef headquarters. Some also mentioned the possibility of a disgruntled spouse donating the wrong box.
iddlebiddle
the thrift store!!!!!! :eek: I couldn't beleive it. I am talking about the two new knives, pizza cutter, finger guard, spreader, skinny scraper.:)

I sooooo made out today!!! I was looking to see if the skillet was there or the towels, but they weren't!!!!

I can't really figure why someone gave them up. Or if they got stolen from someone and sent there.

Who knows

That is really bizarre. Why would someone (obviously a consultant) GIVE AWAY brand new products instead of using them in his/her business?

Quit the biz or hard up for $$$$$????

That is very strange!!

That's crazy. It sounds like a mixup of some sort. I can't imagine anyone would just give those things to a thrift store. They've barely been out! Even if quitting the business, surely they know someone who would like the products.

Was it a consignment type where they might be making some $ or a total donation thrift store? That is so odd!

heat123 said:
Quit the biz or hard up for $$$$$????

They wouldn't get money for giving it to a thrift store, right? At least, not at my thrift stores...

If they were hard up for money, wouldn't they sell them somewhere?

rebeccastt said:
They wouldn't get money for giving it to a thrift store, right? At least, not at my thrift stores...

I think that there is a difference between thrift and consignment. Thrift stores, at least around me (Salvation Army) are all donations. Consignment shops are based on commission!

There is a difference, but she said thrift store...maybe she mean consignment.

You're right I was thinkin consignment store for $$$.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone's DH took the wrong box to donate!

I often take my donations over in PC boxes... I do the dropping off myself so I doubt I would make that mistake - of course, I'll have to be sure I'm extra careful after this! I feel so sorry for her!

BethCooks4U said:
I wouldn't be surprised if someone's DH took the wrong box to donate!

I often take my donations over in PC boxes... I do the dropping off myself so I doubt I would make that mistake - of course, I'll have to be sure I'm extra careful after this! I feel so sorry for her!

Oooh, that would be BAD!

Ohhh, that would suck. I haven't thought of it but may go by the the thrift store to see what is there.

Wow that is crazy!! That would suck if it was a mistake that they made it to the thrift shop.

Actually, she is in Norfolk and she said Thrift Shop....that is what we call them on base so she may have meant on the Naval Base. Military Thrift Shops are primarily consignment shops but they also take donations. The profits go back to the base.

It was a thrift store, not a consignment store and it was not on base.

Maybe, like someone said, it was a mix up in the donation box.

Any way, it is to my benefit and that might sound cruel, but better I get it than someone else.

Those are all items from the SAT level 1. I wonder if someone's box was stolen and the crook didn't like what was in it.

or if a DH was just fed up with too much PChef stuff and put it out to the curb!;)

Can someone tell me what DH is? Im gathering something Hubby? Disgruntled? LOL!

Denarella said:
Anything that starts with a "D" - husband. Dear, darn, damn, doofus, etc.

Wow! That would be sad to figure out the wrong box went.

Denarella said:
DH = dear husband (usually)

I would notify HO, I'm betting this was a box that was stolen or was opened during fed ex shipmant and it was taken there. How would a consultant benefit from a percentage of a consignment?
They can determine if they had a consultant in the area report a stolen or missing box.

The store should also have some record shouldn't they since they provide receipts.....

There are so many other posts about people's boxes arriving ripped open and items missing. I agree that HO should be notified. I just feel SURE that anyone who cared enough about their business to earn level 1 SAT would not donate/discard intentionally. (Or my first thought was the DH donating the wrong box too!)

Personally, if my husband donated the wrong box I would be sitting at the thrift store waiting on it to open. Even if I had to repurchase them at the deep discount which I'm sure they were. I would be armed with my STUPID husband and a new catalog for proof as well.
I really think it is a case of HO being ripped off!!

The thrift shop I give my things to does provide receipts, but I fill out my own receipt when I get home. There is no other copy left at the store.

1. What are some important things to look for when shopping for knives at a thrift store?

When shopping for knives at a thrift store, it's important to inspect the condition of the blade. Look for rust, chips, or other signs of damage. It's also a good idea to check the handle for cracks or loose pieces. Make sure the knife feels comfortable and well-balanced in your hand.

2. Is it safe to buy a used pizza cutter from a thrift store?

As long as the pizza cutter is in good condition and has been properly cleaned, it is safe to buy a used one from a thrift store. Before using it, make sure to wash it thoroughly with hot, soapy water and sanitize it with a disinfectant spray.

3. What is a finger guard and why is it useful?

A finger guard is a small piece of metal or plastic that attaches to your fingers and protects them while you're chopping or slicing food. It can help prevent accidents and keep your fingers safe from cuts. They are especially useful for beginners or those who are not as confident with their knife skills.

4. Can I sharpen a thrift store knife if it's dull?

Yes, you can sharpen a thrift store knife if it's dull. However, it's important to note that not all knives can be sharpened, so it's best to ask a professional for advice. If the knife is made of high-quality steel and is in good condition, sharpening it can make it as good as new.

5. Are there any items I should avoid buying at a thrift store?

It's generally not recommended to buy any kitchen items that are made of plastic or have non-stick coatings from a thrift store. These materials can wear down over time and may not be safe for cooking. It's also important to avoid buying any items that are cracked, chipped, or have missing pieces, as they may not function properly or could be a safety hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • chefann